Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

IA Jaybird, is your buddy from Florida a taxidermist? I seen him post this bird on a taxidermy forum I frequent. I seen the pics Mike posted and thought 'small world'...haha
Old 03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zubba
IA Jaybird, is your buddy from Florida a taxidermist? I seen him post this bird on a taxidermy forum I frequent. I seen the pics Mike posted and thought 'small world'...haha
If his name is Mike Camsdale, who goes by TS on a lot of forums, same guy. He'll be scouting with us Thursday, before he heads out Friday to hunt another area. I'm actually being guided by his best friend Doug Updike (Gobbler D), whom I'm staying with. Doug is now in Texas hunting where he's laid down a couple of Rios, and he heads back to pick me up at the airport Wednesday night. I'm on the phone with Mike every other night or chatting with him on his Site, Wild Turkey Time. They are both great guys, and I'm happy to have them as friends.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:33 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Checked out a couple of my spots today and stuck up a couple trail cams. First spot had absolutely no sign, kinda expected that with all the snow still. Second spot actually had some tracks! I know it don't sound like much but from what i've seen so far it was a pretty good feeling to see them. I'll go check that cam Sunday and hopefully have some good news on it. Good luck to Iowa Jaybird and Mudchicken, They should have us on the board this weekend!!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j76
Checked out a couple of my spots today and stuck up a couple trail cams. First spot had absolutely no sign, kinda expected that with all the snow still. Second spot actually had some tracks! I know it don't sound like much but from what i've seen so far it was a pretty good feeling to see them. I'll go check that cam Sunday and hopefully have some good news on it. Good luck to Iowa Jaybird and Mudchicken, They should have us on the board this weekend!!
I hope so. Good land, good guides, good Turkeys. It sure will get my long season started with a bang. See you guys Monday with the news. I have phone numbers for my team, so if you want to see how I did before Monday, you know where to look.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Iowa and mud! I'll be out again this weekend also. j76, I'm a trail cam addict so I want to see some pics. I'll be putting a couple or maybe all 6 of my cams out this weekend also. Been killing me having them in the cupboard but I hate having them out in the Nebraska winters. Especially when I can't check them often. All I know is we need to get some scores up here. And I need to be 1 of them. Keep posting guys!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If his name is Mike Camsdale
Yep, he goes by MikeC on the taxidermy forum. Same guy. Whoda thunk...

Good luck boys.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Just went for a drive just befor sundown, Bet i seen over 200 deer in the feilds......not one turkey!!!!!! Snow is goin fast, sure hope the birds start appearin soon!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will be there j. If not then shoot one of those deer, tar and feather it and lets try to sneak that by the judges
Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I havn't been on in a while. Work has got me swamped, they got us mandatoried for overtime...yay.. Lucky for me I'm already set to the vacation time. I should still get a couple weeks to chase em around.

Good luck this weekend...
Old 03-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see ya back kelly. 1st thing is don't complain about overtime. In this day and age you should feel excited about it. Sucks that it may be during turkey season though. Check in when you can. We will keep it goin for ya.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.