2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 17- Horn-e-Hunters

Old 11-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's on the doe WIS check out the main page My daughter shot her first deer this weekend. It's under PROUD DAD thread
Old 11-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

this weekend is the last time i can get a chance at a buck. i'm taking the muzzleloader out so hopefully i can smoke one
Old 12-01-2009, 02:58 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck wis.
Our first shotgun season opens this weekend here in Iowa, but I am going to hunt the 2nd season which opens next weekend and then I'll be hunting the late muzzleloader season on the 21st.
I cant wait to take some frustration of bow season out on some deer with a firearm.
It looks like I'll be taking my bow tag into late bow season as well.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have muzzleloader season this weekend, late doe season next weekend and then the rest of bowhunting. good luck kenny. hopefully you can smoke a monster
Old 12-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

no luck on the gun season for me guys, I still have 2 weeks af muzzel loader to try to get one for the board. Good luck to everyone...
Old 12-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck AR. hopefully you can put one on the ground. i hoping a buck makes the mistake of walking out in front of me
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm heading out tomorrow with the smoke pole so hopefully i can put a buck on the ground. wish me luck
Old 12-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crap sorry I screwed up guys, didn't know about the does. Shot a big doe in the early doe season back in October but the only picture I have of it doesn't have me or the gun. No luck in gun season along with everyone else in this state, could have shot a little three pointer opening morning but he was too small. Going out Saturday for the doe season. Gonna be some fresh snow and hopefully a few slickheads on the ground. I'll take better pictures.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

well saturday i went out with a buddy muzzleloader hunting. we didn't see a single thing. when we were shooting them to unload my gun wouldn't shoot. the cap just went snap. the gun is probably 20 years old. its an old thompson/center cap-lock. so i was happy that a big buck didn't step out otherwise i wouldn't have got him. next year i'm investing into a new muzzleloader
Old 12-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Fork Horn

We finally got some snow here. The hunting should be really good around here this weekend. The first shotgun season started sat and it sounds like several large bucks were taken around sw. Iowa. I will be heading out this weekend for the 2nd shotgun season that runs for two weekends. Then i will break out the muzzleloader tag on the 21st.

tikka, good luck with that doe.

wis, it was a good thing mr. big did not step out in front of you.
If you would unsrew the nipple and put a little bit of powder down the nipple hole your gun will go off everytime, unless it gets wet. I have had that problem when i shot a side lock gun then learned about the powder in the nipple hole, no more problem.
Good luck.

GOOD LUCK everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.