Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7) >

Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)

Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been hunting as I can on the weekends. I have seen the same nice buck almost every night when I'm out, but I'm never in the right place at the right time. They're really dogging the does now, so one minute they're there, and the next. they're gone....

I'm still working on a deer!!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

I'll be out there Friday through Sunday. I'm just hoping to see a buck. I haven't seen a mature buck this year. I've only hunted 6 times since the opener on Sept 15th. I also have a week vacation from the 5th through the 12th. If I can't get it done through that time then it can't be from lack of trying. Good luck Guys!
Old 10-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hope everyone's out hunting and seeing deer...and/or harvesting some. Thought I'd share some of my journal notes I've been keeping since 10/3. I've hunted 15 days for a total of 54 hours. Ten of those days were on public land. From my stands, I've seen 10 antlered deer and 56 others that were does, fawns and button bucks. Of the 10 bucks only two were seen on private land. Other animals seen besides those freakin squirrels were coyote, raccoon, ground hog, and red fox. Never saw another hunter from stand except my son (we hunt within sight of each other). The day I saw the most deer was 10/13.

I highly encourage everyone (if you don't already do it) is to keep a journal of the days/hours in stand, what you saw and the mast crop/temp/wind and precip. It can prove to be an invaluable tool for next year.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

This is my first October buck and of course, Halloween buck. Had a very still morning today, which was great after sitting in a hurricane last Friday. Got in my stand a little late b/c the number two Gods were calling halfway to my farm. Nothing like getting butt up against a barbwire fence at 6:45 in the morning! After blowing out last nights Pizza Shoppe, I got to the barn and changed and made it to my stand. I have hunted this particular spot 5 times this year and was where I shot my doe earlier this month. Its the perfect pinch point between an open field and woods with a creek that separates me from the field. Anyway, I get situated in my climber and as the sun brings daylight upon me I notice a 1.5 year old 6 pointer coming down the mowed trail in our pasture that I just walked down. He looks back and I notice a nice buck following him. I put the bino's up on my buck and grabbed the Guardian. He has his nose to the ground and keeps coming. I thought for sure he was picking up my scent but evidently the mucks were stink free today. The 6 pointer is 20 yards in front of me now picking at the acorns and doesn't have a care in the world. My buck comes down the trail, turns right and grunts at the 6 pointer. It was like he was telling him, "Hey I'm going this way you coming with?" With his head down I pull back the Bowtech and settle my pin behind the shoulder. He's at 32 yards broadside and I shoot over the 6 pointer's head and put the Rage through the cage. He mule kicks and runs 40 yards and expires in the creek bed...of course. It was a perfect shot piercing both lungs and the tip of the heart. He isn't my biggest but I'm happy with him. I have been on a three year buck drought with my bow and just didn't want to pass on the opportunity. Happy Halloween guys and without further ado my Don Hardcore Hunter pics of the week.....

My fiance and little girl

Our Christmas card photo

Halloween Buck
Tip to Tip
7 3/8

Greatest Spread
16 5/8

Inside Spread
14 5/8
Right Left
20 1/4 20 1/4
3 6/8 5 2/8
10 9 4/8
7 3/8 8 5/8

Right H Left H
3 6/8 3 6/8
3 4/8 3 3/8
3 4/8 3 3/8
3 3

Grossed 126 7/8

Last edited by louddrummer69; 11-02-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Sweet buck!! Congratulations!! Wish the deer in my neck of the woods had bodies like that! I bet it was a pain to get him out of the creek...Good job!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, congrats!! Now we have what, 2 bucks on the board?? Keep up the good work guys. I'll certainly be trying to get one on the ground whenever I'm able to hunt!! Been seeing a lot of deer, but no shot opportunities yet....
Old 11-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck ld congrats.Good looking family too.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

Way to go!!!

Nice deer!
Old 11-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Check out this shed I found yesterday. It was about 20ft from my stand. I like to see its prior owner...and the other side.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Equine Exterminators Thread (7)-dsc_08670002.jpg  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Amazing you found it in November with what appears to be NO rodent chew marks!!

Cool find

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.