Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5) >

Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5)

Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thnx Kelly!!!

Originally Posted by Kelly/KY
Congrats Andy...I've been busy with my own adventure to check in. Great buck and way to put one down for the team man.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Spike

Congrats Andy! That is one nice looking Buck. Nice work on getting the team on the board! I will be hunting this evening, hopefully I can get another on the board!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Woohoo, nice work my friend!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Burning up a few vacation days. Been kinda tough saving them up through the summer but I want to be able to hit it hard once November shows. up. We'll see how it looks later this week. Will be nice to be out in the woods hunting finally. New bow is all dialed in, woohoo!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

I finally got out of Monday and saw some action. I wound up passing on two does when I saw what looked like a nice eight trailing them. But when the shot presented it self I wasn't sure about whether or not he had browtines of course once I saw that he did I couldn't get a shot. Oh well he wasn't the big boy I was after anyway, but a fat juicy doe would have been nice.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've haven't been in a stand since coming back from my moose hunt, so I do apologize for the absence. I'll be back at it next weekend and then off to Kansas on Nov 2nd. Hope everyone's October is great and the deer are thick in your neck of the woods.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, I was up in No. Michigan at my brothers camp last weekend, seen lots of does but no bucks. Hunted in Illinois this evening on public land and had this doe come in at 45yds. at 4 pm. Too far for me.

Then at 5:30 this nice 2 1/2yr. old 8pt. comes in to the same spot as the doe. I figure he goes about 115-120. This guy meandered around for an hour but I just couldn't get him to come any closer. He would look when I blew on the grunt call but that was about it. Sorry about the blurry pic.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I haven't been on in a while, but I hope everyone's season is going well. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to hunt, because most of my time has been occupied with trying to finish up my degree, and I'm also in the process of purchasing a new home.

I did get a chance to scout the 100 acres that I just received permission to hunt, and it looks really good. Lots of food sources and quite a few scrapes, so there's some buck activity. The property owner has seen some "bull winkles," and found a shed with 6 points on one side, so that's a good sign. I'm hoping to get out this week a few afternoons, so hopefully I can put some points on the board for us.

I have a question for everyone. I have always hunted with a compound, but this year I purchased a crossbow for my 12 year old daughter to use, because she can't pull back her compound yet. On most occassions, I will hunt from treestands and use my compound out of preferrence, but there's a hot area that I will only be able to use my pop-up blind, and it would be easier--due to the size of my blind--to use the crossbow. Would anyone have a problem with that? It's legal here in Michigan, and therefore within the confines of the contest rules, but out of respect for the team, I thought I would ask.

Best of luck to everyone!

Roy
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Michbowhunter
I have a question for everyone. I have always hunted with a compound, but this year I purchased a crossbow for my 12 year old daughter to use, because she can't pull back her compound yet. On most occassions, I will hunt from treestands and use my compound out of preferrence, but there's a hot area that I will only be able to use my pop-up blind, and it would be easier--due to the size of my blind--to use the crossbow. Would anyone have a problem with that? It's legal here in Michigan, and therefore within the confines of the contest rules, but out of respect for the team, I thought I would ask.

Best of luck to everyone!

Roy
Thanks for thinking of us Roy but if it's legal in your state and abides by contest rules then go for it and good luck.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in guys...it's been a busy October, but I'm finally back in the stand in the morning. Cams have shown nothing. Mostly due to my lack of attention. Hope everyone's seeing plenty of deer and I'm eager to see November coming up quick. Heading to KS on Nov 2nd, so with some luck and good weather it shouldn't be too long. Hunt hard.

Kelly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.