HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300991-official-team-november-new-moon-thread-9-a.html)

YooperMike 08-19-2009 04:53 AM

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Hey Guys, here's the thread for our team. I'm Mike, hunting in central IL.

Official Team 9

252 elkhuntinut

82 Yoopermike
alt Q2INWHITETAILS
340 eng40sqd
247 kevster14p
59 KSBOHUNTR
190 sdprice1
220 Huntingboy1122
254 14mercs
alt -Deerslayer-

I'll bold everyone as they check in.

YooperMike 08-19-2009 05:06 AM

Hey guys, I sent PMs to our teammates...all except KSBOWHUNTR KS turned up 4 different possibilities in the member list.

So, here we go, whose season opens first???

YooperMike 08-19-2009 05:11 AM

Ok, found huntinboy,PM sent.

eng40sqd 08-19-2009 07:34 AM

Hey guys,

Checking in - Justin from Va, will be hunting in the Northern Neck, Northern VA and the Blue Ridge Mountains near Skyline Drive and the Park area.

I will do my best to hopefully hold up my end here in VA.. our Urban Season (antlerless only around a few of the big cities) opens mid Sept. However I will probably not be in the woods until the statewide archery opener on Oct. 3rd.

Justin

14mercs 08-19-2009 05:16 PM

Checking in. I swear I am so due for a bruiser it aint funny. All this rain and big acorn crop might equal great pre-rut this year. Fingers are crossed!!!

14mercs 08-19-2009 05:40 PM

What's with the new picture posting method. I wanted to post some past glories, but I need a hosting service.

kevster14p 08-19-2009 07:05 PM

hey, hows it going? im kevin. ill be hunting in maryland and possibly PA. but so far ive got a couple good bucks pegged and on camera. im hoping to get a shot at atleast one.

sdprice1 08-19-2009 07:41 PM

Scott Checking in. I am in North Carolina and will be hunting all across the state. Bow season here open sept 12 so I will be hitting the woods soon. I know of some big bucks roaming a couple of the place I hunt so hopefully I will score a good one for the team.

elkhuntinut 08-19-2009 07:44 PM

Hey checking in..finally...I will be hunting PA the opening weekend (10/3) and also NY when it opens on 10/7....looking forward to it finally

kevster14p 08-19-2009 08:47 PM

this is what im after this season. i have pictures of these two deer everyday, most during the day. i hope they dont chance their patterns before the season starts!

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...thdeer1118.jpg

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...6thdeer246.jpg

YooperMike 08-20-2009 05:19 AM

Great looking deer Kevin, hopefully you can get that big boy. Not sure what i've got around this year, saw some great deer late season last year that made it through the gun onslaught, but I had a camera stolen this year and i didn't want to chance it again so i'm going in blind as to what's around.

YooperMike 08-23-2009 04:48 AM

Went out looking last night and saw some promising prospects. Its mostly timber where i hunt so its a little tougher to get a good census as there aren't the fields to spot them in. Talked to the lady I lease from and they just bought some more ground, not sure I can get that too, but i'm damn sure going to try! I've got geese on the brain right now though, early season is Sept 1 and we're going to wear them out that first morning!

14mercs 08-25-2009 01:28 PM

Looks like another team with next to no participation. We are dead last for posts which to me equals no enthusiasm. Well the three of us will have to shoot over 1100 inches of rack to win this thing. Go team!

Diesel77 08-26-2009 04:27 AM

Hey 14mercs I think participation is down all around the forum, but fear not, my team #5 only has a few guys posting as well so we are right with you on posts, think we had like 14. Maybe we can combine the more active members of both teams lol!! Most of the fun was getting to know new peeps, and just BSing about stuff we all love to do, some more than others.

