HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   Official Team 1 "Rack Attack" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/327874-official-team-1-rack-attack.html)

shawneeslinger 10-07-2010 06:27 PM

Hey guys, I'm in Colombia, South America doing a little work...no hunting for me for another 2 weeks...but I was hopeful we'd have somebody up on the scoreboard already. Just checked, and the weather at home is warm and dry. I think we're going to have to have some rain and much cooler temps to get the deer doing much during daylight hours. Safe hunting.

youngfart 10-07-2010 07:14 PM

Hot Here Too
Shawn, must be nice to be down south ,are you frequenting the beaches at all? The tmp start to fall on Monday ,so the deer should start moving again,I haven't even bothered to attempt a sit in this warmth. Best of luck to those hunting.
Rocky

blakefrautschi 10-08-2010 06:28 PM

i feel its too warm out for anything to be moving much... so i'm going duck hunting again... they probably wont be flying much either... but what ever we'll see what i can get.

finner 10-11-2010 05:12 PM

It was too warm here this past weekend also, i went grouse hunting instead. Was cooler today and stunk out for a couple hours after work. Seen 2 doe and that was it. good luck guys!

blakefrautschi 10-11-2010 05:26 PM

this last weekend i got 4 woodies.. 3 personally, friend got one... unfortunately we lost 3 others, they dove on us before we could get another shot..(if you duck hun you know what i'm talking about)

we should have got our limit, but we couldn't shoot for sh!+ that day.

i'll throw pictures up as soon as i download them

youngfart 10-11-2010 08:45 PM

Went Out Last Night
Well I sat in a funnel last night that I have sat only once before and got on stand by 5:30. AT 6 I tickled the antlers and before I could get the antlers hung up I had deer approaching from the south from the bedding area. The leaves are all down and man were they crunchy.
The winds were out of the North and I was sitting about 18 yards from my TC which is directly across from my stand and a little west. There were coming out of the wood work, LOL and all mature does with no fawns. The last one was a 200 pounder. I thought I would shoot one for sure ,but they had me glued to my tree with bow in hand.
I was stuck in the same position for an hour,it's difficult to move when you have 7 pairs of eyes set in your direction. Then I heard the sound of a tending grunt of a buck in rut. I thought I was hearing things and then he came a running with his tounge hanging out of his mouth and he grunted every time he took a step.
He approached every doe that he could catch up with and tried mounting a few till he came up to the big girl. She turned and drew up on her hind legs and proceeded to give him a beating. I'm sure he doesn't want to have again. It sounded like she was playing the drums on his back,it was that loud ,with each hoof hitting his spine he went down and scrambled to his feet and took off for the fields.
They all headed out to the fields after that which is a mere 50 yards from the funnel. Then I could hear the sound of crunching leaves again to the west of me ,from the stand of spruce. Out came a cow moose and started my way,she needed to hurry it up as it was last light,she stopped and ate for a few minutes and proceeded out to the field also.
All in all it was my best night on stand this season even though I didn't get to draw my bow. Lot's of excitement,that's what we as bowhunters crave and look oh so forward too onstand:sheep:
Well I need to winterize my 5th wheel and get my yard in shape for the winter. Hopefully I can sneak out a couple times for an evening hunt this week. Be safe and have fun guys ,if it's not fun or enjoyable it's not bowhunting. God Bless.
Rocky

blakefrautschi 10-12-2010 12:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
There's a few of the wood ducks we shot last weekend... not the best picture, 3 drakes, 1 hen

and then theres the second buck that i shot last year during bow season, i don't remember the exact score.. but he's up on my wall.. around 140inches

and i was just sent this picture of a BEAST buck that showed up on one of my good friends trail cams, i figured you guys would like to see the hog!

youngfart 10-12-2010 05:49 PM

Blake
That's a nice 140ish 4x4 with good mass and the big boy would score in the 180's I think. Tough from a picture to score. Just a young fella huh! Blake 21 if your lucky !!! LOL j/k Good to see you have friends that will hunt with you,they will be friends for life and these pictures are something 20 years down the road you can look back on and do some ribbing to one another. Good luck to your friend with the buck on the TC. Let me know if he tags him please.
Rocky

blakefrautschi 10-12-2010 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by youngfart (Post 3701180)
Blake
That's a nice 140ish 4x4 with good mass and the big boy would score in the 180's I think. Tough from a picture to score. Just a young fella huh! Blake 21 if your lucky !!! LOL j/k Good to see you have friends that will hunt with you,they will be friends for life and these pictures are something 20 years down the road you can look back on and do some ribbing to one another. Good luck to your friend with the buck on the TC. Let me know if he tags him please.
Rocky

17 years young, but don't be fooled.. i know my way around the blind! haha, but thats my biggest buck to date, 19.5 inside spread, 12inch G2's it'll be a good one to beat this year!

