HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   Team "10" Most Wanted (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/327873-team-10-most-wanted.html)

Kreagerm 08-17-2010 03:37 PM

Team "10" Most Wanted

Hello Team 10!!!! Lets have a Roll Call of who we have, followed by a little about yourself. I'll just edit this post as each member checks in.

Matt

Team 10 all checked in!!!!

Team 10
142. Damon
6. jag-mag
186. berettaguy17
124. -DeerSlayer-
121. UFunny2
180. Trophy_Hunter_22
48. SouthDakotaHunter
5. Kreagerm
20. Antler Eater
148. bigsugar

Kreagerm 08-17-2010 03:41 PM

Hi Team my name is Matt, I hunt in Central Maryland. This is my third year in the competition. I'm usually in the woods about 2 days a week. My season starts Sept 15 and I can't wait.

BTW, I'm looking forward to winning this year!!!!!

Matt

trophy_Hunter_22 08-17-2010 05:57 PM

hey guys, Tim checkn in here. I live in north west arkansas, first year in the competition, just got a lease in kansas, and also hunt here in arkansas, and a place in Texas. I hope we can pull this thing off. Already got some big shooters on camera...

tim

Kreagerm 08-17-2010 06:37 PM

Welcome Tim, I look forward to seeing some of those trail cam pics. Hopefully we can make your first year your championship year :party0005:

As we get more folks in we'll work on a name and pick a captain.

trophy_Hunter_22 08-17-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Kreagerm (Post 3664747)
Welcome Tim, I look forward to seeing some of those trail cam pics. Hopefully we can make your first year your championship year :party0005:

As we get more folks in we'll work on a name and pick a captain.

here is some a couple of weeks ago

http://huntingnet.com/forum/trail-ca...-new-pics.html

berettaguy17 08-17-2010 07:26 PM

hey guys im morgan, i hunt central illinois and i will hopefully be able to get one on the board this year. Although i work a bunch i found time to get one last year and he is close to 170" I know it would be awesome for another monster of that caliber but i will take anything over 135" or 140" 2nd year in contest

SouthDakotaHunter 08-17-2010 07:28 PM

Howdy all!

My name is Jason, I'm from South Dakota. Contest is going to seem a little different this year for me :-), last 3 years been on the same team (Dark Horses) as we defended our crown... But obviously the team fell a little short last year and so get to meet a new group of hunters, so looking forward to that...

I LOVE to bowhunt - just can't wait for the season... Normally plan at least one out of state archery hunt per year, along with hunting my home state of course... This year I've got an archery elk tag for New Mexico (can't believe I'm leaving in just over 2 weeks) and then I'll be hunting Kansas for Whitetails this fall too - already got my room booked :-)

Hey Trophy, what unit you hunting in KS?

Damon 08-18-2010 05:14 AM

Damon checking in here, from N.E Wisconsin and glad to be part of Team 10! This is my first year of competition and I am stoked to be in it.
Lets put some bone on the ground and win this thing!!

UFunny2 08-18-2010 09:31 AM

Mark from Virginia checking in. Looking forward to another great bow season which starts October 2nd.

Kreagerm 08-18-2010 12:00 PM

Sounds like we are all ready to get this season started.

Outstanding bucks Tim :arms:

Morgan, We're ready for a repeat of last year :s3:

Jason, Counting on you to be our good luck charm!!!

Damon, We are stoked to have you on this team!!! We are going to make your first year, your championship year.

Hey Mark, You're in my neck of the woods, What part of VA do you hunt? Ever get up to MD?

