Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia >

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia

Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

still alive in ohio, nothing new to report. will be hitting the property couple weeks. we actually have some acorns this year which is nice. great trail cam pics so far fellas
Old 08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy
Hey Wayne,
Good to hear from you man. I'll be in Colorado GMU 67 which is just south of Gunnison. My brother bartered a deal and he invited me to come along. I had to think about it for a real long time....
Cool deal. My parents are on vacation right now out there so thats why i was asking. I believe there in or around Gunnison as well. Im gonna go out there one day, just got to get a better job first and a little time off.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Don,

Those are some great deer.

PJ,

Over 200 is unreal. I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Don and PJ thanks for the hunt offer. I might have to talk to you guys about it. Just got a great buck on trail camera that I haven't seen all year. From what I can see he has to be over 140.

Dave
Old 08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys the food plot that I put in behind my house is growing O.k. I used that stuff you get at walmart that throw and grow because I dont have a million acres and I dont have a million dollars haha I got a bag of corn and threw it around for them to pick at I'm planning to get some clover or something to plant in there I dont really know what to plant specifically anyone got any inexpensive trailcam reccomendations? Ryan.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

wildview cameras 50-100$, i own 2, and never had any problems. decent photos too
Old 08-13-2010, 03:10 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan,

Cabelas just had the stealth I540IR on sale for $99. Takes great pictures but the trigger speed is a little slow ( over 2 sec) . I have 2. The bushnell trophy cam is nice. A 1 sec trigger speed, the pictures are not as nice as the I540IR but the battery life is great and you can set them up on trails with that fast trigger speed. They are around $200. I like the bushnells because they are small and you definitely spend less on batteries.

Check this buck out he's a hog. Great rack and huge body.
Attached Thumbnails THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia-im000046.jpg  

Last edited by dliz; 08-13-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan,
I'vn been pretty happy with an $80 camera (on sale at BPS). WildGame Innovations IR4. The main problem with these is that the plastic tabs that hold the batteries in place break, probably from heating up in the sun. I fixed that problem by reinforcing them. Also, this year I added 6V battery to them so I don't have to put the C-cell batteries in them and they last all summer long. They also take video if you want. For some reason I can't access my computer at home right now, but here are a few shots from last year. I'll see if I can find the link to a video I posted and you can look at a sample video.
Attached Thumbnails THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia-pict0002.jpg   THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia-pict0004.jpg   THE RETURNING CHAMPIONS - Team XXIV - The Bone Mafia-pict0006.jpg  
Old 08-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a link to a sample video.
http://vimeo.com/8174727
Old 08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

cool video clay, Thanks for the info guys Ryan.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the first pic. Seems like the buck is keeping an eye on the ground blind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.