Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23) >

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Old 09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

You would rub it in with those backstraps, Strut! J/K...nothing again this morning...super windy. I will go again in the morning, Lord willing, and possibly relocate my stand if nothing is happening.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Bible Man. I won't tell you what I had for dinner tonight then RI starts Thursday but I don't think I'll be getting out for the opener. I did just score a new piece of land today though. There's an Island that has a "deer problem". I had a stand there basically in someone's back yard a couple years ago. I saw deer there 2 out of 3 times I hunted it but didn't hunt it after that. I left the stand there and the guy who hooked me up with the landowner told me his son took maybe 5 deer from my stand last year, lol. Anyway, I just scored about 6 acres to hunt very close to that spot. 6 acres may not be much, but I bet its going to be an interesting place to sit. Unfortunately, the way this state works I'll have to buy separate tags to hunt there though. Oh well.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Starting to pace around, waiting for season to open here.

I got my volunteer hours in and passed the shooting proficiency test, so I'm good to go on the university property that I hunt.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HNI_Christine
Starting to pace around, waiting for season to open here.

I got my volunteer hours in and passed the shooting proficiency test, so I'm good to go on the university property that I hunt.
Thursday By the way, I got to hang stands back up at the Raceway for my Tuesday and Thursday night hunts.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally saw some today! Only does, but still gets the blood going. My wife and I were out and saw 5 of them...had a slight possibility on one of them, but waited hoping she would turn towards us a little for a better shot. Didn't happen. But, it was great fun. Really anxious to get my first bow kill. Gonna be a cool one in the morning...maybe I'll have a chance.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:13 AM
Spike

Did we get the 2 deer our team has shot in the score card yet?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think they have been entered yet. There is a 10 day time frame, but I think we are ok since they have already been posted here and just not scored.

-john
Old 09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TX_Hoghunter
I don't think they have been entered yet. There is a 10 day time frame, but I think we are ok since they have already been posted here and just not scored.

-john
I didn't post mine in the score thread yet. Like TX said, they have been posted here and I believe the 10 day thing is to prevent people from trying to hold out for a bigger buck. I'm not quite sure if I'm scoring my deer correctly, but if I am its a whopping 33 2/8.

Edit: I just found something that shows how to score deer and some of the questions I had about scoring a 4 point were answered. I think I was skipping some of the circumference measurements because of the lack of points. I'm going to rescore it tomorrow and get it posted up.

Last edited by RIStrutStopper; 09-30-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RIStrutStopper
I didn't post mine in the score thread yet. Like TX said, they have been posted here and I believe the 10 day thing is to prevent people from trying to hold out for a bigger buck. I'm not quite sure if I'm scoring my deer correctly, but if I am its a whopping 33 2/8.
Probably are scoring correctly with a fork horn. But hey, that is coming in higher than my 0 so far! And, you are eating well...don't remind me.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bible_Man
Probably are scoring correctly with a fork horn. But hey, that is coming in higher than my 0 so far! And, you are eating well...don't remind me.
My daughter called from work practically demanding venison for dinner tonight. I'm glad she loves it, but she did take most of what I grilled up, lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.