Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by peakrut
Welcome to the team Zack and I sure hope you get a chance at him.

T
Me too! I passed up too many buck last year waiting on something like him. I think thhhis will be a good year (if he starts coming in during light again).
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Bartender

Hot Dang we have everyone checked in also including the alt #2 so lets roll!
Team Name idea's please and so far:
Team Pneumothorax, Team 8 Seconds to Live, Team Silent Strike, and Racked up.
Feel free to add some more names and this coming Friday we will vote if this will work.
T
Old 08-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Bartender

Default Wasting time

So the other day I take my Stealth Cam out and I forget the batteries. Today I head out to put those in and I forgot to put in the SD Card. Learn from me and make a check list thats my tip of the day lol

Hey Team also I have a few domain names I currently own and thought that all the deer we kill the pictures can be all in one place for our viewing pleasure. So if its ok when you post up your deer here in our team thread I will copy it and post it up on www.bow-deer.com Once we have a team name I will add that as the header if that is also ok.

T

Last edited by peakrut; 08-23-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Fork Horn

We went out to our 40 acre timber patch and worked our food plots over and planted them. We also check the camera. Had a small 7 or 8 pointer and some does. No bucks worth shooting. We haven't set up a camera at our 80 acre patch yet this year. We have a 1 acre food plot there and usually have a decent amount of bucks walking around in the area, maybe 1 or 2 noteable bucks. We'll see soon enough!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Well crenth, you have one thing in your favor... You are in Illinois! I am sure you have some shooters running around there somewhere.

Peak Rut, I am fine with any pics I post this year being uploaded to that website. Sounds good!

I spent yesterday mowing my clover plot (1/4 acre) and planting forage oats (1/2 acre) over the soybeans that been almost totally eaten already. I also have one acre of corn planted that is looking really good. The rest of the field (4 acres) has been left uncut to provide a place for rabbits, birds and the deer to feed and take cover in.
I pulled oneof my cams out of the swamp where there is very little going on and also pulled my ladder stand from last years spot. Not sure where I am going to put it this year, I also have a summit climber, 2 gorilla lock ons, 2 cheap lock ons where theft is more likely and a ground blind. Doing alot of scouting but not finding much besides where I have my plots.

Just curious to know more about the rest of my teammates... About me... I am 32, been hunting since I was 12, have taken a buck every year that I've hunted except last year. I am looking for a mature buck no smaller than mid 120's. I hunt private land mostly and spend alot of $ every year trying to improve the quality of the deer on my properties. I hunt in Ohio and Pa. The ohio season starts Sept.25th and the Pa season the weekend after. I make my own hours at work so I get to hunt alot typically 40 or more hours a week. I use my bow even during the rifle season. I am committed to doing everything possible in order to get us some points on the board. How about you guys?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

Put my vote in for Team Pneumothorax.
I also nominate Peak Rut for team captain if he doesn't mind.

Last edited by 4evrhtn; 08-23-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Vote for Team Name: Pneumothorax
Vote for Team Captain: peakrut

I'm cool with uploading our pics too.

My names Don. I'm 31 and I live in southwestern PA. I'll be hunting PA in numerous areas within 45 minutes of my home, and also hunting some land near Coshocton Ohio. Hopefully get a shot at another wall hanger this year. This is my fourth year in the contest. Arrowed a buck 2 out of 3 of those years. Blew my best shot last year when I didn't notice one of my blades on my Rage BH was open when I shot, resulting in a planed arrow. Missed my shot at a 130+...my guess is around 140 or so.

Can't wait for the season to get started. Who knows...may end seeing some of the same deer as 4evrhtn! I'm stoked our whole team has already checked in. This could be my first year with a whole team. Good luck all...and get those arrows flying asap to get the cobwebs off.

Don
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

My name is Jeremy, and I am a youth minister in Lawrence County Tennessee. It borders the county in Alabama that I grew up in. I will have hunting opportunities in both of those counties, as well as a few other counties in Tennessee. I am 26 and have been hunting small game since I was a wee tot, and deer for the past 8 years. This will only be my second year bowhunting. I was unable to arrow a buck last year, but did take a doe with my bow. I have been married to my wife, Katie, for 3 years. My job keeps me extremely busy, especially in the summer months, but it is very flexible which allows for a great deal of time in the woods. I hunt most of the days, other than Sundays throughout the season. I love the outdoors, my friends and my family. I am passionate about God. The place I feel closest to Him is in a treestand...therefore I spend as much time as I can in it!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

I'm Clayton from Southern Illinois. I'm 25 and I've been bowhunting since I was 14. My dad and I hunt an 80 acre patch that my aunt owns and after last season we bought a 40 acre patch. Both have promise of good opportunities. I arrowed my first bow buck in January 2009. 13 pointer on public land in the last 45 minutes of the season. It's always just my dad and I that hunt these 2 properties so there is minimal pressure. I got married October 2009 and my wife is a deer hunter also. She's going to be trying bow hunting in the near future also.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Good morning all, I am Mike from mid-missouri. 32 yrs young and hunting since around 10. This is only my 2nd yr with my bow. I have a couple of different properties that I mainly hunt. One 575 and the neighboring 312 acres. One other person bowhunts there but only a few times a month. We do have several that come out for the rifle season. I also have 50 acres at my house but normally don't hunt there. Last year for me was a success even though I didn't get an arrow into a deer. One real nice 8 that I used the wrong site pin and one doe that I misjudged the distance on pretty bad. Those were the only 2 I tried on.

Good luck all.
Only 21 days left!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.