YooperMike 08-26-2009 08:28 AM

Definetely pretty slow around here this year, tons of newbies, which is fine, just participate. I'm hoping the teams get combined in a week or so, reduce the number of teams a little.

eng40sqd 08-26-2009 12:24 PM

It is not low participation it is the fact that some of us have a ton of things going on right now and can not spend alot of time posting on the computer about what we would like to do. Personally I am spending the most time I can out making preperations for things to come instead of sitting inside, with access to around 9,000 acres in different areas I dont ever have enough time to get all the scouting done lol

ALl this in addition to my obligations to Mossy Oak and Scent Lok keeps me moving more than typing LOL

huntinboy1122 08-26-2009 04:57 PM

Hey guys sorry it took me so long to check in i have been really busy. im really excited about this year. ill be hunting in illinois, indiana, and possibly wisconsin as well. Im from the south suburbs of chicago, Lemont to be specific for those of you who live in illinois. where are you from yoopermike?

sdprice1 08-26-2009 06:01 PM

Sorry about not posting more fellas. I am quiet busy with the beginning of the semester plus I do all the IT work at church(building a new building) and scouting has kept me busy for the last month and a half. I will try to get on more often but if you need anything just send me a message.

huntinboy1122 08-26-2009 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by eng40sqd (Post 3420639)
It is not low participation it is the fact that some of us have a ton of things going on right now and can not spend alot of time posting on the computer about what we would like to do. Personally I am spending the most time I can out making preperations for things to come instead of sitting inside, with access to around 9,000 acres in different areas I dont ever have enough time to get all the scouting done lol

ALl this in addition to my obligations to Mossy Oak and Scent Lok keeps me moving more than typing LOL

Thats it? Haha.

This is my first time in the competition but I have followed a few of them along. I guess if you guys want we should try to come up with a team name or graphic possibly?

NCRemington700 08-26-2009 06:43 PM

Good luck Mike! We'll have to get together for that beer on my way up to Carroll county in October.

BUCKMARK 08-26-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by NCRemington700 (Post 3421135)
Good luck Mike! We'll have to get together for that beer on my way up to Carroll county in October.

Are you driving in with Andy? I hunt in the county that borders Carrol.

YooperMike 08-27-2009 03:49 AM

Thanks Rem, for sure, when are you going to be heading up there? Let me know, and we'll get together on your way through or back, hopefully with a giant rack sticking out of the bed.

Welcome to the latest additions, glad to have you! I'm in Heyworth, just south of Bloomington/Normal but I hunt along the Mackinaw over closer to Peoria.

As for a team name, i'm cool with whatever, I have NO graphic ability, so as far as that goes, i'm of no help. We are team nine, anything go cleverly with that?

NCRemington700 08-27-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK (Post 3421144)
Are you driving in with Andy? I hunt in the county that borders Carrol.

Yep, sure are. Andy and I live about 10 minutes from each other.

Originally Posted by YooperMike (Post 3421379)
Thanks Rem, for sure, when are you going to be heading up there? Let me know, and we'll get together on your way through or back, hopefully with a giant rack sticking out of the bed.

Our hunt dates are October 24-31st (Saturday to Saturday). We'll be starting our trip on the 22nd (Thursday) and arriving in Lanark sometime on the 23rd (Friday). We're gonna try and split the ride up. Its about a 16 hour drive, according to my GPS.

14mercs 08-27-2009 05:37 PM

Team November New Moon

Team Treestands and Tactics

YooperMike 08-28-2009 03:35 AM

I like the new moon name, we could have a cool graphic for that, something like the silouette of a buck in front of a moon maybe?

huntinboy1122 08-28-2009 12:34 PM

i think thats a cool idea for the graphic, and it could look good. im surprised to see how many guys are from illinois on the team. hopefully we can all get the job done this year. anyone have any good prospects they are watching. mercs, i tried sending you a pm but your inbox is full it said.

