HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team BowBums Thread (2) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300936-official-team-bowbums-thread-2-a.html)

NavyDeerHunter 11-25-2009 09:45 AM

Nice job Bob...really nice deer and the yote is a bonus.

BTBowhunter 11-25-2009 05:41 PM

Thanks!

Thought about mounting the yote life size but common sense about available space and the budget prevailed. He was a big male with a flawless coat so He's getting case skinned and tanned and I'll euro mount the skull.

sandilands 11-25-2009 07:28 PM

Sorry Guys.... to make a bad season even worse. My bow was just stolen out of my car. The only thing the bastards left was my quiver. I'm out. Probabley for a long time, spring bear for sure maybe ven next year for deer. :( With a divorce this past spring and everything that goes with that I have no funds for a new one. Maybe not even for next year.

BTBowhunter 11-26-2009 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by sandilands (Post 3512186)
Sorry Guys.... to make a bad season even worse. My bow was just stolen out of my car. The only thing the bastards left was my quiver. I'm out. Probabley for a long time, spring bear for sure maybe ven next year for deer. :( With a divorce this past spring and everything that goes with that I have no funds for a new one. Maybe not even for next year.

Wow that really sucks. Sorry to hear that for sure. I know its a long shot but I hope you catch the lowlife!

John Deer 11-27-2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by sandilands (Post 3512186)

Wow really sorry to hear that. I hope things work out for you.

John Deer 11-27-2009 12:47 PM

I killed this buck with my rifle on Wednesday morning. I saw 22 deer that morning and he came by at 1030 after I grunted a buck tending grunt and a couple of doe bleats with my tru talker. He's my best buck to date and I'm happy I was able to take him, but I really wish I would have had my bow with me that morning. I ended up shooting him at 7 yards with my 30-06 and it would have been a chip shot with the bow. Oh well, I've still got another buck tag to fill and over a month left to hunt so I'll be out there trying to get it done with the bow. I just wish I could have taken this one with it. He scores 140 6/8's.

Schultzy 11-27-2009 05:25 PM

Sweet buck JD regardless of the weapon used, congratulation's to you!! Congratulation's also to you BTB!!

Sandiland, anything I can do to help? PM me.

As some of you know I hit a nice buck back on October 19th. I've saw him 3 times since but finally I was able to get a trail cam video of him on where I hit him. He's hit a little high In the shoulder. :s6: View It In high quality (HQ). Here It Is-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VumaYcqZsdo

danscott 11-30-2009 05:41 AM

Congrats JD. I got one during our first gun season. We have two more that will be the next two weekends, 12/4 & 12/11. After that back to the bow.

danscott 11-30-2009 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully here is a pic.

John Deer 12-02-2009 11:38 AM

I found a fence crossing a few days ago that is absolutely tore up. The deer are crossing the fence from a brushy hillside and entering a staging area just off of a large wheat field. I've never seen so much hair on a fence or on the ground. There is a perfect sized hackberry tree about 20 yards up the hill from the fence. Looks like I'll be setting my stand in that tree and hunting it hard for the next few weeks. Good luck to the rest of you.