HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/301009-official-team-camo-cazis-thread-33-a.html)

Western MA Hunter 09-02-2009 06:17 AM

never been hog hunting... i think i'd like to hear the squeel when the arrow hits!!! :)

Snook... captain must check in regularly and communticate w/ contest heads and post official kills on threads...

Snook384 09-02-2009 07:07 AM

Ok I think I can do that. When someone gets a kill do they pm me the info etc?

SIDEWAYS 09-02-2009 07:53 AM

Did we get an alternate for the person that never signed in?

Western MA Hunter 09-02-2009 09:07 AM

Snook... you'll have to let JSBR know that you are appointed team captain. I let him know last week who hasn't checked in. there should be a thread to keep him posted on it.. once you let him know... we will eventually get an alternate.

SIDEWAYS 09-03-2009 03:12 AM

Temperatures are cooling off and the White Oak acorns are starting to drop.
Our opener is Sept 15th here in Maryland.
:party0007:

Western MA Hunter 09-03-2009 04:14 AM

I'm jealous... MA & NY don't open until mid October... I'm hoping to get out in CT earlier.. Season starts Sept 15th there...

bigdees27 09-03-2009 06:17 AM

hey guys... the season here starts saturday but i will have to wait til sunday to go.. i gotta go sport my UK football team in the season opener... gotta love SEC football... ill post some trail cam pics later on today so i can give u all an idea of what im going to be chasing after this season

Western MA Hunter 09-03-2009 07:01 AM

BigDees, you going to the game? That is awesome... I try to make it to a UConn game each year...that's about it...
I'm a Michigan fan though!!!!!!

I wish I could get out and hunt that early... bear season starts next Tuesday, so I am gonna go video and help some bear "rookies".

bigdees27 09-03-2009 09:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
yeah i'll be at the game... i figure i can sacrafice a day or 2 of bow season to go to a football game... but basketball is a different story.. lookin like uk will have a good year with calipari taking over for drunk billy gillispie..

im leaving out on the 17th to go bear hunting myself. this will be my 1st bear hunt so it should be fun. i dont know if i'll have computer access so i might have to wait until i get back to post pics. it will be just me and the hoyt in the tree (of course ill have the 7mag as a back up).

heres a few pics of what ill be chasing after this season:

Western MA Hunter 09-03-2009 09:40 AM

Nice pics Dees...
where you going bear hunting?

bigdees27 09-03-2009 09:49 AM

going to ontario. i think it is on lake matachewan. im pretty sure its on the eastern side. somebody up there just killed a black bear that went 338 pounds so hunting should only get better between now and when we get there. if you want to check the place out online its called horseshoe island camp.

Snook384 09-03-2009 10:24 AM

Could someone tell me how to get a hold of JSBR?

Western MA Hunter 09-04-2009 03:50 AM

Go to the official rules thread or the official team thread.. he started the threads ... click his name and pm him..

Dees... isn't ontario a 2 bear province? they have color phase there too, correct?
I am going to Ontario deer hunting next year... went a few years ago to a scam outfitter... managed to kill a decent 6 pt on my own... gonna do it right next time.
Going to New Brunswick this year w/ the guys I shot my moose with last year. should be a good time. Going w/ Father in Law and soon to be brother in law...

bigdees27 09-04-2009 10:49 AM

as far as the 2 bear thing goes im not sure. with the color phases, yes there some in ontario. from what the outfitter told me, we will be too far east to really get into any of them.

SIDEWAYS 09-07-2009 05:27 PM

Just bumpin back to page 1 :guiness:

Western MA Hunter 09-08-2009 04:17 AM

Well, wonder how our KY boy made out?
Bear season starts today here... won't be out.
buddy just texted me and had a couple of small ones come under his stand...

bigdees27 09-08-2009 07:00 AM

well sunday night didnt turn out to be much. it stormed on us on the way out there and then the sun came back out and the temp went from the low 70s back up to about 88. didnt see anything until about 15 minutes before dark. i had 2 small bucks with only the left sides of their racks growing out. one was in full velvet and the other was just starting to shed his velvet. got to see him rub a tree for about 5 minutes so that was pretty cool. they walked straight down to where my stand is and stood right under me for about 10 minutes. gonna try to get back out there again on thursday morning. mornings usually seem to produce a lot more activity on that farm.

Western MA Hunter 09-08-2009 09:19 AM

Good Luck Dees... we will be living through your stories for now..
scouted a spot that has produced relatively well for this area yesterday. spoke to land owner and he said he saw a good 8, small 6 and 4 point the other day.

jc395 09-08-2009 11:49 AM

Nice trail cam pics. I just got one and put it out. I'll post pics after I check it.

SIDEWAYS 09-09-2009 03:35 AM

Cool deal, love to see those trail camera pictures!