14mercs 08-28-2009 02:27 PM

Inbox clear. Send away. I hate to promote my own team name, but lets do it. Who makes graphics now?

sdprice1 08-28-2009 08:13 PM

I will try in the next day or two to get some kind of graphic together to see if you guys like it. I am ok with graphics and hopefully I can do something good looking

YooperMike 08-29-2009 03:34 AM

Awesome, i'll let Rob know about the team name so he can change it on the thread title. November New Moon it is!

huntinboy1122 08-29-2009 07:36 AM

awesome. i cant wait for this season to start

eng40sqd 08-30-2009 06:35 AM

Getting ready to go adjust some stands today as there have been a few new ones put into the corsshairs for this season. This new tract we just picked up, is 850 acres of archery only hunting. It has not been hunted in 5 years ( I was actually the last person to hunt this tract when the former landowner passed) and it shows it. We saw 18 bucks in the field the other evening aroudn dinner time, out of those 18 bucks 12 easily met the QDM minimums we are using (16" and 3 per side or 18") out of those 12 bucks 5 were easy P&Y and otu of those 5 bucks 3 were freak nasty huge, espically for around here. They were between 21" and 26" inside spreads on them with one of them being super tall (probably 20" to the top of the rack) and all of them with massive thickness throughout. If someone is not a believer in QDM this should do it for them. 5 years to grow has done wonders for these deer. So with that being said I am moving some stands to hunt this area and hopfeully come Oct/Nov will be adding some bone to our score! If you couldnt tell these deer have me stoked now, honestly it was like something on TV not a normal scene around here (although it proves with proper managment it could be a regular sight).

huntinboy1122 08-30-2009 06:50 AM

Thats awesome man. Have fun moving stands. Im still trying to find more tracts to hunt closer to home but have found one really small one around 5 acres, but the deer still pass through it. Does anyone have any prospects lined up for the season already or is any seeing any good deer?

YooperMike 08-30-2009 02:27 PM

Sounds like an awesome situation wth land like that hasn't been touched in so long. Good luck out there! Tuesday morning i'll be on my back in a hay field as it is the goose opener here, which should be awesome, then its time to focus again on the deer. Did a bunch of shooting today at various distances out the treestand I have up in the backyard, everything feels great. I've been battling a good amount of pain in my left shoulder for a couple years, but it has really felt pretty good the last couple months, which is a nice relief. It only has to hold out for one shot though! Beautiful weekend weather, cool mornings sure have my mind wandering to the woods.

14mercs 08-30-2009 04:53 PM

There happens to be a 180 or better hanging out across the road from my house. I saw him twice last weekend and then twice during the week. If I could edit the video I could youtube it. 11pt with 22 - 23 inside spread and a gigantic body to boot. HuntingBoy could tell you all I tell no lies. I need to arrow this guy opening night.

huntinboy1122 08-30-2009 05:56 PM

I will definitetly attest to what mercs has to say. I would never second guess him.He has no reason to lie and does not lie. He definitely puts in his time and has harvested some big deer. Sounds like a great buck and best of luck to you in your quest to harvest. Good luck yooper in the early goose opener. wish i could be out there. my mind is stuck on hunting all together. I cant wait for any season to open

sdprice1 08-30-2009 08:28 PM

Logo

Ok here is the logo that I threw together today. Any feedback on what I could change or do better are welcome. Let me know and I can see what I can do.

YooperMike 08-31-2009 04:45 AM

Big fan of the logo, nice job! thanks a ton for putting it together.

sdprice1 08-31-2009 06:59 AM

No problem. Glad you like it. I can change anything about it so nobody be shy if you think something needs to be changed.

KSBOHUNTR 08-31-2009 05:35 PM

Derek here from KS checking in. Been really busy and just remembered I had to check in. I was the only one on the team last year to down a buck (120") and looking forward to putting up another score for the team along with the rest of you. Last year I had 3 140" deer running the area and a family member that rifle hunts there didn't get any of them or the neibor so hoping they are still around. Good Luck.

YooperMike 09-01-2009 04:34 AM

Hey KS, glad to have you. I attempted a PM, but there are 4 variations of your username, and I didn't know which was the right one. Good luck this season!