Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33) >

Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Camo-Cazis Thread (33)

Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Spike

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm off this Friday for my birthday and I plan to hunt morning and afternoon. The weather is starting to cool down a bit and the wind should be right for my two favorite stands.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

week & a half left
Old 10-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Hey team 33. I am glad my friend, Surgeman, made the team this year, but wanted to let you all know that he's not much of a hunter. I hope ya'll can help him out this year. He needs lots of advice and encouragement (because he has friends like me). I would also be praying for the pine trees in the areas that he hunts. He seems to like turpentine better than venison...just an observation. My hope is that you guys can steer him in the right direction. Good luck with that.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good to know Arjuna!!!! hehe

Hoping to finally get out tonight in CT... we'll see.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Arjuna
Hey team 33. I am glad my friend, Surgeman, made the team this year, but wanted to let you all know that he's not much of a hunter. I hope ya'll can help him out this year. He needs lots of advice and encouragement (because he has friends like me). I would also be praying for the pine trees in the areas that he hunts. He seems to like turpentine better than venison...just an observation. My hope is that you guys can steer him in the right direction. Good luck with that.
sorry about this post fellas. i've learned in life that some folks like to lead by talking about it while others just start walking. Arjuna and i will be in the woods on Oct. 15th... i'll make sure he's the one on the other side of the camera taking the pic.

(i did kill a nice pine tree last year... first year with a bow in my hand)

Stack 'em up this week!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

(i did kill a nice pine tree last year... first year with a bow in my hand)

LOL, surgeman at least you did not have to track it very far!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

i've taken a few pines in my day too....
went out to CT last night... saw nothing... get wet!
Nice to get out finally though.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default Birthday Buck!

Went hunting yesterday on my birthday and got this one. I haven't had time to score it yet.
I'm not much of a story teller but here goes.
I've got a stand that sits off an old fence line that separates some oaks from a cutover. Last week I had a good sized deer come thru before day light, but it was too dark to tell what is was. I got to my stand about 45 mins before shooting light and the deer came in the exact same way as the week before. When the deer first came in it was too dark to tell what it was. He lifted his head and I was able to see the right side of his rack but is was still to dark to shoot. The next 5 mins was an eternity. I wasn't sure if he would stay around long enough for me to get a shot, and just as my pins began to glow, he started to walk off. He stopped about 15 yards from my stand and I drew my bow, the only problem was his vitals were right behind a tree. He starts to walk again and I can't get a shot on him. I start to panic! By chance, he steps in another shooting lane at 20 yards. I stop him and let an arrow fly! I couldn't tell where the arrow hit, but felt it was a good shot. As he ran off, I heard him stumble thru the woods. I decided to wait two hours before tracking. My dad and I followed a great blood trail for about 80 yards thru a small strip of woods into a pasture. About 30 yards into the pasture I see where the deer bedded down. I looked up and saw the back side of the deer and started to celebrate!!!! I motioned to my dad, took two steps toward the deer and he got up and ran into a pine thicket!! I watched the nicest buck I'd seen bow hunting run off. We check the spot where the deer was laying and there was plenty of blood so we decided to back out and give him some time. I came back about 5 hours later and could not get back on a blood trail. I started a grid search (thru the thickets pine thickets on my lease) and after about 45 minutes of looking, I found him!!!!! My shot was a little bit back and took out the liver. This is the best buck I've taken with a bow and to harvest him on my birthday was an extra special treat!

Last edited by jc395; 10-04-2009 at 05:54 AM. Reason: pic
Old 10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats jc...
Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Spike

congrats on the buck jc.. o and happy birthday as well.. my birthday is the 4th and im planning on hunting that evening so maybe ill have as much luck as u did.. that deer has some great brows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.