Community

Who will be first in 2010

Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

You da man! Blake. I need to send you a couple of "Secret Weapons" too. I registered the name and we're workin' on a website. PM me your address again.

Dan
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Fork Horn

Well I'm heading out in the morning for MS. I will post in from my phone sat. morning win I kill the first one of the contest.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe I wont be first, my buddy caught a trespasser hunting our opening morning spot today. Cant understand why someone would hunt out of season.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys had better put one down before March 20th if you want to beat me to the punch.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't you worry strutter, I'm thinkin a few of us will have at least one bird on the ground by March 20th. Hopefully I'll be one of em! Where you gonna be huntin strutter? Louisiana?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jjones
Maybe I wont be first, my buddy caught a trespasser hunting our opening morning spot today. Cant understand why someone would hunt out of season.
Jones I understand that situation bud, pisses me off more than anything. The people around me won't hesitate to pop a bird with a rifle in one of my fields at anytime of the year, and being an hour away from my property there's not too much I can do other than fence it off as good as I can and hope people start being respectful.....fat chance, I'll always have to deal with it, so I learn to deal with it. I can tell you this, even if somebody has already called to them too much don't get discouraged. It'll be harder to get one in range probably, but there's plenty of birds in the woods that will still come to a call. If you think your birds have already been pressured too much, just tone down your calling and call a whole lot less than you normally would. I hope you get ya one Saturday.....you better get him by Sunday or I'm gonna beat you to it!! Good luck man
Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
Don't you worry strutter, I'm thinkin a few of us will have at least one bird on the ground by March 20th. Hopefully I'll be one of em! Where you gonna be huntin strutter? Louisiana?
I haven't made my decision yet about opening weekend. I've got a couple of birds gobbling on my property now, but I hate to miss opening wekend in south Texas. I'm probabbly going to Texas opening weekend.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya strutter, I'm going this weekend to listen for birds and keep people from getting an early start on my property. It's youth hunt weekend tomorrow and sunday so I gotta make sure nobody screws with my birds before Monday.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's pretty sad when we have to go to our property to make sure someone is not hunting it on youth weekend. I surely don't blame the kid, but the adult should know better. I haven't had this problem on my property, but I'm there anyway just to make sure. Of course I'm also listening and filming. I'll be going crazy while in Texas hoping nobody slips on my property. I sure hope the birds are quiet that weekend on my property. I don't want them drawing any attention. Nothing I can do if they wander on someone elses property though. Good luck Southern.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Just put one down. I Will post pics later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.