Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Shooting Slugs (help im hunting tommorow!) >

Shooting Slugs (help im hunting tommorow!)

Community

Shooting Slugs (help im hunting tommorow!)

Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shooting Slugs (help im hunting tommorow!)

i have a mossberg 20 gauge 500 and i do not like to use my rifled barrel just because you have to spend so much money finding out wich sabots work best. plus i have a .270 and i only need slugs for one county. I use my smooth bore gun with remington rifled slugs. i know they are only good out to about 50 yards. when i was shooting 2 years ago with them i was hitting a lung sized target at 30 yards. I was kinda hitting all over the place in that size tho. i have really advanced my marksman skills skince then and i think i was a bit afraid of the recoil. Im not trying to blow my own horn but just so you guys dont think its me i have hit quarters out past 100 yards with my .270 now so i know i have improved alot. do you think i was just yankin the trigger and not concentrating? that was my first time shooting slugs but previously i have shot my dads 7mm rem mag. do you think its me or the gun? if you think its the gun i will just swap it out for one of my dads extra shot guns i guess if we have ammo. im not looking to take shots past 40 with a bead any way and the woods wont allow it just to thick. thanks!!!!