Less than a week to go for the MD season opener!
:deer:

njbuck22 09-09-2009 04:22 AM

Hello team, sorry i havent been around lately, i was in St Thomas blue marlin fishing. Awsome time. Anyhow, my season starts on sat. Gunna go to my doe honey hole and hopefully put one down. New Jersey is a earn a buck state, so first order of business is getting a doe to get my buck tag. There have been some really nice bucks running around so im really excited.

Western MA Hunter 09-10-2009 04:42 AM

Well, 2 of our boys put bears down on the ground yesterday... both of them taking their first bears w/ the rifle. No pics yet. Both around 135lb. 1 more rookie to go this year...

bigdees27 09-10-2009 09:02 AM

sweet.. hopefully the same will be said for me when i go up there next week.. man i cant wait any longer.. im ready to go bust a bear

Western MA Hunter 09-10-2009 09:04 AM

Dees,
I'm sure you will... have you ever killed one or hunted them for that matter?

Western MA Hunter 09-10-2009 09:22 AM

Here's one of the 2 bears from yesterday. He shot it at 12:59pm. First time ever even seeing a bear in the woods!!! Shot it w/ a TC Omega at about 35 yards. Bear went about 10 feet.

bigdees27 09-10-2009 10:42 AM

western.. this will be my 1st ever bear hunt. i almost got a chance to go last year but it wasnt ment to be. the guy im going with has been up there a few times so he has kinda given me an idea of what to expect for the most part

SIDEWAYS 09-10-2009 05:27 PM

Nice bear!
Good luck to all

Western MA Hunter 09-11-2009 04:40 AM

You'll love it Dees... it is a trip... what a rush you get.. even if it is a smaller bear. These 2 guys were so shook up!!! :)
You'll connect..

njbuck22 09-11-2009 06:53 AM

Awsome work on the bears western ma hunter. Dees, you will certainly love bear hunting. I had an absolute blast the time i went. I couldnt get over how quiet bears were.

Western MA Hunter 09-11-2009 08:54 AM

They just appear sometimes... turn your head one way, look back, and there they are!

solocamcan 09-11-2009 03:37 PM

Just moved back to Illinois where I belong....Arkansas wasnt for me. Time to get serious now :)

bigdees27 09-11-2009 07:21 PM

thanks for the info and the vote of confidence. i really appreciate it.
saturday morning will most likely be my last day to hunt here before i head on up to canada. im leaving on thursday sometime. i wont have a phone, computer or anything else like that. its just gonna be me, a few other guys, big pike, walleye, smallmouths, and of course bears. ill just have to post pics and stories whenever i get back. hopefully some of u all will score a buck while im gone

jc395 09-12-2009 07:38 PM

Day one is in the books for me. I ended up having to work in the morning, so I missed my morning sit. Saw three bucks this afternoon, 2 fork horns and a decent 8. They all walked the same trail at different times so I'll set up a little bit different next Saturday. One of the small ones actually came in to about 5 yards before going back.

SIDEWAYS 09-13-2009 05:04 PM

Thats cool JC!
Did the 10th person sign in or did we get an alternate?

Western MA Hunter 09-14-2009 04:39 AM

i think we'll need the alternate.
Good luck Dees... we're all pulling for ya.
JC, how big was the 8?

jc395 09-14-2009 10:27 AM

I'm not good at field judging deer, but I got a pretty good look at him thru the binoculars. If I had to guess, I'd say he would go about 90 to 100 inches which I would be tickled to death with around here. His horns were well outside his ears with decent length on the brow tines. I've got a portable stand, so I'm went back mid day Sunday and found another tree to climb that will give me a good shot to where they crossed.

SIDEWAYS 09-14-2009 04:14 PM

Marylands bow opener is tomorrow and I am going to have to miss it, but I will be out Saturday morning!
Hopefully the weather will cool off a little more.

Went out to one of my lease's yesterday where I planted a winter plot of purple top turnips, kale and winter wheat.
I could not believe how much has come up since I planted 2 weeks ago.
I wish I could get my front yard as nice and green as the plot is.
I'll get some pictures and post Saturday.

Stay Safe out there!

Western MA Hunter 09-15-2009 04:12 AM

Good luck JC & Sideways...
JC.. i hear ya on the 90"... that is a trophy around here!!!

njbuck22 09-15-2009 04:36 AM

Hey guys, just an update here. Sat morning was our oppening day, i was up and at them but it was a monsoon out, so back to bed. Unfortunately i have had a hecktick weekend so i havent been able to make it out. I probably wont be able to get out till monday, but then ill be logging some serious hours for the remainder of the season.

Western MA Hunter 09-15-2009 07:16 AM

All right guys... we need a logo... anyone know how to do them or know anyone here who can do one?
I was thinking the guy w/ the bandana riding the arrow!!!!
any thoughts?