Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team November New Moon Thread (9) >

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team November New Moon Thread (9)

Old 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

only a few more days til opening for me....
Old 09-28-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Getting closer! These cooler temps are great too, BIG change over the last couple years!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

WELL... Went to our farm and got ALOT done this weekend.. hung 2 new sets and moved one.. the corn on our property is dry and they are taking some out this week! Everything is adding up to greatness.. got some AWESOME rut stands hung.. I am pretty pumped about everything.. I forgot my camera so I won't be posting any pics today.. I will be there opening weekend to hunt and film with my buddy... I will keep you updated!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The weather seems to be deteriorating as the days go on. Friday looks awfully wet and windy, same for Saturday, and just wind on Sunday. Have to play it by ear I suppose and just see how it looks. I'll be out there at some point though I'm sure. Next weekend we're heading up the UP to do some bird hunting with my brother and dad, hang a couple rifle stands, and get some trails put it. Should be a fun time, and if the weather cooperates, there may be some musky fishing in the mix as well, depending how the bird hunting goes. Either way, only one more day until the opener!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

rain spoiled my hunt today, anyone elses?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry I havent been on much our season opens Sat. Hope to update you all during the week. I wont be out first day to due to work obligations but I will be out all day Tuesday. Good luck to all of you.. looking forward to my Illinois trip in November.I eel a good year coming..
Old 10-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hit the woods for the first time in '09 last night. Weather wasn't great, rainy and gusty winds, but it does a body to get out there. I hadn't hunted this area last year, so I wasn't really certain where the deer would be coming from, trails crisscrossing all over the place. The wind I THOUGHT would be good for this spot, or at least coming from a direction that would be the least offensive. I saw a small 8 point, he came by 3 times at about 15 yards, upwind, right where I figured the deer would come. So, I was happy with that. A deer blew downwind of me, but it was a ways away, so I can't be sure that it was me it was blowing at, but with the direction and strength of the wind, its entirely possible that I got winded at a distance.

Overall, good first hunt. I think I'm going to move this particular stand though maybe 50 yards, then i'll be happier with the prospect of different winds. Going out again tonight, so we'll see what happens!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

first weekend of opener was good. I got to sit over 20hrs in the stand. Saw a bunch of does but no horns and nothing close enough to take a shot at. Still looking for that first bow kill....hopefully gonna get back out on thursday
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you saw some deer at least. I won't be out this weekend, heading up to do some bird hunting with my dad and bro, which will be fun. I'm not totally upset about not bowhunting this weekend, if I stay out now, it will just be better later on when things get crankin. That's the plan anyway!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

I wish I was able to get out this weekend but I have to go up to my granparents cabin to close it for them. Take dock out rake leaves, winterizing. I cant wait it should be a fun weekend. Hopefully get out more next week with the colder temps moving in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.