Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 16 - Rack Addicts

Old 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Good to see that we got 6 of the 10 checked in.. I normally just take random vacation days off throughout bow season and hunt every weekend, so it's not nearly as much as I'd like but it'll have to do.. Plus I take off the whole week of Thanksgiving off, but that's also the opening of Rifle season in WV, normally I only rifle hunt a few days before I switch back to bow though.. I got my pics loaded, but I'll wait till we get everyone checked in before I post.. Any thoughts on team names and anybody done the captain gig and wanna do it again?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

W9ARcher checking in from Wisconsin. Gerry here and glad to be on this great team. I hunt in NW Wisconsin and have two weeks of vacation saved up for the fall hunting season. I've got a dozen trail cameras out and have a very nice 14 pointer I'm going to target this fall. Picts will come soon as I get my Windows 7 upgraded computer fully functional again.

Just realized I was on team 16 last year in the Gun contest. Hope my luck continues as we placed 4th last year. Should have been 3rd but I forgot to register my doe on top of the 9-pointer I contributed.

Looks like we have a very active bunch of folks on this team so this is going to be a great place to hang out.

Team 16
53. ManOfTheFall
140. JeramyK
145. bghunter00
198. razor6570
139. Fingerz42
156. JNM86WVU
174. HuntingBry
117. W9ARcher
136. djs06dc5
165. zmax hunter

Last edited by W9ARcher; 08-18-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've done captain before but I simply wont have the time to do it this year. It really isnt a big load of responsibility. Anyone that visits the forum regulary can do it. I vote JNM since I see you are active on the boards..
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like most of us are from the midwest so far. Maybe we can have a name that has something to do with the midwest. Here are a couple names I thought of. The Midwest Monarchs, The Stick String Assassins. Just throwing a couple names out there. JNM would be fine with me.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to meet you all. As far as a name it does not matter to me. Who ever would like to be captain that is fine by me also. I have a very busy schedule for the next month. My girls are showing in three big horse shows and I will be busy with them but I have been shooting at least twice a week. Some of you guys are seeing some true monsters. I have been seeing some nice bucks but nothing huge.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody else have any names to throw out there?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'll gladly be the captain, just wasn't sure if it was ok to do so being my first year, but you guys say it's pretty easy so I think I can handle it.. hahaha.. You did bring up a good point Shawn, location. We have 3 from PA, 1 in OH, 1 in Indy, 1 in Wisc., and myself in WV.. Not a bad group of states for some nice Whitetails.. I think I'm the one sitting in the state with the smallest average rack actually..

As far as team names I thought of two that I have heard anyone use before (I think): Rack Addicts (My personal favorite) and Slip String Snipers..

But so far we have:
1. Stick-N-String Assassins (Changing it a lil bit hope that's ok, if not let me know)
2. Midwest Monarchs
3. Rack Addicts
4. Slip String Snipers

I figure I'll leave the ideas open through the weekend then we can vote on it or you can start now if you want, I don't really care.. Plus I'll PM the ones who haven't checked in yet this weekend, so we can get an inside track on some alternates if need be..

Thanks, Justin
Old 08-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default My Target

Since I was here I figure I would go ahead and post a few pictures..

The Big Boy.. We call him LBM (Little Brow Mongo), he had a brother named Big Brow (a visibly larger deer in body and antler size) who was harvested last year. Couldn't imagine what he'd have been this year..

Here are some other nice one, more indicative of what is normally on my property..

Last edited by JNM86WVU; 08-19-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I accept JNM as captain. Anyone else want to be captain, or are we giving it to JNM.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics. I have yet to get on one more property I have permission to hunt on. It is a rural/ suburbish type area. Lots of deer with little if any hunting at all because of the close proximity to homes. It is a very ritzy area but my wife's aunt and uncle live in this place and they are tired of all the deer destroying their stuff. They finally gave me permission after several years of bugging them. Should be an interesting place. I know i can take at least a few doe's out of there and they told me they have seen a couple giant bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.