Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread >

Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
5.Alt - FFEMT1271 , NorthWest Louisiana
6.Alt - Bwirth1999- FL
These 2 alts have not checked into the team 8 thread yet. Gun season is right around the corner...
Could you PM these, to let them know they are on a team?
I just made the team, they might not know about it yet.
And if the don't reply, then I will see about replacing them.
We need to give them a chance.

Thank You

jrbsr
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrbsr
Could you PM these, to let them know they are on a team?
I just made the team, they might not know about it yet.
And if the don't reply, then I will see about replacing them.
We need to give them a chance.

Thank You

jrbsr
I messaged them the other night after our conversation to let them know they were on a team and gave them the link to the thread. After sending out the messages, two of the four members who had not already checked in posted on the thread. I will message them again saying that they will be removed from the team if they do not post.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I am checking back in. I have been in the woods for several days and finally got enough time to turn the computer on. I have 2 does now and I have a lot of blood from a very nice buck that I shot last night about 15 mintues before dark. Bad thing is that is rained this morning so hopefully I can still find some more blood. I will get it posted on here this evening if I can find it. Should score nicely. Hope all of you are having good luck. Later.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Spike

good luck on finding that buck. im headed out all day tomorrow hopin to put one on the ground.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I guess we have too many deer. I found the deer, but it was not the buck. The only thing I can think of is as I shot a doe that crossed the opening before the buck. I did not even know she was out there. This part of the field is across a little branch that is right behind my stand. When I first saw it, he was walking toward me abot 200 yards away. At abot 100, it turned to my right and was walking along a dozer pile. As it was walking through here, I could only see it for about 2 seconds every little bit. After about a minute of seeing this thing and could not get a shot, I scanned ahead and found a large opening, getting ready, I could still see him waking. This opening is a crossing in the branch and one side has several large trees together. I did not want to look at the horns anymore and when it came through, boom. Oh well. It is not hurt at least. Hopefully he will come back in a day or so. It was a large doe though. Prob the biggest we have killed so far on the farm.

Well, good luck to all. I am going back out since the rain has finally stopped.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Spike

any pictures? thats 25 points for us if ya post it? right?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

i'm here ...sorry i havent responded earlier guys , but i drive a truck during the week and haven't had any inet access....when i tried last weekend the ip wasn't propagated to my dns yet , so i couldn't access the forum...

this season has been terrible so far... very little movement , and the buck i been hunting for the past 3 yrs has been shot about 1,5 miles from my location. it was a nice 10pt it weight in at 187lbs , so that kinda put a dent in my season...so i went to another location , i really haven't scouted it this year but there's always a few shooters there, then again i shoot anything....except buttons or young fawns.

Last edited by SyPTo; 11-18-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Spike

thats a bummer on that nice 10. ive been in that situation before...double main beam on his right side 13 pointer. killed about a mile away from our piece. good luck this season though
Old 11-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

i got till January 2nd to get some meat... i really haven't seen much in the past 2 weeks other then 1 very small doe , and i didn't take it.i however found a bedding area in a new area , and theres a path going thru it. the tracks go across it ,it's on top of a big hill...so i'm kinda hoping i can catch him crossing the opening...not sure the size , but he's prolly not a 10...it's pretty uncommon to get a 10 around this area.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

Thanks for checking in, Sypto. My season just opened on wednesday and so far 4 bucks have been killed on the property, all of them with tiny racks and big bodies. This land is really geared towards our "meat hunting" tendencies. There's one 8-pointer and a monster 14-pointer on the property, hopefully I tag one of them. And mbm, I'd honestly rather shoot a big doe than a big buck, they taste spectacular. But, if you get those pics up, we'll have 75 points for you and the Team. I'm going to have to find a single alt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.