HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009 Archery Turkey Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-archery-turkey-contest-101/)
-   -   Team 1!(morning THUNDER!!!!!) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-archery-turkey-contest/287010-team-1-morning-thunder.html)

NY/Al 02-19-2009 05:37 PM

Team 1!(morning THUNDER!!!!!)

Team 1
NY/Al
mohunter82
lnen#1
huntinman23
MN/Kyle

Well Kyle demands that team threads be made, so i'll get her started. Ya'll check in and i'll bold your name as you get here.

If you dont know me im Al VonGunden and i'll be hunting specifically in Western NY. Im yet to bag a bird with archery tackle, i think this is the year I break the ice!

Also, im used to domination as far as team contests are concerned on here. I expect this to be no different!:D

TEmbry 02-19-2009 05:45 PM

RE: Team 1!

BOOOOO! You guys are going down already.

Al, I am shippin out your stuff Monday, PM me your address on the "other site" so I know where to send it, k?

NY/Al 02-19-2009 05:50 PM

Sounds good man and thanks again.

Were at the top of the list right now and full wellplan on staying there!

Huntinman23 02-19-2009 06:02 PM

NY/Al
mohunter82
lnen#1
huntinman23
MN/Kyle

Well although your part of the dark horses which im not to fond about lol jk [8D].

But My Name is Casey Rusch I am 18 years old and I will be hunting exclusively in Wisconsin this year. I also hope to put my first bird down with archery equipment. It should be a good year for me. I think we will get to know each other while the season goes on...but it you would like to know more about me just ask.

NY/Al 02-19-2009 06:20 PM

Welcome aboard Casey! I'll be looking foreward to getting to know ya.

Looks like we got a few young fellas here, between me, you and Kyle.

And c'mon man! The DH's arent all that bad, allin good fun!:D

Huntinman23 02-19-2009 06:29 PM

Yeah yeah...I know I was just giving you a hard time...:D:) It's a nice to meet you.

Huntinman23 02-19-2009 06:36 PM

Sorry for another post but I forgot to ask, got anything in the ways of a team name??? I don't know what has been used before or not. I am not very good at these kinds of things to I will let the rest of the team decide.

NY/Al 02-19-2009 06:37 PM

Not yet, since this thread is still hot off the press, we will probably wait until everyone gets here so we can go about the rituals of capt. and name picking. Start brainstorming though!

Huntinman23 02-19-2009 06:38 PM

Got ya!

MN/Kyle 02-19-2009 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al
Well Kyle demands that team threads be made, so i'll get her started.
See how that works, i say the word and it's done.

I'm Kyle, 20 from Minnesota. I'll be hunting MN and possibly NE.

Looking for my 4th archery bird, and entering my first turkey calling comp:)

I expect greatness too, because I like to smack talk....a lot.

mohunter82 02-20-2009 06:54 AM

mohunter82 checkin in. Camden Summers from missouri.
26 years old and live to chase turkeys.

heck Al looks like we got teamed up on both contests. boy are they in for some trouble.

NY/Al 02-20-2009 09:39 AM

Hey your right Mo! Looks like I can root for you on all fronts!:D

NY/Al 02-20-2009 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

So wheres the sub-forum??

MN/Kyle 02-20-2009 10:10 AM

Touche.

Rob nor Christine have their powers in the forum right now, since they are in the proccess of...well whatever the hell it is they are doing around there!

Huntinman23 02-20-2009 01:28 PM

Touche.

Rob nor Christine have their powers in the forum right now, since they are in the proccess of...well whatever the hell it is they are doing around there!
I PMed rob last night and he told me Christine was working on it so get a sub-forum up and running for us. So I have no idea what is going on.

NY/Al 02-21-2009 04:00 AM

Alright boys enough of the small talk. Let hear some game-plans, souting adventures, bird on your hit list?

I plan on going out once all of this snow is off so that I can get some ground blind spots set up. I was watching a flock of about 35 the other day in one of my main hunting spots. No bino's though so I couldnt tell any specifics[:@], there were definatly 3 or 4 mature gobblers and thats all im after. Im going out again today after breakfastto looks for some sheds and scout some more.

Off to the pancake house right now, mmm i love pancakes and NY maple syrup!:D

mohunter82 02-21-2009 05:44 AM

i got a flock i've been watching. with 4 good strutters. they are feeding right past one of my fav spots to hunt. i'm gonna be doing some tree trimming and clearing. trying to get them to start using it to strut when it warms up.

man Al you making me hungry with talk of pancakes and syrup

Huntinman23 02-21-2009 06:22 AM

I will be hunting two different spots here, My aunt and uncles land, and the place I deer hunt. I haven't been up to my aunt and uncles land yet this year but they tell me they see turkeys every night with quite a few gobblers in the group.