I was thinking the same thing about the 180inch guess.. just by looking at the buck's ears compared to the G2's and G3's

youngfart 10-14-2010 03:33 PM

Frustrated
Can't get out at all this weekend due to my buddies retiremnt party tomorrow and my mother in laws 75 bday celebration. Will get out asap though, good luck this weekend .
Rocky

blakefrautschi 10-15-2010 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by youngfart (Post 3702462)
Frustrated
Can't get out at all this weekend due to my buddies retiremnt party tomorrow and my mother in laws 75 bday celebration. Will get out asap though, good luck this weekend .
Rocky

I wont be out this weekend either... stupid early doe gun hunt.... i should be back out in a tree... a NEW TREE!... next weekend, i have a real good feeling about this spot, right between food and bedding/water

lumpie 10-17-2010 06:08 AM

this weekend was opening day of pheasant for us, so i took the dog out awhile. i think later this week im gonna make it out for my first sit, i cant wait!

blakefrautschi 10-17-2010 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
went out duck hunting 2 times again this weekend, didn't have time for deer, got 4 wood ducks

Originally Posted by lumpie (Post 3703767)
this weekend was opening day of pheasant for us, so i took the dog out awhile. i think later this week im gonna make it out for my first sit, i cant wait!

How'd you do pheasant hunting? good luck deer hunting this week also!

shawneeslinger 10-18-2010 04:01 PM

Back in the States. Hopefully I will be able to get out sometime this week. Looks like a big weekend of rain is headed our way!!! I will gladly sit in the house and look out the windows if we could get some of the wet stuff. Good luck.

finner 10-18-2010 04:33 PM

Beautiful duck blake! ive only duck hunted a couple of times but had a blast, used to goose hunt alot also.

I didn't get out this weekend guys was sick with a heck of a cold. This week ill get out try my luck again. cooler weather is here again finally.

youngfart 10-18-2010 05:57 PM

" />
Hope this video turns out,we'll see ,keeping my fingers crossed,LMAO this was last SUnday night when I had 7 does ,a 5x3 buck and a cow moose right in front of me and couldn't loose an arrow, go figure,that's bowhunting guys.
Rocky:bash:

lumpie 10-19-2010 06:30 AM

we shot a few pheasants, had a great time, this weekend is duck opener. thats a awesome looking duck blake!

blakefrautschi 10-19-2010 06:40 PM

thanks guys! i'll be sitting all weekend waiting for that big buck to come by, if it doesn;t happen this weekend i'll be back at it next wed. till sunday!

youngfart 10-23-2010 01:16 PM

Well
I let a nice 130 chocolate 4x5 walk by and feed for an hour this am at 9:15. I drew and said no, I liked the chocolate colour but still not good enough this early. In 2 weeks I'll let the arrow fly at him,LOL>. Also had 8 does come by ,but all during the dark of am. Like 7:20 got lite out at 8:03.
Was a great morning and I put in some mock scrapes for Will when he gets here and that'll be it for that stand till he sit's in it.:bash:. I'll be back in the saddle in about 1 hour and 20 minutes, LMAO> I tried sitting for the whole day ,but didn't make it. LAsted till 1:30 from 6:30 am. Getting my toush fit for the all day sit's when the rut comes:lolabove:.Be safe and don't forget your safety belt. God Bless.
Rocky
I'll let you know how I do tonight.

youngfart 10-24-2010 12:04 PM

Last Night
Was a bust as I brought my friend along so we could see another stand location I picked and set up. He had a bull moose close but not close enough for a shot, I saw nothing,had snow for an hour this morning as I slept in. Heading out for an evening sit back where there's 2 good bucks walking tonight. Bringing my friend again so we have a better chance at loosing an arrow if the chance permits. Hunt safe and shoot straight team.
Rock:cool2:

blakefrautschi 10-25-2010 01:11 PM

heavy rain this weekend for me, sat in the rain saturday morning and night, only saw 1 doe on saturday, so i said why not shoot some ducks sunday in the rain... i'll be back at it next weekend, shouldnt be long until the bucks start moving.

huntinboy1122 10-27-2010 03:08 PM

Been out a few times his year and have not seen much to talk about so far hopefully some colder weather will get things going

hammerman 10-28-2010 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buck Down! I'll give the story later.

lumpie 10-28-2010 05:19 PM

nice job, way to put the hammer down hammerman!! we are on the board now!

youngfart 10-28-2010 08:33 PM

Hammerman
Awesome buck buddy,look's to be in the mid 140's, can't wait to hear the story, great picture and the background is gorgeous ,great job Bud.:hail:
Rocky

youngfart 10-28-2010 08:59 PM

Wow
Looks are deceiving Hammerman!!! 119 6/8's, in the photo on here he looks to have good mass, I couldn't get the picture to come up on the other site, still congrats to you bud.
Rocky:guiness:

shawneeslinger 10-29-2010 06:05 AM

Way to go! Love the backdrop too.

finner 10-29-2010 06:11 AM

Who hoo we are on the board!! Way to go hammerman, He looks like a older deer, nice mass on him too. Great pic too, congrats on a great buck!!

