Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18) >

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

Old 09-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PABuck_HNTR
No I try to stay away from the streams once the steeleys start running. Unless I can get out during the week. The weekends are a zoo.

I was at shorewood on tuesday just messing around.Took the wife and dogs for a ride to North East. I believe that is 12 or 14 mile can't remember. I live a stones throw away from Cascade Creek. Let me know when you head up I'll come out and meet you.
That would be 20 mile in North East. I hear ya about the weekends, that's why if I go, I usually go out on Wed. morning, fish all day, get a room, fish til late afternoon on Thursday, and head home { three hour drive}. Sometimes do Tues-Wed. Regardless of what anyone has ever told you, retirement isn't overrated!! LMAO.

I usually fish Elk, from Folleys up. Lots of water, when there is water. Have yet to fish Cascade, but I like 20 M. as an alternative to Elk, when there's water. I helped a farmer several years ago get cattle back inside fence at 20 M., posted land, and he gave me permisson since.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Here is a another pic of him..Name:  2008 buck.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  20.7 KB
Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PABuck_HNTR
Hey whoever did our team avatar it looks great. I would like to maybe get a t-shirt made up of that, if they could add the R at the end of Boone....LOL
Haha holy crap I never even noticed that! I'll send Jenna a PM real quick to see if she can fix it.

Went out to the woods again this morning...nothing. It was a beautiful morning in the woods. I'll try again this afternoon.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:35 AM
Host of Hosts

That would be 20 mile in North East. I hear ya about the weekends, that's why if I go, I usually go out on Wed. morning, fish all day, get a room, fish til late afternoon on Thursday, and head home { three hour drive}. Sometimes do Tues-Wed. Regardless of what anyone has ever told you, retirement isn't overrated!! LMAO.

Actually 20 mile is closer to the NY border. I have fished it quite often years ago. The mile designation is made up from the center of Erie toward NY..Hence 20 mile being 20 miles from center of Erie....
Old 09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Anybody seeing any bucks, around here about 50% have lost there velvet..
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

All the ones I have seen lately have been hard antlered or just a bit of velvet hanging. Our season opens sept 21 this season a week earlier than years past. Can't wait to get back in the trees.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sent Jenna a PM about fixing our avatar. She said she would get right on it.

I've seen a couple bucks in full velvet and a couple that have shed. I'd say its about 50/50 here too.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Its my fault not jennas, I must of sent it to her that way and I forgot to put the "r" at the end!!!! My Bad!!!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I got all my plots planted on Monday. We planted about 8 acres all together with wheat, rye, oats, austrian winter peas, and purple top turnips. We bought 400 lbs of seed for $137 at the local feed and seed. If we would have bought the same amount of the fall wildlife mix it would have cost over $240. It is a heck of a lot cheaper when you buy all the seed seperate and mix it yourself. Now I am just hoping for some rain. It rained about an inch at the house today but I don't think the farm got anything. We still have a chance of rain through Sunday, so maybe we will get some.

My brother and I hung a stand on Monday as well. The oak that we hung the stand in is loaded with acorns. There is probably about 3 nuts for every leaf. That is a very good sign b/c we have about a 40 acre patch of thick oak trees to the north of us. Every year we have a good acorn crop it draws deer from the river and we normally have great success. I am keeping my fingers crossed and looking forward to the upcoming season.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you will have them comming in from miles around Miller. As far as the logo goes Boone Busters works too, as in Boone and Crocket. Bucks still in bachlor groups here hitting the beans hard. The acorns are starting to fall so they will be looking for the big white oaks to browse under soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.