HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/301009-official-team-camo-cazis-thread-33-a.html)

njbuck22 09-15-2009 07:22 AM

I wish that i could help with the logo, but im about as pathetic with a computer as one can get. I still have the logo from a couple of years ago and cant figure out how to change it.

Western MA Hunter 09-15-2009 08:27 AM

me too... this is about as advanced as I get!

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-15-2009 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by njbuck22 (Post 3412502)
Official Team 33

32 pinsapex7
alt TheSag
287 njbuck22
61 bigdees27
171 jc395
319 solocamcan
135 Sideways
313 SDarcher
36 Western MA Hunter
127 Snook384

Alts placed, please welcome contact him and welcome him in.

SIDEWAYS 09-15-2009 06:22 PM

Sent Thesag a message

Western MA Hunter 09-16-2009 04:53 AM

Ok Sag... where are ya!!! :)

Buddy shot a "trophy" spike horn in CT yesterday... getting my blood boiling...

bigdees27 09-16-2009 10:32 AM

ok guys... this is it. im heading out tomorrow to go tag a bear(hopefully). so most likely this will be it until i get back next weekend. im pulling for u guys. hopefully at least one of u all can get us on the scoreboard. so other than that, wish me luck and ill be back in about a week and a half.

SIDEWAYS 09-16-2009 05:50 PM

Good luck on the bear hunt bigdees :rock:

Western MA Hunter 09-17-2009 07:34 AM

Shoot straight BigDees... exepecting some good pics and story!

jc395 09-18-2009 06:15 AM

OK guys, I want to hunt the buck that I saw last Saturday, but the wind may not be perfect tomorrow. Would you chance it?

pinsapex7 09-19-2009 08:39 AM

Nice bear pics. We have a week till deer season kicks in here in Ohio. Have to potential shooters so far, Hopefully they show up during day light hours. Good luck team

pinsapex7 09-19-2009 08:42 AM

Good luck Team one week and counting

SIDEWAYS 09-20-2009 06:36 PM

Did "TheSag" ever check in?

Got out Saturday morning, little windy but not to bad.
Saw a turkey hen and 3 poults fly down around 7:00am but no deer.

Nothing Saturday evening either.

Western MA Hunter 09-21-2009 04:18 AM

still no sag....

njbuck22 09-21-2009 05:14 AM

Hey guys, just a quick update. My season started here on Sept 12th and unfortunately i havent made it out yet. I have been extremely busy with work, which i guess is a good thing and this past weekend i had my best buddy's wedding. Now that the wedding and other prior engagements have been filled, its finally time to focus on my hunting. Wednesday am I fly out to Denver and then drive 2 and a half hours into Wyoming to start my first ever mule deer hunt. I have spoke with the guide and he has seen a lot of really nice deer. To say im excited is an understatement. I start hunting on the 25th of september and will hunt till the last day of sept. Hopefully i will have lady luck on my side and a nice mulie will making the trip home with me. I was going to hunt this afternoon, but i think im just going to shoot my bow from now till wendesday to make sure im dialed in for the trip.

Western MA Hunter 09-21-2009 09:44 AM

NJ... good luck on the mulie hunt... definately would like to do that sometime...
Have a safe trip..
I'm taking my father in law out bear hunting tonight for his first time.. let's see if we can make it 3 for 3 now...

SIDEWAYS 09-22-2009 04:51 PM

Bumpin into the night :party0005:

Western MA Hunter 09-23-2009 04:28 AM

3 weeks and counting here...
MA starts 10/12... NY 10/15... ugh...
hope to get out in CT later this week.. work has been a b#$%h lately.

njbuck22 09-23-2009 10:52 AM

Well guys, i leave on the first plane out tomorrow morning. Man im pumped up. I talked with the guy im hunting with and he has taken 2 other hunters this year for mulies. One guy shot a mulie that was a hair under 30 inches wide and the other missed two nice bucks. Apparently he had a case of buck fever. Hopefully ill get lucky and add some inches to our teams score. Ill check in when i get back on the 1st of october. Take care and good luck to those who are hunting now.