The Place I deer hunt has always been good for turkey to if I don't get one up north at the Aunt and Uncles land I will be sure to get one where I deer hunt. I have been going out there every once and a while and I will look for sheds and scout, that sort of thing and there will be birds everywhere where i will be hunting to just don't go to far it so I don't scare them. but i do see them. I think it is going to be a good year!!!

Huntinman23 02-22-2009 10:35 AM

how about anyone else any good news about birds your going after? Good spots you wanna hunt?

mohunter82 02-22-2009 02:57 PM

I 've got a spot i would love to hunt but i dont think i will get the chance this year. some hunting club came in and leased all the surrounding land. so i'm not even for sure if i'm gonna be able to get to it cause i'd have to walk across thier land.

Huntinman23 02-22-2009 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

I 've got a spot i would love to hunt but i dont think i will get the chance this year. some hunting club came in and leased all the surrounding land. so i'm not even for sure if i'm gonna be able to get to it cause i'd have to walk across thier land.
That's to bad, it sucks when something like that happens...I have a couple of spots to go this year. You have any place else to go other than that one?

mohunter82 02-23-2009 10:33 AM

yea i got other places. i still got my farm and a couple other hiding spots.

Huntinman23 02-23-2009 03:55 PM

yea i got other places. i still got my farm and a couple other hiding spots.
Well that's always good. Glad to hear it

mohunter82 02-24-2009 06:56 AM

yea i never give up looking for new land to hunt. even if i dont need it i always want it. cause you never know when something like that will happen. i'd rather not be running around a week before season trying to find a place to hunt.

NY/Al 02-24-2009 07:04 AM

Im with ya there MO, ive literally got tens of thousands of acres that I have sought permission and gotten, but only hunt a little bit of it, basically because I like finding birds, figuring them out, and then killing them. All that takes some time!

Any time that I am out driving around and see birds I almost always pull out my tax maps to see who owns that land. Then i'll go in when the time is right to ask permission and almost always get a yes. Farmers are really nice around here, im never the only one hunting turkeys in a given spot, but im always out there!

mohunter82 02-24-2009 10:04 AM

i got one spot ive been trying to get in on for about 6 years and the guy still says no. this place hold more turkeys in the spring than i could ever want to kill. but for some reason he dont let anyone hunt it.

NY/Al 02-27-2009 09:27 PM

That sucks mo, i know a few old timers like that around here...stubborn old bats. I just wanna kill their turkeys!:D

NY/Al 02-27-2009 09:31 PM

That sucks mo, i know a few old timers like that around here...stubborn old bats. I just wanna kill their turkeys!:D

mohunter82 02-28-2009 06:51 AM

yea i can understand during deer season but its not like i'm gonna mistake his cattle for a flock of turkeys. and i'm not even using a scatter gun. just my bow. oh well. i guess i'll just have to try and call them over the fence again.

NY/Al 02-28-2009 02:05 PM

Just got back from a shed hunting mission. Spotted 4 longbeards out in a cut corn field that I have permission to hunt. Its one of my main joints, they will be a popular target for me!

Huntinman23 02-28-2009 11:48 PM

Just got back from a shed hunting mission. Spotted 4 longbeards out in a cut corn field that I have permission to hunt. Its one of my main joints, they will be a popular target for me!
That's awesome, I went to lunch with my moms whole side of the family Saturday. I was talking to my Aunt and I am hunting her land this year. She told me there are a bunch of turkeys out there every morning/night in there front yard to I am going to try to get them off the roost when they go there and hang out for the day. Hopefully they are still around come spring. If I have no luck there I always have my fail-safe plan (hopefully) the place I bow hunt deer. Turkeys everywhere there.

mohunter82 03-01-2009 05:23 AM

oh man i just realized i think i'm the old fart on the team this year.

Huntinman23 03-01-2009 03:43 PM

oh man i just realized i think i'm the old fart on the team this year.
Why do you say that?

mohunter82 03-01-2009 05:26 PM

i'm almost 27

MN/Kyle 03-02-2009 08:27 PM

Kydeerhunter03 has been added, the no show has been taken out. :)

Someone shoot her a PM, Please?

mohunter82 03-03-2009 08:36 PM

on it kyle

mohunter82 03-04-2009 10:59 AM

well i guess we might wanna start thinkin about a captain and team name. any ideas?

KYDeerHunter03 03-04-2009 12:12 PM

Hey all. Glad to be part of your team! Hopefully I can contribute a bird this season

mohunter82 03-04-2009 12:49 PM

well i believe that makes a full team. now all we need to do is put some birds down.
man am i anxious.i already gotmy tags and season doesnt start till april 20

MN/Kyle 03-05-2009 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: KYDeerHunter03

Hey all. Glad to be part of your team! Hopefully I can contribute a bird this season
Welcome.

I vote Mohunter82 for captain.

Team name...

Doesn't matter to me[8D]