Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Community

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Kentucky's season opens tommorw, thunder storms tonight and high winds 20 to 30 mph tommorw with some rain. Rain suite and blinds ready. I will get home from work by 4 am and in he woods by 5 pm. Was going to hunt the honey hole tommorw but if we get the rain they are calling for I will not be able to get to it. Planning on hunting one of our back up spots. Good Luck to all.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

hope you guys had some luck this morning! the double bearded tom and 2 other big toms are roosting behind my house again, i just hope they are still here opening morning. cant wait for season to get here, only 2 more weeks
Old 04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Thunder Chicken down, this bird and his friend started gobbling at 6:10 am. We where in his back yard and set up before day break thanks to 17 mph winds and rain him and his friend had no idea we where there. They came into the decoy to give me a nice 15 yard shot. 10 1/6th inch beard, spurs 1/2 each and weighted 18.4 lbs. Good luck and Good hunting to everyone.
Attached Thumbnails Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS-img_0160.jpg   Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS-img_0162.jpg   Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS-img_0163.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

love the team name haha. congrats on the bird rj. gl you guys
Old 04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats RJP on your bird. Your score is 48.45. I have submitted the score for our team. Now go get another one. Guys, I have had to put turkey hunting on hold this past week. My Dad passed away Monday, so hunting took a back seat. I did not send the stickers this past week, but will send them next week to those who have sent me their address. I'm not going to dwell on my Dads passing, so I'll be getting back in the woods tomorrow. My LA. season ends tomorrow. I'll be going back to Texas next week to hunt for three or four days, so hopefully I can bring home a couple more Rios. Is anyone hunting now besides RJP and myself? Good luck to all.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

sorry to hear about your loss superstrutter. I hope you can get out there and get a few birds for him in these next couple days.

congrats on your bird RJP! any tom with the bow is an accomplishment.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Fork Horn

congrats rjp on your bird thats great. hey super i am real sorry for your loss and im sure its not easy. me and my familys prayers are with you. my season opens tomm and man im excited the birds seem to be splitting up some now but there are still alot of birds. im going out in a few to go listen and pinpoint them walkin turkey nuggets. good luck to everyone else thats hunting.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Monday I went out and saw atleast 15 turkeys. I had a couple hens right by my decoys and some jakes came in also. When it came time to roost all of those turkeys came straight for me. We had our blind set up along side a crick that is filled with awesome turkey roosting trees. All those turkeys flew right over the top of me and into the trees directly above me. It sucked trying to get out of there. We ended up scaring most of them away just trying to get out of there. There was one big tom in the tree. He flew up from behind us so we never saw him until he was in the tree all fanned out. But after seeing all of those turkeys I was pumped. First day of turkey season and im seeing a ton of turkeys! I went out the next day.. and didn't see a single turkey.. I saw about 20 deer and there was a couple geese that came into the field and stayed there for about 2 hours.. It was annoying. I went back out the next day and heard something flapping their wings behind me so im like alright turkeys coming in already.. Then I heard that annoying geese honk and I was getting frustrated.. Those geese maid a nest down in the crick and every animal that comes into the field they try and chase off. I watched them scare off 5 deer.. They would chase them until they would leave. I watched them fight off atlest 6 other paired geese, a couple turkeys that I heard clucking but never saw. They were in the tall grass and I could hear them until those geese chased after them. Now came the weekend which I was soo pumped for but the weather changed that.. WINDY and RAIN!!! and cold!! So I didn't even go out friday or saturday. Today, Sunday, was suppose to be nice so I set my alarm for 5:10... Well at 5:36 I woke up.... Odd how that works? Running SUPER late I got all my stuff together as fast as I could and high tailed it out to the farm to pick up my dad. We got in the blind about 6:10. Way to late. I was hoping for 5:30-5:45. But anyway, we were in the blind and heard a couple toms gobbling way off in the distance and then I heard some clucking and purring behind me in the crick and off to the east of us. And I kept listening and it didn't sound like a live turkey.. We started to think there was some trespassers... Well we were right.. We saw someone get up off the ground about 500 yards away from us and walk back to their truck.. And then we heard someone behind us walk accross the crick and through the timber. We were mad but it wasn't our ground either.. we asked permission but we weren't sure if they had or not. We got out and got in our truck and drove by them. My dad knew who they were and they weren't suppose to be on that land. We're not gonna do much about it but we will tell the land owner next time we are out there.

Sorry about the long read.. I haven't been on in awhile and I had soo much to catch up on..
Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

well went out today and me and my buddie had missed opps 3 times. birds came in last 150yds silent and popped up where we were not expecting them to be. well weather is going to get crappy next few days so ill get out when when i can
Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Superstrutter, sorry about your loss. My sympathies to you and your family. My season starts next Wednesday, so I'm still not so patiently waiting. Congrats on the bird RJP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.