Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread >

Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread

Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team #6 Mourning Does Official Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by jrbsr
How about ( Mourning Doe ) like Mourning for the harvested buck?

I like it...knew there would be some cleaver person out there! My vote for Mourning Doe.

Scott
Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by schaffee10
I like it...knew there would be some cleaver person out there! My vote for Mourning Doe.

Scott
Sounds good to me, I'm game for you being captain if you want also. I would but its been hectic around here and I'm not on the computer as much as I'd like to. Need to decide soon before we make the HNI Gods upset waiting on us!
Good luck everyone!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Spike

OK since know one else is posting as of right now......I will take the captain position and the Team Name will be Mourning Does.

If someone comes along later and wants to do this let me know and I will be glad to step aside, however at this point someone needs to do something.

However I dont know how I will be able to edit the first post so we may need to start another Official thread, I'll let you know.

Anyone want to make an avatar for us?
Old 11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Has any one on team # 6 sent a PM to 8.Alt - rossville22 from MD ?

We need to give him a chance to check in.
Let me know if he doesn't check in after a week from now.

Thank you

jrbsr
Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 AM
Spike

I will send a pm today and keep you posted.

Scott
Old 11-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

I sent one yesterday to him, no reply yet.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Spike

Not sure how many people start gun season tomorrow but its our opener! Good luck this weekend to those of you hunting......I'll keep you updated on my status!

Scott
Old 11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out this weekend in WI as our gun season opens up here. Can't wait!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Capt. and name aok with me. 1 in archery, 0 in ML, and filled my antlerless tag today (where do I post the pic for our 25 points). With 2 in the freezer I'm going to be somewhat selective this weekend. Hopefully one of them with those pointy things sticking out of his head will pass through my cross hairs. Good luck again to all of you and remember to be safe,
Old 11-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Spike

Look in the sticky post above, there is one where you post your pictures for scoring.

Had an exciting opening weekend. Had a lot of action in the morning several yearlings hanging around all morning, couple small bucks and one med 6 let I let walk. The afternoon was terrible with nada. Did not go out Sun. morning but did sunday evening. After about 10 mins a nice 8pt came out, about 150 yrds out. I am comfortable at the range but thats a long shot, ended up taking it but probably shouldnt have in retrospect. I did hit the deer but hit him low, a little bit of white hair at point of impact but no blood, looked for 2 hrs and found 1 tiny spec of blood about 20 yrds away and nothing else. My opinion is I hit him low in the chest probably just grazed him and he'll be fine. I felt pretty bad afterwards but confindent he'll be fine. Going out Wed. morning still waiting on a mature doe only yearling around me so far.

My brother missed a real nice 8pt was weird because it dropped and stayed down for 5 minutes got back up and just walked away, we found no blood anywhere???? Any ideas what would cause this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.