HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/326634-returning-champions-team-xxiv-bone-mafia.html)

my7pointmonster 07-27-2010 09:11 PM

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

2 Attachment(s)
Whats up boys, 7 of us have checked back in. Lets see if this gets the rest of our teams attention. Anyone got any trail cam pics yet? I bet Dliz does. Got my new bow call her the black death.

Lets hear from you guys.

Ryan.

Attachment 10687

Attachment 10688

KCMO Cityboy 07-28-2010 09:19 AM

Back and ready for action! I've been busy preparing for my big elk hunt in September. I'm sure you'll be hearing more about it both before and after the trip.
What's up guys?
I'm predicting another victory for our team this year - and I haven't even seen the other teams yet. I'm sure that Field Mouse will be on another losing team and will start whinning again...

KCMO Cityboy 07-28-2010 09:22 AM

Ryan,
BTW - that's a really nice looking bow. I think a big buck is really going to hate it in the coming months.

my7pointmonster 07-28-2010 09:24 AM

haha I sent you that PM before i even looked over here hahaha. Good to hear from you you got any trail cams out?

Ryan.

rybohunter 07-29-2010 04:51 PM

Hi guys its been a busy summer. I have an elk trip to take care of before my thoughts turn too much to deer. It's going to be a tough fall to find time, but we'll see how it goes.

MOhunter46 07-29-2010 05:35 PM

Hey fellas, how have you all been? Just started putting the trail cams out so i havent got a lot of action but heres the best deer ive gotton so far.

He's not the biggest but he'd get an arrow in him if he walked by me.

Edit:Sorry those turned out so big

reds10ss 07-29-2010 06:21 PM

what up fellas!!!!! feels good to be back on the wagon..glad to see u guys on here again..wayne that buck could ride in the back of my truck any day brother

jag-mag 07-29-2010 08:13 PM

Will see you boys in the trenches this year, hunt hard and carry a big stick. Nice job knocking off the dark horeses last year.you do know we all be gunning for ya. good luck.:action-smiley-099:

my7pointmonster 07-29-2010 09:13 PM

So Wayne, you putting me a stand or a groundblind in bud? Hahaha. That's a shooter in my book buddy. If you guys have dave's address then pm it too me. I sold my trailcam so I won't be throwing any pics up.

Ryan.

Fieldmouse 07-30-2010 03:22 AM

Yeah, I think everyone should print out a bigger BM avatar and use it for target practice.

my7pointmonster 07-30-2010 07:46 AM

i wondered when we would hear from you.

Ryan

Fieldmouse 07-31-2010 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3655612)
i wondered when we would hear from you.

Ryan

Oh, I'm around. This may be my last year of bow hunting for awhile. I may hang up the bow for a few years. I'm in the contest and have a line on some property in IL that I'm trying to line up a hunt or two. However, I would never pass up a chance to do a little smack talking. Good luck this year. I hope you kill the big wall hanger.

my7pointmonster 07-31-2010 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brother I'm way ahead of you. ;)

Attachment 10786

scores 238 3/8. Posted a story about it.

(on a serious note though, I love talking smack as much as the next guy but when the time comes I'd love to see everyone kill a wall hanger, and be happy with what they kill. Doesn't matter to me one bit if I kill one but it sure does look nice)

Ryan.

Originally Posted by Fieldmouse (Post 3656314)
Oh, I'm around. This may be my last year of bow hunting for awhile. I may hang up the bow for a few years. I'm in the contest and have a line on some property in IL that I'm trying to line up a hunt or two. However, I would never pass up a chance to do a little smack talking. Good luck this year. I hope you kill the big wall hanger.

KCMO Cityboy 08-02-2010 06:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,
Here are a few photo's of what's been showing up in my area. Hope they hang around for awhile and decide to take some walks while the sun is up. I scouted another area this weekend but just didn't see the activity that was typical about 4 years ago. I think the area floods too often so they have moved to another area which I'll scout the next time I'm out there (ran out of time yesterday). It's a real sweet area full of corn, soybeans and lots of cedar and some water. Just need to find some good trails.
Attachment 10812

Attachment 10813

Attachment 10814

my7pointmonster 08-02-2010 07:16 AM

Wow Clay, that first one is a slammer. Hopefully we can get these bucks on the ground this year. I already scored mine so you guys will just have to add on to my score ;)

Ryan.

MOhunter46 08-02-2010 02:49 PM

Ya Clay that first deer needs the air let out of him, hope you get him!

KCMO Cityboy 08-02-2010 07:20 PM

Yeah Wayne, that guy can pump himself up all he wants before the season starts. That 8 point you posted will turn out to be a great symmetrical rack when he's done. I'm sure we will get to see another picture of him later this season, right?

my7pointmonster 08-02-2010 08:50 PM

Well guys I got real good news earlier, Dave Pmed me he's still in it with us, that makes 8/10 of the originals. I'll be contacting the other 2 trying to hear from them Ryan.

MOhunter46 08-03-2010 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy (Post 3657300)
Yeah Wayne, that guy can pump himself up all he wants before the season starts. That 8 point you posted will turn out to be a great symmetrical rack when he's done. I'm sure we will get to see another picture of him later this season, right?

You betcha,with my bow layin across his belly. Ive been getting pics of that deer just about every other night or so and theres 2 other decent bucks ive been gettin pics of over that mineral lick, so they've got to be in that area somewhere. All three of them are on the hit list so ill be hunting that area pretty hard.

