Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 10-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

man im bummed!! i got all pumped to go in the morning...the high is like 55 degrees....then i seen the wind...40-45mph gusts!!!! i wont be in a tree!!

guess i'll spend the day prepping and making sure the gear is ready...probably not a bad idea to throw the hunting clothes through the wash...get the climber ready etc...im ready to hit the timber!!!

think im gunna take the girl spotting tonite...she might be a keeper..it was her idea! lol...hopefully we can beat the rain...i wanna see some BONE!!!

thursday and saturday look good...next week looks good temp wise..highs in the mid 50s!! the fever is starting to kick in!!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

well, me n the girl did end up going spotting for a while...spotted around the home spots but with so much standing corn spotting was very difficult...not to mention with the corn and acorns likely raining down, seeing deer in the open fields is tough...it is every year...

did see one absolute SLUG..he was either still shedding velvet or has a really nice drop tine...im gunna go back and see if its huntable land or if i can get permission, but that block is sealed up pretty tight..i wont even get my hopes up...but he makes it up there to one of the bigger bucks ive gotten a good look at in the wild...if he came past my stand i might fall out and never get a shot..

did see 1 other legal shooter, but it too was in a spot i know i cant hunt...or, dont think i can. could posssssibly be a way into those woods, but i wont hold my breath..the owner patrols it and has cams up so i am pretty sure he hunts and wont let me..might ask though as i know it always has some really nice bucks...

the only notable thing from my area was a doe that was hobbling pretty bad...she actually came off my honey hole hill...hopefully she hobbles by in the next week or 2 as i wont think twice about taking the shot if i can get one...she can likely recover, but i dont wanna see that all year...and i rather put her in the freezer than have the yotes get her...not looking forward to that..but i'll be glad to take her and get some meat in the freezer...and with only 1 bow kill under my belt, i need some expirience...if i can get it out of the way with a doe, i might be able to hold out for a little nicer buck...maybe..lol...

we reduced the herd greatly throughout the state...and my area is actually lumped into a special reg area with extended doe seasons and is a small piece of a co and is one of the only special reg areas rifles are allowed...so our herd got mowed heavily so i typically wont take a doe around here...but i dont need to think about taking her out...shes getting a slick trick if she comes by my tree while im in it...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the next time I'll be going out is Thursday morning if I can get off work early. Has everyone's seasons started now?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was gonan sit lastnight but the weather just didnt give me the chance. Looks like great weather today in Wi other than a little blustery. Great temps and looks like a BIG COOL down the rest of the week. This should get them bucks moving real well now. When I got out of my stand the other nite, I looked towards my other stand over looking one of our cornfields and there had to have been 12-16 deer out there...I think its time to utilize that spot a little more now.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's suppose to be very breezy and rainy with some big gusts all day today. With the acorns dropping really now and these wind gusts, and a major front hitting today and a major front hitting tomorrow afternoon sunds like Thursday morning will be a great time to hit my stands on the oak ridges that are full of acorns. I can't wait. This could be my first opportunity to see one of those big boys I seen all summer.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

im in the same boat MOTF...same weather here...and i believe tomorrow morning will be a good day to be out....i'll be in the honey hole...hoping that gimpy doe or a shooter buck comes by...

still kicking around the idea of heading out now...its not terriblly windy...borderline...if it was the rut id be out...and it looks like around 5pm its going to drop off some...could be a great evening if it dies down....i dont know...i cant decide...would only take me a few minutes to throw fresh blades on the grizz tricks and grab the gear...its ready to go for the most part.....
Old 10-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sat out lastnight over looking my corn field. Had a decent doe and a yearling come in, the doe never offered me a shot. The yearling came right under mystand. Go figure. I got out of my stand just as it was getting dark, as Im on my way back to my car, whats on the other side of the cornfield???? the same 16 deer or so....they are laying in the corn all day long. I dont blame them really. It provides great cover and accessible all day buffet. It was quite windy most of the evening. Hoping today is better.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

that standing corn can be tough wis...

sat the first time this morning...didnt see anything other than a groundhog and a few squirrels...beautiful morning...but nothin came by me....i even sat clear till noon...

noticed some vultures flying around...the gimpy doe may have died already...

not sure when i'll get back out...looks like a wash out the next few days..we'll see...
Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

nothing to report from me a few does here and there but nothing on the ground yet.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out Thursday morning and all I seen was a 1 1/2 yr old 6 point. Probably won't be back out until Saturday morning or evening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.