Community

Team 12 Tommy Knockers

Old 03-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

How about this----> ( Tommie Knockers ) for your team name?
Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

How bout double-bearded strutters, or any of the previous mentioned names work. Huntnteen you should just pick one bc it honestly wont matter what the name is bc by the end of the season everyone will know us as the champions haha...

I went out scouting this morning and the birds weren't too vocal, but i ended up sitting 75 yards from where they were roosted. The hens were yelping up a storm and the toms only gobbled about 5 times each (which is a low amount for my area). All in all i had 3 big toms fly down in front of me then head off towards the hens and i had another tom fly down on my other side, but i never saw him. The season is too far away and needs to get here so i can lay the hammer down on these guys!!!!!!

Last edited by ek_buckmaster; 03-22-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

buckmaster. What part of Wisconsin are you in?

As far as team name, huntnteen can just pick one. It really don't matter much.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Very central wisconsin, not sure if your familiar with the state but i hunt about 15 minutes northwest of Stevens Point.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I swear I checked in already...but apparently not! Checkin in now, I'll be hunting Wisconsin Rapids, WI the second to last weekend in April...I think I know where they're roosting now unlike last year so hopefully I can seal the deal on one...it'd be my first if I do so wish me luck!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't turkey hunted much in the past. But, when I did I had a good time and enjoyed it quite a bit. I have killed 2 hens and 3 jakes over the short amount of time I have been hunting turkeys. I really want to take my first nice Tom this year and I have a couple of great spots I will be hunting back and forth this spring. I should have the first couple of days off so hopefully I will be able to nail one. Our season starts April 19th.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok i liked Tommy Knockers, so that is our team name..... Oh and driving down the freeway today i saw about 5 gobblers struttin, ive got the fever bad. ONE MORE WEEK! Or less if i can go this weekend, but my dad just came out of surgery
Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I hope your dad heals up soon huntnteen!!! I just went and scouted another place this morning( and ill prolly be out in the mornin all week bc its my spring break haha) and heard 4 toms that i felt would've been close enough to get a chance at calling them in. Then i drove past the spot i scouted yesterday morning and sure enough 3 toms and 6 hens in the field. Im so pumped!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds good huntnteen.

buckmaster, I'm originally from Wisconsin, so I'm familiar with the Stevens Point area. I'm originally from Potosi, WI...which is in the SW corner of the state, about 10 minutes south of Platteville, or about an hour south of Madison. My job and Iowa whitetails took me another 30 minutes south across the border into Iowa...lol

I see we have two cheeseheads from WI. natimage, I have a sister from the Milwaukee area. Menomonee Falls to be exact. And a brother in Johnson Creek.

As far as turkeys, I will be using my bow from April 12-28, then a shotgun from the 29-May 16. Lots of time to hunt turkeys.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah i got 4 weeks of hunting here bc i am buying 4 tags haha.. I know it seems like a lot, but seeing as i have many different pieces of land that i can hunt i don't think ill make too big of an impact.. And i doubt ill fill all 4, im just hoping for 1. lol. My season starts april 28th, but ill be calling birds for my uncle and dad the two weeks before so ill be getting my turkey hunting fix for the year lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.