Community

Team 11 LONGBEARD MAFIA

Old 03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Largest bird of the season counts toward individual team score.
There is also a team total contest which takes into acount ALL birds scores on a single team... so keep shooting them!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

The team I was on last year came in 1st or 2nd on total kills.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

My team was one of the top 2 as well last year for total kills....
2nd or 3rd for overall score...
was a good year!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did some scouting in NY yesterday and located several long beards... very gobble happy already... the next month is going to drag on until season gets here...
Old 03-23-2010, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where's everyone been? Hunting I hope!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

I just printed off a bunch of pictures of turkey heads. Gonna head to the archery range in a few hours and practice shooting at them It's a really cool place. It's a park where you can camp and fish, and they have an outdoor gun range as well as the archery range. They even have a tower you can climb up and shoot out of so you can feel like you're in a treestand. I will let you all know how it goes! Can't wait for the season to open!
Old 03-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Also, my fiance just found out we have another place we can hunt. He and his dad spotted 12 turkeys on his grandpa's land. The problem is, its pretty close to town. They checked it out and were told that we could bowhunt there, but no guns. Which is fine because we have other places we can gun hunt if we want. He said 5 of them were toms and 1 bearded hen. Hopefully we can get a shot at one of them!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

I am going to scout tomorrow and maybe Friday this week. Can't wait- less than a month out!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Work has gotten pretty crazy here. Unfortunately, I expect to be pretty busy straight thru most of the season. I'll still take some time off to hunt though plus I'll have my weekends... Just ordered some hevi-13s from cabelas along with a new diaphragm call. I still have over a month to go before my seasons start. I've got one permission slip signed, have make some phone calls and do some road trips to CT for scouting/permission slips. I'll hit the woods around here in another week or so to try and locate some birds.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Heard one gobbling this AM up above my father's place on the ridge... my hotspot!!! Can't wait... it's gonna be a long month...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.