Community

Team 12 Tommy Knockers

Old 05-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I am done, shot one with the bow at 55 yards. Did not find the bird. I would be really bummed if not for my Texas hog hunt tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

After a very long and bad luck riddled season in New York, I dropped the hammer on a second gobbler this morning. This was the twenty third morning chasing gobblers in NY, along with another seven days hunting Texas, and Ohio. Between the misses, and other Murphy's law moments, I was more than grateful on tagging the difficult gobbler on our land in McGraw. Given the mistakes, and the fact the gobblers had not turned on hard yet this season, my hopes for filling a second tag will less than optimistic. Late season can be fast and furious, but it was not looking to play out that way this week.

I had chased this gobbler on three separate mornings, only to have hens haul him off, deer blow & stomp, or dead silence after two or three gobbles. I did manage to figure out where his roost tree was. I would be there waiting on him this morning, and as close as I dare get. I got in early and was sitting up against a tree at 4:40AM this morning. It took a while to go the last hundred yards, as I had to pick my way through the woods as to make as little noise as possible. It was a good thing I sat where I did, as I would have gone past him if I had got to the tree I wanted to sit at. It was difficult not to make noise with the dry leaves, and it was as far as I dare go. As it turned out, the gobbler had roosted forty yards over.

The first gobble came at 5:12AM, and it was loud and very short. I thought it to be a jake at first, until he belted out another but long gobble. The crows fired him up, and I never made a call. I was within sixty yards of him, and I would have to let him hit the ground first before making a call. Along came a doe, and as it happened the day before, started to stomp and blow. Yes, scent does play a factor even though turkeys cannot smell. The gobbler clammed up, and my hopes were in serious question. The day before deer had done the same thing, and the gobblers stayed in the trees past 9AM. Only difference today was there was only one deer, and it ran off after a few minutes.

Ten minutes later the gobbler made a short drop from the tree, and landed directly out in front of my position. Five seconds later the gobbler walked directly in front of my barrel at thirty five yards, and the shotgun roared. The prior days of chasing him proved frustrating, but in the end gave me the critical bits and pieces of information to put it all together. The gobbler weighed in at 17lbs 14oz, sported a 9" beard, and had 15/16" & 7/8" spurs. A fine gobbler to tote over your back after fours weeks of hunting. Very much looking forward to not getting up at 3:30AM for awhile!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d&id=735242418

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=735242418

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...c&id=735242418

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=735242418
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice Mike. Way to end strong. I will get it entered, since it seems our POS captian is MIA.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sorry that i have been missing, i was getting a ton of homework and studying piled on me for the last half of the season, first year in college so i didnt really know what to expect and i did not function well with the time i had. Also had some of the stuff with my dad get kinda crazy there so this entire website slipped my mind, i am sorry.

I am still missing alot of addresses so please PM me if you want the stickers.

Once again i am sorry for my disappearance...
Old 05-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

you got my address?
Old 05-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

i PM'd him my addess on the 15th.....no sticker yet.

Congrats on the birds guys !!! we made a good team !
Gary
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone get there stickers yet ???????????????
Same thing happened last year with pat ely.
Arrowmaster ended up sending me one last year.

hellooooooo
captain !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

still no sticker...... he was all gung-ho to be team leader at the start too......
Old 06-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everybody PM him and remind him of how big of a POS he is. I already did...haha.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

stickers?????????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.