HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Horton response - What's your thought?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 06:37 AM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Horton response - What's your thought?

10ptCrossbow, Sgt. Mike asked:
I asked the Horton folks for their thought on where the water came from and how to check the trigger parts for moisture.
which was why I assumed he wanted to take the trigger apart. The only way to check and see if there was any water damage (corrission, rust, dirt particles) inside the trigger would be to do an internal check of the trigger.

As for your saying:
I doubt they will overnite him anything, but they may replace it with a new one
and that
that is just not cost effective or possible.
will all depend on how the company feels about their customers. This problem could be a very serious safety problem. None of us know how the water got in there. Was the bow submerged for an extended period of time (worse case senerio). We do not know and I truly believe that they do not either,

But the thing is, a customer bought a bow (their bow) in good faith and expects it to be working properly. It is probably noting major wrong with the bow, but none of us know. Now the customer has to be without his bow while it is shipped back (time in shipping) then wait for them to check it over and then ship it back, well in my opinion, that is truelly unfair to him. The bow was supposed to be new and in good condition, not with water inside. They should, if they care about their customer, in this case get a new bow back to him as soon as they could to keep him happy and not make him wait any longer.

What is the cost to a company (when they are in the wrong) in customer service. Minor cost to increase the shipping to overnight to kep the customer happy compared to a dissatisfied customer whonext time might buy their competitor's bow. Requesting overnight with a new bow (after they receive the return) is not unreasonable.