Community

Team 10 The Final Roost

Old 04-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was gone for the weekend boys, ill get our stuff updated ASAP.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I pulled a big goose egg on my long weekend. Heard some gobbles on the roost but then they mostly went quiet. Had one Friday that would gobble to us but while moving away. They must be henned up pretty hard.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job and great birds.Been busy hunting them.Had one at 45 yards sat. afternoon brush and not my trustworthy shells in the gun kept him alive.Spent my good shells on a coyote that came to the call that morning.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got the scorecard updated boys,

Kentuckybucks, we need pics ASAP.

Everyone else, keep chugging away at it. Ill be out in the AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my blind now. Had a hen yesterday for two hours.Got some good video.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tagged out boys, same stats as my other bird. Ill get it up soon.

Good luck fellas.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet!! Great job. Went out Sat. morning with no luck. Heard them, but they flew down in the opposite direction. Got rained out on Sunday. I'll be back out this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be good.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
JW
Super Moderator

well as Luck has it you get another team member as we rounded out all team rosters to 13 hunters!

And he comes with bird in hand shot this yr - and I will let him tell yo all about that!

Please welcome long time poster Champlain Islander
Oh andhis score is 18.75 + 10 + 10 + 20.5 = 59.25

Welcome to the fun and thanks

JW
Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

Well got skunked for the first time in Michigan in a while. Lots of opportunities for jakes but the big boys wouldn't co-operate. Hoping for better starting next week in Ontario.

Also congrats to those who have tagged one and good luck to those still out there trying.

And welcome to the team Champlain Islander.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Hi guys this is Frank, the guy behind the curtain operating the Champlain Islander character. JW gave me an opportunity to fill in a vacant spot on your team. I did luck out and got my first tag filled on day 2. It was an average bird for around here but the hunt was pretty thrilling. Lots of talking and changing locations to counteract a stubborn and henned up Tom. In the end I got the ladies to come in and that was his downfall. Had plenty of chances since last Sunday when I got Tommy but nothing big enough showed up. Oh well there is always tomorrow and it looks like rain which might throw a monkey wrench into the operation. Today was a fun day because I took out the landowner who let me hunt his land and he got his first Tom. I knew there were some decent Toms there and roosted some birds but thought they were all jakes and hens. My landowner friend went to the location I thought would give him some birds and when the sun came up he was surrounded. They were pitching out of the trees like falling leaves and he was going crazy trying to watch them with his binocs. He saw a strutter and watched it from 60 yards. It seemed locked into position and then suddenly a hen walked out further up the field past him. Live decoys are always a great attractant and that tom strutted his way right up and gave my bud a sure 20 yard shot with his non turkey 2 ½ in shotgun. I offered him my SBE before we went out with 3 ½ # 5’s but I think the thought of that recoil scared him off. I was set up a few hundred yards away on a connecting field so I got to hear the gobbling and the shot then the yahoooooooo. Nice bird of 18.33 pounds with a 9” beard and 1” spurs.

Here are a couple of pictures of my bird. 18.75 pounds, 10 1/4" beard and 1" spurs.
18.75 + 10 + 10 + 20.5 = 59.25

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 05-07-2010 at 03:35 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.