Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16) >

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)

Old 11-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I scored my Buck at 75 1/4 and posted it on the score card site.

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-18-2009, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from 4 days at hunting camp. My buddy got a 115" 8 pointer, a decent buck for this area, and the rest of us had sightings but not much. It was a weird week with little movement. Yesterday I hunted a prime remote area and didn't see a single deer. Not sure how that tropical storm effected movement and the new moon should have meant more daylight movement. Oh well, that's hunting. Sorry to hear your loss mohoning, seems half of us have experienced that this year.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Shot this buck today at 1530 hrs. on a new piece of property that I just gained access to a few weeks ago.The land owner told me that he has been seeing alot of deer passing through his land and mentioned the fact that he had been seeing this particular 7 pt. on several occasions running through the back field and said to "kill it if you get a chance,I wan to see it up close".So today I got to my stand at 1450 hrs. and guess who came by at 1530?The buck came through the back corner of a swamp,right along the edge of a stonewall where I had set up my stand.The shot was quatering away at 10 yards and took out both lungs.At the shot the deer mule kicked and bolted around 90 yards before piling up.The arrow passed completely through the deer and buried about 7 inches into the ground on the off side.I had a spotty blood trail for most of the way,though it did pick up for about the last 40 to 50 yards.There are some big bucks running this piece(including a huge 6 pt I got trail camera shots of and posted about here) and hopefully I'll get to put an arrow through soon.I shot the buck with my Crackerized 68 lb '04 Pearson Edge.My arrows are 250 CX Maxima Hunters tipped with a 100 grain Wasp Boss Bullets.The bow is also equipped with a Viper Predator hunter sight and TR Drop Zone Rest.I was also using a Scott Silverhorn release.The buck dressed out at 145 lbs.Oh,and the land owner was glad to see the deer up close.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats rutt nice Buck! That looks like 100pts or more for Team 16!! Good Job!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Buck rutt!

I guess it is my turn to step up to the plate.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rutt. I shot a buck with my rifle Friday. The sad thing is I was contemplating taking my bow as well and he came in at 15 yards. To make it worse he had some ground shrinkage, but it was a quick shot without any pre-assessing. No browtines, six points. Good G2/G3 (6.57" & 7.5" respectively) but small inside measurement (12.5"). 17" mainbeams. A bit of a let down for rifle but I would have been happier with it as a bow kill. I'll try and take my bow over the Thanksgiving holiday but two weapons can be a hassle and I'm not leaving the rifle.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Rutt!

Rifle season is in full swing here, I'm still bow hunting some, but I've taken the rifle out a few times. I've got until january 2 to bow hunt so I have plenty of time. Good luck to those who still have a tag and congratulations to those who don't.

I'll be up in PA all this week for thanksgiving and then rifle hunting the first week of december. Then it's back down to VA to do some bow hunting for the rest of the season.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by coryj
Congrats Rutt!

Rifle season is in full swing here, I'm still bow hunting some, but I've taken the rifle out a few times. I've got until january 2 to bow hunt so I have plenty of time. Good luck to those who still have a tag and congratulations to those who don't.

I'll be up in PA all this week for thanksgiving and then rifle hunting the first week of december. Then it's back down to VA to do some bow hunting for the rest of the season.
Hey coryj where you hunting in PA.

Hatchet Jack
Old 11-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats rutt!
Old 11-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bucks everyone! Gun season starts monday here so I wont be out.......very frustrating year! Looks like I will be out there freezing my butt off trying to take a decent buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.