Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 3

Old 10-05-2010, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job Christine! First hunt of the year can be a beeotch but it looks like it turned out great.
Huninlady, nice story.
The opener was a bit of a letdown for me. Of course it was great getting back in the woods again but all I had a shot at where small bucks. (Oh maybe I didn’t tell ya I don’t shoot 1 ½ old bucks anymore) I really was trying to shoot a doe but nothing came in close enough. The freezer is running low! I’ll be back out this weekend.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Christine-SWEET!!!!

Lady-Thanks for sharing the hunt-stories. Our opener isn't until the 16th and I'm dying to get out!!! They give us about 7 Doe tags out here so I will not be shy about filling my freezer! I had a similar Raccoon encounter...except mine was coming up the tree and snarling at me. Luckily he finally spooked bc I thought I was going to have to shoot my toe!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't sleep at night knowing we are 10 days away!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default Come on Saturday!

Originally Posted by Canuck33
I can't sleep at night knowing we are 10 days away!!!!!!
I noticed Team #21 is off to a great start and I can't even hunt yet!!!

AAAAAHHHHH! This is KILLING me! I'm jonesing hard!

Christine...See any bucks this weekend?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

4 days left Bud and we will be hitting it hardcore! 4 sleepless nights
Old 10-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

I've only been out one other time since opening morning. Too busy, too hot.

My plans on getting in some good private land hunting in Brown Co later this month is looking pretty grim. I just spent 1170.00 to get my truck repaired.... but the 'service engine soon' light is still coming on. ..sigh..

Oh well. I know there are decent bucks on the public ground. They're just a whole lot harder to come by.

Good luck everyone!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I haven't been out much either. Last year we were pressuring the deer to much so we are laying off a bit until Halloween.
I did see a shooter Friday night he’s only a 7pt but looks to be a four year old.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't like all these negative comments, lets get after them gang we have 3 days 17 hrs and 13 minutes left to legal shooting light and i can't wait
Old 10-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Hello to all out there just thought I would check in and see what was going down.

It has been hot as heck here as well it just got a little cooler yesterday so I thought i would head out. I did see my target BUCK!!! I had 5 bucks at about 20 yards but I could not get a shot off at the BIG guy!!! I could have shot the 125 class he came right to my call he stood at 12 yards broadside for about 5 min making a rub on the tree!!! I hope I did not make a mistake not shooting him!!! I did get a great show last night the bucks came in and I watched the big guy spar with the other bucks and I even got to watch him snortweese, lift that upper lip and start flemin then he started to pee right down his legs and rubbing them hocks!!!! GREAT NIGHT!!! Lots more to the story but I am making it short and sweet. I cant wait to get back out but I need the right wind for that stand so until then GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!! Looks as if it will be heating up in the woods...

Looks as if we will get a few more team members in the field REAL SOON!!! GO & GETTEM TEAM!!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

WOW Huntinlady sounds like you had an awesome hunt! I usually need to wait until November to get action like that.
Don’t worry about the 125 class you passed on. He’ll be a good one next year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.