SIDEWAYS 09-24-2009 05:40 PM

Anything from "thesag" yet?

Surgeman 09-26-2009 01:26 PM

Hey guys, I just made your team as an alternate. I am new to this site, but my buddy, Jack aka Arjuna has been doing this and the turkey contests for a few years and encouraged me to sign up. So, I guess I am your new/last team mate.

My season starts Oct 15 for AL and Oct 17 for Northwest Florida. I just started bowhunting last year, but had a blast and learned a lot. I am looking forward to this year.

Nice to meet you guys and happy hunting.

SIDEWAYS 09-26-2009 02:08 PM

Welcome to the team and to the site Surgeman!

Originally Posted by Surgeman (Post 3454737)
Hey guys, I just made your team as an alternate. I am new to this site, but my buddy, Jack aka Arjuna has been doing this and the turkey contests for a few years and encouraged me to sign up. So, I guess I am your new/last team mate.

My season starts Oct 15 for AL and Oct 17 for Northwest Florida. I just started bowhunting last year, but had a blast and learned a lot. I am looking forward to this year.

Nice to meet you guys and happy hunting.

pinsapex7 09-27-2009 06:15 PM

What score we get for does? And how many can we score?

SIDEWAYS 09-27-2009 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by pinsapex7 (Post 3455907)
What score we get for does? And how many can we score?

pinsapex, no score for does, only antlered deer score.
You can still tell us the story and post pictures here of any animal you harvest.

Inquiring minds want to know! :wave:

Western MA Hunter 09-28-2009 03:59 AM

yes.. please do... that may be all you get to see from me!! :)

Western MA Hunter 09-29-2009 08:49 AM

i'm hoping dees has his bear down!!!!

Surgeman 09-29-2009 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
waiting until oct. 17th is gonna kill me. i'm glad some of u guys are already in the woods.

i feel bad because these fl deer look like grayhounds with toothpicks compared to what you guys are seeing. i attached a pic from one of my trail cameras... and this is considered a "good" deer.

happy hunting fellas!

Western MA Hunter 09-30-2009 04:06 AM

surge, that is a good one up here too... anything w/ antler is good up here

SDarcher 09-30-2009 07:33 AM

hey guys, its been a while since I've checked back in. going out tonight, should at least see some action. There's 3 apples trees by my stand that are just getting thrashed. It looks like a herd of cattle have been standing around there eating apples. even a pretty good rub just off the path. Got my fingers crossed. Good luck guys!

bigdees27 09-30-2009 10:15 AM

well guys, i made it back to town on sunday afternoon. we hunted from saturday thru thursday. i didnt see one freakin bear. the weather was about as bad as it could get for fall bear hunting. highs were between 75-80 just about every day which was about 20-25 above normal. we were sweating in the stand. i guess it kept movement to a minimum. it was supposed to snow up there yesterday so i dont know, it kinda pissed me off when i saw that but o well. only 3 out of the 10 of us saw a bear. only 1 person got a bear and he shot it like 20 min before dark when it started to cool off a little. it was a pretty decient sow. it weighed about 190. but other than that, we hammered the walleye and northern pike. my buddy caught a monster smallie, 22.5" roughly 6 pounds. ill try to get some fish pics on here later.

SIDEWAYS 09-30-2009 04:53 PM

Dees, at least you got out there to hunt um!

I havn't been out since Saturday, shot a doe in the morning but could not find her. Knew the shot was back a little to far but still looked for 3 hrs Saturday morning, then had the wife out with me on Sunday for another couple of hours.

Went out yesterday to practice, first shot was off by 4 inches, shot another arrow was off another inch.
Looked my bow over and found my savage pendulum sight was broken. :(
Now I find out Savage is out of business so I have to scrounge around for another swing.

jc395 09-30-2009 06:22 PM

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm off this Friday for my birthday and I plan to hunt morning and afternoon. The weather is starting to cool down a bit and the wind should be right for my two favorite stands.