KCMO Cityboy 08-03-2010 02:13 PM

I'll start working on changing our logo. Think we will need to change the 2010 to 2011. :happy0157:

reds10ss 08-03-2010 03:49 PM

i will be checking my trailcams in about a couple weeks, hopefully to have some pics for u guys

pjhunts 08-03-2010 06:54 PM

Hey fellas. Do we need to sign up in the general sign up or are we already in. I've been watching a couple of real good ones down the road. One is a 10 probably around 170 not to sure about the other. One yet. Looks to be about the same size with more points. Haven't got them on camera yet though.

my7pointmonster 08-03-2010 08:37 PM

PJ, I'm taking care of everyone who is returning. I got you signed up your good to go, we need to hear from dabowhunter and boilerroom Thats it. heard from dave yesterday, I'm pumped guys september 15 cant come any sooner for me boys! Ryan.

Originally Posted by pjhunts (Post 3657835)
Hey fellas. Do we need to sign up in the general sign up or are we already in. I've been watching a couple of real good ones down the road. One is a 10 probably around 170 not to sure about the other. One yet. Looks to be about the same size with more points. Haven't got them on camera yet though.

dliz 08-04-2010 04:19 AM

Yo Guys,

Have a couple of nice ones on trail cameras. The biggest is propably in the 130's. Nothing huge but quite a few nice ones. Moved a couple of trail cameras, still looking in a couple different areas. I'll post a couple of pics in the next couple days. PJ sounds like you have some monsters in your area again. Clay, thats one nice buck!!!

Dave

rybohunter 08-05-2010 06:17 PM

Sounds like you guys are on track of some nice deer. another week or so I'll get some time to look around.

my7pointmonster 08-05-2010 07:20 PM

Good to hear from you rybo. How's the elk hunt prep going for ya?

Ryan.

dliz 08-07-2010 05:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yo guys,

Here are two nice bucks I've got on trail camera. Have a couple of other nice ones.

Dave

my7pointmonster 08-07-2010 08:01 AM

Wow dave. Those are some real Good ones. That second one is a real stud for sure. I hope you can connect with them.

Ryan

MOhunter46 08-07-2010 11:03 AM

Damn Dave ya got some studs there, hope ya kill one. I pullled the card on one of my cams this morning and got some good pics, nothing like Dave's deer but still some good ones.

Im sorry guys but if that goffy deer in the first pic comes out his getting shot. I know he wouldnt score very much for the contest up his just so weird looking I dont think i could pass his up.

my7pointmonster 08-07-2010 11:55 AM

call that 2nd one the high and tight.

Ryan.

dabowhunter 08-08-2010 06:59 AM

Hey Guys,

I got a few nice ones on my property. No out of state hunts planned for this year yet. Anyone interested in doing a hunt swap?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...bon2010096.jpg" />

my7pointmonster 08-08-2010 07:56 AM

Hey man good to hear from you didn't you get my PM. You got some bruisers there. With you checking back in that make 9 of 10 from the original team back, no sign of noileroom though. Awesome turn out. I'll let christine know

Ryan.

Originally Posted by dabowhunter (Post 3659958)
Hey Guys,

I got a few nice ones on my property. No out of state hunts planned for this year yet. Anyone interested in doing a hunt swap?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...bon2010096.jpg" />

my7pointmonster 08-09-2010 05:08 PM

You guys alive still?? Ryan.

pjhunts 08-09-2010 05:21 PM

Those are some real nice bucks. I'd love to go up to Wisconsin and try it. Don't know if I could get there this year though. I'd be more than happy to have you or anybody else on our team to come to Illinois. I took a drive up to the public ground I hunt last night and saw a Mega giant. A definite 200+". Couldn't get any video. Too dark. I'm going to hang a trail cam up there one night this week and try to get him on video. From the brief look I got he's gonnaa go maybe over 220" I'm so excited that I can hardly sleep or think of anything else. Also my new archer's Choice rangefinder came in today. Woooohoooo

my7pointmonster 08-09-2010 05:25 PM

Pj, If i didn't have the college leech sucking my wallet dry id be there bud. hope you get a few pictures of the 200" deer. Ryan.

Originally Posted by pjhunts (Post 3660689)
Those are some real nice bucks. I'd love to go up to Wisconsin and try it. Don't know if I could get there this year though. I'd be more than happy to have you or anybody else on our team to come to Illinois. I took a drive up to the public ground I hunt last night and saw a Mega giant. A definite 200+". Couldn't get any video. Too dark. I'm going to hang a trail cam up there one night this week and try to get him on video. From the brief look I got he's gonnaa go maybe over 220" I'm so excited that I can hardly sleep or think of anything else. Also my new archer's Choice rangefinder came in today. Woooohoooo

pjhunts 08-09-2010 05:41 PM

KCMO Cityboy 08-10-2010 09:47 AM

Dang PJ, I start shaking just reading about a 220 buck! I would love to go to WI near Dabowhunter's honey hole but it's hard enough to get 1.5 hrs out of town to hunt.
Can't believe I'll be hanging a couple of stands on Sunday. I just can't wait. This will be on public land. The following weekend I'll be hanging stands at my friends property. Then it's Shake-n-Bake, baby! My focus will be totally on my elk hunt from then on. I'll leave on Sept 17 for that one. Probably won't even deer hunt until early Oct.

MOhunter46 08-10-2010 01:53 PM

Hey Clay, maybe you already said and i missed it but where are you going elk hunting at?

KCMO Cityboy 08-10-2010 01:53 PM

Hey Rybo,
Noticed you are on Team 1 on that other site for the Elk Contest. Good luck to your team, but you better watch out for Team 2. There's a guy named ArchArrow (AKA Cityboy) that's gonna put the smack-wack on a bull and bring home the trophy!

KCMO Cityboy 08-10-2010 01:55 PM

Hey Wayne,
Good to hear from you man. I'll be in Colorado GMU 67 which is just south of Gunnison. My brother bartered a deal and he invited me to come along. I had to think about it for a real long time....