Well the weather is finally getting better here, we had a huge wind and rain storm come thru here that lasted for 3 days, lots of trees down and power outages across the area. Ill be getting back out this weekend, getting to the time now where bucks should be on there feet all day. Going to try and hunt a scrape line this weekend and try a little rattling also. Good luck Team!

_zink_ 10-31-2010 04:39 AM

Im Back

Hey guys im back
im in the woods evry sat.
we really need an icon so im gona make one. hopefully itl be done by today

_zink_ 10-31-2010 07:32 AM

icon done

the icons done
ill pm u as soon as possible

lumpie 10-31-2010 02:15 PM

well team, this am was my first sit, and i got it done. shot him at 1030, and waited till 330 to recover him. i havent shot a buck in 12 years so i decided to take this one as he looked to be a fighter. he busted off his g1 and g2 i believe. he wont win any contests, but im proud of him!! ill get him scored and pics posted in a few days, im off to pa in the am to hunt birds! good luck to everyone!

ps, i always wanted to shoot one on halloween day, so that was another factor. i all ready took the rest of the month off, so im gonna be kinda bored!!

youngfart 10-31-2010 03:49 PM

Lumpie
Congrats on a feat well done, I passed on a little 120 buck last nite , I rattled him in at 6pm and actually got caught of guard with out noticing him till he was 20 yards away. I drew and let off, man the pre rut isin't even here yet!!:sign0004: Awesome job Lumpie,can't wait to hear the story.
Rocky

blakefrautschi 10-31-2010 05:57 PM

Nice work Hammerman and Lumpie!!!
way to get it done!

hammerman, what river is that? thats a great picture!

and to report on my weekend of hunting... saw 4 or 5 deer the whole weekend.... biggest one was huge though... probably about 4 inches tall, spike... next weekend they've gotta start moving around here, seemed pretty slow this weekend thats forsure!

blakefrautschi 10-31-2010 05:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by lumpie (Post 3712480)

ps, i always wanted to shoot one on halloween day, so that was another factor. i all ready took the rest of the month off, so im gonna be kinda bored!!

Congrats!

I was hoping i would get it done also on halloween... I got a nice halloween buck last year, but not luck for the repeat

heres a picture of my halloween buck from last year

camokenny 11-01-2010 04:48 AM

Way to go guys. Our rut has not even started here yet. the small bucks are doing some chasing but the big boys are not active yet.

_zink_ 11-01-2010 12:26 PM

Deer are annoying!!!!

I was out huntin on saturday and i didn't see a thing but as soon as i drive out i see 4. Just my luck :bash:

hammerman 11-01-2010 04:50 PM

Score & pic is up in the score card thread.

_zink_ 11-02-2010 11:51 AM

nice hammerman
and a fantastic buck that i forgot to previously mention

shawneeslinger 11-02-2010 02:17 PM

Thanks for the avatar work. Its great.
Glad to see some deer are starting to fall for Team 1.
I did hunt yesterday, finally, and saw smaller bucks kicking up the action. I had a little basket 8 that was going nuts. He'd wander off and I'd hit the horns and he'd come right back. We did that 3 times, before he found something else to occupy his time. I lost count of the scrapes I found...they were everywhere, but not many big rubs. I'm guessing the big boys are still waiting. I did manage to get a few pics of a couple shooters on the cameras. I'll be on daddy duty the rest of the week, but next week I will start hitting the stand a little harder.
Good luck

youngfart 11-03-2010 08:29 PM

Shawn
Good luck on the daddy duty bud,LMAO ,bin there done that now it's Grandpa duty and that means weekend sleep overs. Enjoy them while you can,they grow up so fasttttt!! I'm sorta in the same
boat you are in,in not being able to hunt.
My next sit won't be till Remembrance Day:bash:.Then the rut should be going or close and then I'll sit all day Thursday,Saturday and Sunday, I better have some venison on the ground or I'll be ticked. Good luck folks and be safe.
Rocky