Matt

trophy_Hunter_22 08-18-2010 02:21 PM

Jason .. ill will be in unit 11, right on the neosho...you?

jag-mag 08-18-2010 05:32 PM

Hey team 10 jag-mag checking in. Im Randy from western WI, 2nd year in the contest, shot one last year nothing big. Glad to be on this team and will give it my best to score again this year.
We need a captain and a name, any ideas?

jag-mag 08-18-2010 06:05 PM

K-germ gets my vote for captain if he would take it. Got a few names, Soul Takers, Bow Bumbs, Tree Hoppers, Heart Busters,
Moon Watchers, just some ideas

Kreagerm 08-18-2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by jag-mag (Post 3665388)
K-germ gets my vote for captain if he would take it. Got a few names, Soul Takers, Bow Bumbs, Tree Hoppers, Heart Busters,
Moon Watchers, just some ideas

Welcome to the team Randy. We have a great potential to put some serious bone on the ground.

I've been a captain for the past 2 years, if you all want me to be our captain again this year that would be great.

If everyone gives up some potential team names I'll get a post together with all the choices and we can start narrowing it down.

Matt

SouthDakotaHunter 08-18-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by trophy_Hunter_22 (Post 3665254)
Jason .. ill will be in unit 11, right on the neosho...you?

I'll be right next door in unit 14 (secondary unit of 9) :-)

You have your dates planned out? I just put in my official vacation request - taking the week of Nov 8th off....

As far as captain goes - Matt/KG if you want it, you have my vote....

UFunny2 08-19-2010 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kreagerm (Post 3665164)
Hey Mark, You're in my neck of the woods, What part of VA do you hunt? Ever get up to MD?

Matt, I live Southeast Virginia and hunt all over the state. Mostly in the mountains in Western Virginia. I was raised in Southern Maryland in Mechanicsville and La Plata, but lived all over the state while station in the Coast Guard. Hunted just about everywhere except Western Md. It's probably been 20 years since I've hunted the state.

Kreagerm 08-19-2010 09:34 AM

Hey guys I went a head and pm'd the remainder of our team so we should hear from them soon.

Mark, my brother usually makes a yearly treck to the mountains of WV, one day I'll have to join him.

Jason, I'm all for being the captain if everone agree.

Also if anyone has name ideas please let us know. Here are the ones we have so far.

1. Soul Takers
2. Bow Bumbs
3. Tree Hoppers
4. Heart Busters
5. Moon Watchers

We can also try to incorporate the "10" in the name, like top 10 list, 10 yard pin, 10 out of 10 ect...

SouthDakotaHunter 08-19-2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kreagerm (Post 3665707)
Hey guys I went a head and pm'd the remainder of our team so we should hear from them soon.

Mark, my brother usually makes a yearly treck to the mountains of WV, one day I'll have to join him.

Jason, I'm all for being the captain if everone agree.

Also if anyone has name ideas please let us know. Here are the ones we have so far.

1. Soul Takers
2. Bow Bumbs
3. Tree Hoppers
4. Heart Busters
5. Moon Watchers

We can also try to incorporate the "10" in the name, like top 10 list, 10 yard pin, 10 out of 10 ect...

I like #2 or #5 best.... Only suggestion for team name I can think of at the moment is: Red Mist

berettaguy17 08-19-2010 10:20 AM

I will suggest a few. The Bone Yard Brothers? if you want 10 in it this one would work the 10 point busters. or team trophy tens

-DeerSlayer- 08-19-2010 01:34 PM

DeerSlayer checkin in.
Hunt on private ground here in Pike County IL. Also have a small outfitting buisiness with my brother, feel free check out the website under this post. I have been hunting like a fool since age 13 and have taken some nice bucks over the years. a 170" 12 and a 160" 8 top my list of favorites. This is my 3rd or 4th yr competing. 1st year killed my 170" in 2005 and next year a 130" 8. The last 3 yrs I have been insanely selective when it comes to harvesting a buck. I have a strict management program and will settle for nothing less than satisfaction. I have been watching some glorious bucks over the past couple years so I am pumped for this season to say the least.Also, to add a fun element, my buddy and I film eachother all fall. Last year I filmed his kill of a 135" 8 that we had tons of cam pics of. I will be updating you guys frequently and the next messages won't be as long haha..
Team capt. can be Kreagerm seeing as he has taken most of the action, nice work.

