Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 10-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

dat a gurl..hope ya saved sum blod , can practice around the house when yall get home.. gl on ur buk, then another doe? or 2? and another buk?
Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

fshafly, Congrats on the Doe, nice shot Quartering away. The dog is ready congrats on her as well

I saw couple of bucks this morning, a fork horn not legal, small 8 point legat but not what i want to put my tag on.

i'm tryin a new spot tonight, a freiend has told me to try this spot, deer are always in it. should be a good night for it.

i dont know much about the area but i'll try it what the heck huh????????
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good Mathews PA! good luck tonight! I'm so jealous, sitting at work just doesnt compare!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job FSH! I have a little mini daschund too...my plan has been to train her, but I haven't yet. I have the book and I just need to make the time. She's almost a year, and has a great nose. Should be fun...and I should have been doing it over the last 6mos at least.

I almost had a chance at a doe the other evening. My plans changed and I quick ran out and up a tree. 45 mins later, here she comes....a solo doe. She came all the way in to 15yds, but was right behind me. I was turned facing the tree...waiting for her to come across to my shooting lane, and of course she stops about 10ft short, and walks straight back away from me. Bummed, I wanted to whack her. Oh well, next time. Only been out a couple times....maybe thurs if its not pouring.

Good luck Ed...thats a pretty nice buck in your pic, I would have a hard time passing him I know.

Mike
Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer about not gettin a shot at the Doe Mike, so goes bowhunting i guess...

I was able to do some shooting yesterday eve and was satisfied, I've only been able to practice a handfull of times this year, so it was good to get more practice in. I hope to fire off a few more tonight before I leave for VA thurs. It's calling for cold and rainy weather this weekend where I'm going, but only sporadic rain, which is my fav. kind of weather to hunt in. There's a good chance I might be able to have a shot at a bear!! Can't wait to get out there.

I'll be checkin the cam tonight, and I'll be sure to post any good photos.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

I went out last night. Didn't see anything. Rained this morning but Dad and I are heading out this afternoon.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Ed....where in VA are you going?

Boy was I trying to get out this morning...it was awesome! 40 deg, no wind...gorgeous! Just didn't work out....and of course now its raining. Hoping to get out in the next couple days again. Tomorrow I have plenty of time, but its supposed to rain all day. grrr
Old 10-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck with the bear Ed!

Busy day for me guys. I was on the stand this morning and rattled when a pack of 'yotes showed up. I missed my first shot at one going by at a fast trot. I kissed the back of my hand, and that held the pack while I picked off the adult female and a young male. The fourth yote got a shave from a hurried shot. If I had more arrows, I might of got him, lol. First time I have ever seen yotes in So MD.

I moved for an afternoon hunt, and picked off another doe:

Unfortunately, lots of rain in the forecast over the next several days will limit my time out...

-fsh
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Typical Buck

Great job on the yotes
Good pics also
Congrats on another Doe
How many doe tags do you get or can you get.

The yotes should count for something anyways in my book.
Congrats all the way round

The new spot didn't work. Just saw a flock of turkeys.

The kids have been seeing deer in the field behind my house. I going to try a crack one them tonight

Chris
Old 10-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mathews pa bowhunter
fsh

great job on the yotes
good pics also
congrats on another doe
how many doe tags do you get or can you get.

The yotes should count for something anyways in my book.
Congrats all the way round

the new spot didn't work. Just saw a flock of turkeys.

The kids have been seeing deer in the field behind my house. I going to try a crack one them tonight

chris
congrats fsh on the yotes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.