Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Red Mist Thread (38) >

Official Team Red Mist Thread (38)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Red Mist Thread (38)

Old 11-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

wooohooooo
xcellent job
way to go
i aint even seen anything in weeks
congrats
Old 11-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Nice deer.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

I shot a nice 8pt but unfortunately it was with a smoke pole at my in-laws. I got a couple of weekends left to carry my bow and I hope that I can get one this nice with my bow. Here are the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Red Mist Thread (38)-imported-photos-00000.jpg  
Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

sweet deer dude!! 110"? ur in gun contest too right!?

so, uhh...waz that the short short story?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

no i am not in the gun contest...and the story is not a whole lot. I shot it sunday morning. I normally carry my bow with me when I go to the woods, but I didn't on Sunday due to the fact that I don't have a hanger in the tree. Which makes it really hard to hang on to a bow and a gun. Anyway I got in the tree way too early. It took nearly an hour before I could see the ground. It was a pretty good morning. Started off with a group of about 5 does came flying by with a little six chasing them all around then about 8 or so this guy walked by at about 30 yards. He is smaller than some of the others that I have on camera. But he is still my biggest maybe second biggest. Its close. I don't know I was pretty pumped about him. I am hoping this next weekend I get a shot at something like that with my bow. I have shot 5 pretty good bucks with my gun and only a little basket with my bow.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good 10 pt

Alright team. I have finally connected on a nice 10 pt. We had an amazing hunting weeked. My buddy and I go every year to a little town in SE Oklahoma on the first weekend of december for a cookout. My family puts on a big cookout for all of the local farmers in the area and some of their old hunting buddies (most don't hunt any more). Well it is kind of a long tradition but was kind of starting to die out and my buddy and I have started going to make them keep it going. Anyway we took off work Friday so that we could leave out after work on Thursday. We got down there around 4:30 which is about an hour or so before dark. On the way to my stand I pushout about 20 does of the hill. Well after that I thought I was too late and everything was pretty much passed. Well about 30 min later I stood up and as I did I caught movement over my shoulder. It was 2 does and they were booking it through the trees right to me. I clip my release on my bow waiting to see what was making them run. I waited and waited but nothing. Well as I watch them walk off I continued standing knowing I only have about 15 min of daylight now. I turn around now facing the front as I was watching the does go right behind my tree. As soon as I turn I see another body along the fence about 40 yards through the timber. At first glance I thought just another doe. Well I kind of relaxed and then it walked towards me. As it gets closer I could see something on its head. When it got to about 20 yds I tried to draw and my should popped. The buck bounce off about 15 yds now out of range. I stood there about 2 min watching and it turned and started toward me again. When it got to about 20 yds again I drew and settled my pin and released. I sat in the tree for about 20 min until it got good and dark and walked back to house to get a light and some help. My grandpa and his friend, my buddy and I all went to look for this deer. It took about 5 min to make our way about 50 yds down the hill and there lay this 10 pt. I as pumped. I knew it was a good deer but it is way better than I had expected and it is by far the best bow kill that I have.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Red Mist Thread (38)-101_1718.jpg  
Old 12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

DUDE YOU ARE THE MANNNNNNNNNNNNN

hella shot, and he came back..thats destiny..lol wtg...mad props..whata pig!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks...Sorry about the date I forget you have to reset it everytime the batteries go dead.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Spike

nice deer congrats
Old 12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

anyone still in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.