-DeerSlayer- 08-19-2010 01:37 PM

Also team name suggestion.. Rut Nuts

trophy_Hunter_22 08-19-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter (Post 3665463)
I'll be right next door in unit 14 (secondary unit of 9) :-)

You have your dates planned out? I just put in my official vacation request - taking the week of Nov 8th off....

As far as captain goes - Matt/KG if you want it, you have my vote....

I have a couple of friends that hunt 14, its funny you say dates...we was just talking about that a hour ago, when to do it...we thought that same week, but there is no moon, and the full moon isnt the 20th, so we think it may be a late rut, but its just so hard to say. I am only 1:45 min away, so may hunt that weekend of the 6th, and that will be deciding factor.

i vote for matt captiano...

SouthDakotaHunter 08-19-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by trophy_Hunter_22 (Post 3665835)
I have a couple of friends that hunt 14, its funny you say dates...we was just talking about that a hour ago, when to do it...we thought that same week, but there is no moon, and the full moon isnt the 20th, so we think it may be a late rut, but its just so hard to say. I am only 1:45 min away, so may hunt that weekend of the 6th, and that will be deciding factor.

Yeah, picking dates is always interesting..... Where I work, Veterans day (Nov 11 this year) is a holiday, so taking the 2nd week of Nov off allows to me get a bonus day that week and take the whole week off with just using 4 days of vacation...

Also, over the years I'm actually starting to drift more along the lines of thinking that when the harvest\rutting moon occurs has minimal impact of when the actual rut occurs - but hey, you'll be lucky if a dollar and my theories buy you a cup of coffee...

DS - nice to have you on board... A 160" 4x is insane - he must have been a beast!

Kreagerm 08-19-2010 03:20 PM

Welcome DeerSlayer!!! Nice to have you on the team. Sounds like you have an outstanding management program goin on. We are looking forward to seeing what you put down this year. On Paper this team is looking better and better everyday. Can't wait to take a look at your website, I'm sure I'll be drooling.

I would be honored to be the team captain, thanks guys!!!

I'll get a new team name list together so we can start voting on that, also I can get busy on a team logo.

bigsugar 08-20-2010 03:55 AM

Hey guys sorry for the delay. I'll catch up on our thread tonight when I get off work. Got a couple of nice bucks located. I'll put some pics up tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty lucky I have a little over 5000 acres of private ground to sit on. It should be a good season. Hopefully for everyone.

UFunny2 08-20-2010 04:56 AM

As far as a team name goes, I think we should try to be original. Some of the suggestions I've seen so far have been used in prior years. Last year we chose a name that was used a few years ago and caught grief all season. Thinking out of the box here....Team TenOnTenForTenTens (how' that for incorporating tens Matt?).

bigsugar 08-20-2010 04:58 AM

Guys forgot to mention my name is Andy and I hunt in SE KS. I live on the Neosho/Allen county line so I'll be close to some of you. I killed a nice 8 last year. Just over 145.

SouthDakotaHunter 08-20-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by UFunny2 (Post 3666139)
As far as a team name goes, I think we should try to be original. Some of the suggestions I've seen so far have been used in prior years. Last year we chose a name that was used a few years ago and caught grief all season. Thinking out of the box here....Team TenOnTenForTenTens (how' that for incorporating tens Matt?).

That's a good point - trying to find a team name that's somewhat original...

Here's another play off your suggestion - ha ha... Ten for Ten for Ten

Welcome Andy! Hopefully our team ends up with a bunch of KS bucks scored this year.... :biggrin:

Like what I'm seeing so far - sounds like everyone is an accomplished hunter to some extent....

I know we are a ways out from the long all day sits of Novemember but does anyone else text while hunting? Last year was the 1st year texting on the stand for me and it really made those long sits go by faster touching base with other people also sitting out in the stand... If you do, shoot me a PM and let's exchange digits...

Kreagerm 08-20-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by bigsugar (Post 3666142)
Guys forgot to mention my name is Andy and I hunt in SE KS. I live on the Neosho/Allen county line so I'll be close to some of you. I killed a nice 8 last year. Just over 145.

