Community

Team 11 Roost Raiders

Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default 1st Bird Stats

Finally,

Here are the pics and stats for my first and hopefully not last bird this year.

Osceola
weight 15 lbs
beard 11"
r spur 1 3/16"
l spur 1 1/8"
Total score 60.125

Harvest Pic of Bird

Beard

R spur

L spur

Weight

Total Stats

Old 04-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok. Got us all updated.

As for me, came really close today, had a tom hang up at 60 yards and was almost able to put the sneak on him. Having a really frustrating season so far. Failed to fill my 3rd season tag so down to my 4th season tag. The weather has been terrible and the turkeys have just been whooping me. I just dont get it. This is the most trouble I've had in quite some time. I'm not gonna give up though.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird Timbrhuntr. I've been out a few times and had gobbles but nothing coming in. Can hunt evenings now so may try to get in some after work hunts. This is our last week. Keep at 'em everyone.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default 1st Ontario Tom

Got my first Ontario Tom yesterday. Not an upgrade but adds to the overall score.

22.2 lbs
1" and 7/8" spurs
9.5" beard
score 59.875

I have more pics if required.
Here is a pic of the bird.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

GJ Timbrhntr!!!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Today and tomorrow are all that's left of my season and we have thunderstorms.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Typical Buck

I've been browsing all the birds harvested by Team 11, some good birds and congratulation to those that harvested them and good luck to those of you that haven't yet.

Our season ended today, mine personally ended about 3 weeks ago with my 3rd bird. I've been having withdrawal pains since.

I didn't enter the stats on one bird because of several reasons and I didn't have a tape measure, scale, or good batteries in my camera and the fact I gave him to a friend.

I was proud to be fortunate enough to have another good year but dissappointed with myself for making several major/amaturist mistakes this year. If I hadn't make so many mistakes I would have limited out the 1st 3 weeks of our season, but when I look back at it, those mistakes made it possible to hunt longer.

Good Luck,
dog1
Old 05-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a good season dog1 ,too bad its over. I got to hunt in Georgia this year but unfortunately couldn't get a bird. It was fun seeing new country and making new friends though. I was lucky enough to get an Osceola and hunt Florida which was fun. But it ain't over for me just yet I still have a hunt in Michigan planned in a week or so and Ontario doesn't close until May 31 and I am still working a couple here. Again congrats on your season.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our season ended with lots of the thunderclouds but none of the thunderchickens. Hunted Friday evening and Saturday morning and saw and heard nothing. When it started raining again in the evening Saturday I took down my blind and called it a season. In one area I hunt with lots of fields these kind of days are great for sneaking from field to field to find birds that tend to go out in the fields during rain. But where I was at this weekend I was limited on hunting area and couldn't roam.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that you season is over Talondale. I know I will be bummed when ours ends on the 31st. At least you gave it a good go and thats all you can do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.