2ND. Season In The Books

Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile 2ND. Season In The Books

It was a very challenging season this year with the heat and a bunch of very smart Bucks living to get bigger another year. The Rut seemed to be on and then off again in our area with little activity in my hunting areas. The biggest Buck I saw was an 8 pointer with a nice wide body,he stayed hidden 70 yards out which left me with no shot I cared to take. The Does got smarter it seemed as the season progressed as well because I rarely ever saw them except very early or very late. The useual stray dogs ruined a couple of hunts for me but I guess thats hunting. 2 Does with the Bow and none with the ML I spent so much for and time getting sighted in,but there's always next near. I hope everyone got something and I know a few got the Buck of their dreams,the rest of us will move on to dreaming about this years great hunts. Turkey on the brain next,already planning where to set up in my new area for this year. Good Hunting to all still out there trying to get Mr. Wonderful in the bed of your truck or some sweet Doe meat in the freezer. Later
Old 01-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Spike

well at least you got meat for the frezzer and saw deer sounds like a good season i see your from so. indiana what area do you hunt?