Welcome Andy!!!! Sounds like you have one hell of an area to hunt. Glad to have you on board.

Matt

Kreagerm 08-20-2010 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaHunter (Post 3666270)
That's a good point - trying to find a team name that's somewhat original...

Here's another play off your suggestion - ha ha... Ten for Ten for Ten

Welcome Andy! Hopefully our team ends up with a bunch of KS bucks scored this year.... :biggrin:

Like what I'm seeing so far - sounds like everyone is an accomplished hunter to some extent....

I know we are a ways out from the long all day sits of Novemember but does anyone else text while hunting? Last year was the 1st year texting on the stand for me and it really made those long sits go by faster touching base with other people also sitting out in the stand... If you do, shoot me a PM and let's exchange digits...

I also text while I hunt. I usually hunt on the weekends with my brother (who is on team 19, so we have to beat them) and we always let each other know what's happening while we are in the stand. Even though I live pretty far away from you I'll surely give you my info, if you're interested?

I'm stoked about this years team. So far we have all but one member left to sign in, hopefully we hear from him soon.

I agree We should stick to an original name and if we can add the ten to the title that would be cool, but if not, that's ok too.

Kreagerm 08-20-2010 09:43 AM

DeerSlayer you have a great looking outfit. That buck that Zach Dodd shot was a monster. Looking for good things out of you this year :s4:

SouthDakotaHunter 08-20-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Kreagerm (Post 3666308)
I also text while I hunt. I usually hunt on the weekends with my brother (who is on team 19, so we have to beat them) and we always let each other know what's happening while we are in the stand. Even though I live pretty far away from you I'll surely give you my info, if you're interested?

You bet... PM sent with my contact info....

Antler Eater 08-20-2010 11:18 AM

Old AE checking in and reporting for duty. Hopefully this year we will have 10 times the fun we had last year.

I will be leaving for my annual elk hunt in a little under a week so you won't hear much from me for about a month.

Sounds like this team has a real shot at a title, all experienced with some real "pigs" taken down in the past...that is great. Perhaps we can be the first to go ten for ten in the kill department. Hope so.

See you all down the road.

-DeerSlayer- 08-20-2010 01:21 PM

If anyone cares for my number go ahead and shoot me a pm and I can get it out to whoever. I'm always down for some good hunting texts.

Kreagerm 08-20-2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Antler Eater (Post 3666361)
Old AE checking in and reporting for duty. Hopefully this year we will have 10 times the fun we had last year.

I will be leaving for my annual elk hunt in a little under a week so you won't hear much from me for about a month.

Sounds like this team has a real shot at a title, all experienced with some real "pigs" taken down in the past...that is great. Perhaps we can be the first to go ten for ten in the kill department. Hope so.

Welcome AE!!!!! Good Luck on your Elk hunt. Please bring back lots of pics and looking forward to some great stories. Talk to you when you get back.

I agree, it sounds we have a great team on paper.

Matt

Kreagerm 08-20-2010 07:20 PM

It's official Team Ten is all checked in and ready to start this thing up.

Next step is the team name.

SouthDakotaHunter 08-20-2010 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Antler Eater (Post 3666361)

Glad to have you on board AE! Hopefully you'll get one of those hogs your known for!!

Where you going elk hunting?

bigsugar 08-21-2010 06:53 AM

Here is my buck from last year. Pretty nice mature 8.

I'm after this deer this year. He's a big fella. Lives about a mile from the house too.

Kreagerm 08-21-2010 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by bigsugar (Post 3666776)
Here is my buck from last year. Pretty nice mature 8.

I'm after this deer this year. He's a big fella. Lives about a mile from the house too.

That's a very nice 8 pointer. Another one like that this year and we will be looking good.

Best of luck sticking that buck on the trail cam.

SouthDakotaHunter 08-21-2010 02:43 PM

Great looking buck Andy!!