Western MA Hunter 10-01-2009 04:13 AM

week & a half left

Arjuna 10-01-2009 06:02 AM

Hey team 33. I am glad my friend, Surgeman, made the team this year, but wanted to let you all know that he's not much of a hunter. I hope ya'll can help him out this year. He needs lots of advice and encouragement (because he has friends like me). I would also be praying for the pine trees in the areas that he hunts. He seems to like turpentine better than venison...just an observation. My hope is that you guys can steer him in the right direction. Good luck with that.

Western MA Hunter 10-01-2009 07:34 AM

Good to know Arjuna!!!! hehe

Hoping to finally get out tonight in CT... we'll see.

Surgeman 10-01-2009 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Arjuna (Post 3460020)
Hey team 33. I am glad my friend, Surgeman, made the team this year, but wanted to let you all know that he's not much of a hunter. I hope ya'll can help him out this year. He needs lots of advice and encouragement (because he has friends like me). I would also be praying for the pine trees in the areas that he hunts. He seems to like turpentine better than venison...just an observation. My hope is that you guys can steer him in the right direction. Good luck with that.

sorry about this post fellas. i've learned in life that some folks like to lead by talking about it while others just start walking. Arjuna and i will be in the woods on Oct. 15th... i'll make sure he's the one on the other side of the camera taking the pic.

(i did kill a nice pine tree last year... first year with a bow in my hand)

Stack 'em up this week!!!

SIDEWAYS 10-01-2009 05:16 PM

(i did kill a nice pine tree last year... first year with a bow in my hand)

LOL, surgeman at least you did not have to track it very far!
:party0005:

Western MA Hunter 10-02-2009 03:27 AM

i've taken a few pines in my day too....
went out to CT last night... saw nothing... get wet! :)
Nice to get out finally though.

jc395 10-03-2009 07:43 AM

Birthday Buck!

Went hunting yesterday on my birthday and got this one. I haven't had time to score it yet.
I'm not much of a story teller but here goes.
I've got a stand that sits off an old fence line that separates some oaks from a cutover. Last week I had a good sized deer come thru before day light, but it was too dark to tell what is was. I got to my stand about 45 mins before shooting light and the deer came in the exact same way as the week before. When the deer first came in it was too dark to tell what it was. He lifted his head and I was able to see the right side of his rack but is was still to dark to shoot. The next 5 mins was an eternity. I wasn't sure if he would stay around long enough for me to get a shot, and just as my pins began to glow, he started to walk off. He stopped about 15 yards from my stand and I drew my bow, the only problem was his vitals were right behind a tree. He starts to walk again and I can't get a shot on him. I start to panic! By chance, he steps in another shooting lane at 20 yards. I stop him and let an arrow fly! I couldn't tell where the arrow hit, but felt it was a good shot. As he ran off, I heard him stumble thru the woods. I decided to wait two hours before tracking. My dad and I followed a great blood trail for about 80 yards thru a small strip of woods into a pasture. About 30 yards into the pasture I see where the deer bedded down. I looked up and saw the back side of the deer and started to celebrate!!!! I motioned to my dad, took two steps toward the deer and he got up and ran into a pine thicket!! I watched the nicest buck I'd seen bow hunting run off. We check the spot where the deer was laying and there was plenty of blood so we decided to back out and give him some time. I came back about 5 hours later and could not get back on a blood trail. I started a grid search (thru the thickets pine thickets on my lease) and after about 45 minutes of looking, I found him!!!!! My shot was a little bit back and took out the liver. This is the best buck I've taken with a bow and to harvest him on my birthday was an extra special treat!

Arjuna 10-03-2009 06:12 PM

Congrats jc...

bigdees27 10-03-2009 06:52 PM

congrats on the buck jc.. o and happy birthday as well.. my birthday is the 4th and im planning on hunting that evening so maybe ill have as much luck as u did.. that deer has some great brows