Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going in january.to penntech at williamsport pa.

Ryan.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

well boyz im heading out friday about noon to the property, im excited cause i got permission to hunt a friends place too. i will be in the stand all weekend. im hoping for the best. good luck and be safe fellas.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted Monday and saw one doe and one three point. Seems to be very slow in my area due the the heavy acorn crop. My buddy who owns a butcher shop says this is his slowest year ever. Hunted yesturday and saw just one doe. I'm going to give it heck tomorrow morning again.

Dave
Old 10-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

well guys got home late last night from my weekend hunt. i seen a total of 3 deer all on my last night...2 does and a buck. hate to say it but i passed on the buck, he was a 6 but he had some beam length, tines were small. i decided to pass on him cause i know there is better. it still was a fun hunt he was only 10 yards from me. it took him 20 mins. to close about a 60 yard distance between me and when i fist saw him. he would take a few steps and stop. i gotta 4 sraight days starting october 30 that i will be hunting.
How was everyones weekend, anybody see any movement? just a few rubs and scarpes is all ive seen so far here in ohio.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. Not much to report from Kansas City. Was out Saturday evening on public land and it was a nice 36 degrees - but didn't see anything again. The rub near my stand hasn't been hit for a while so I'm thinking of checking for trails this coming Saturday and resetting at least one stand. There was a dead coyote, just a pile of bones, 20 yds in front of my stand so I'm wondering if someone hopped up in my stand and popped him. I'm not familiar with this new place so it's really difficult to figure out, but I see plenty of tracks.
I have 4 trail cams set out at my friends new property. My plans are to go check them on the 25th before the chasing begins. Good luck guys.
-cp
Old 10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Weekend hunts were decent, I'm at least seeing deer almost every sit. No shooter bucks though, and the only does that seem to offer me shots are the fawns.
Had a good morning today, saw 5 bucks but they were all really small.

Leaving soon for the evening sit.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Okay guys, what's everyone doing this weekend? Trying anything different?
I plan to go out to the public land on Sat morn, hunt til about 10 then search for a couple of new treestand locations. Just, didn't get the traffic (yet). I hate to move them now, but if I find some hot trails, then it will probably pay off later when the chasing begins.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 0 for 10....... I'm extremely well known for Tagging out on the First week. Karma is a ***** I guess. not much to say... Kinda feelin down bigtime right now. I'll catch up with you guys later in the week.... OHH and its Snowing. With all the leaves on the trees too. I just hope we don't lose too many trees tonight... or tomorrow... Actually its going to snow from friday to sunday.

Ryan.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang Ryan, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Not really sure what to tell ya, sounds like your doing everything right, it just sounds like bad luck. Well ill be out some this weekend but i think im gonna lay off a little till the rut. I hung a new stand this weekend it a spot that looks promising, so we'll see how that turns out. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Yea, Ryan that's really frustrating, but look at it this way. As captain of our team you have made me feel better with my 0 for 3 outings! I'm sure it will pick up. For me, I've typically gotten my deer during the last 2 weeks of October - before the rut.
Good luck guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.