Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30) >

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Antler Kings Thread (30)

Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. it was a blast. that is the buck i wanted. he's not huge but he's the biggest buck that was hanging around my woods. i had pics in velvet of a nice 10 but haven't gotten pics of him since mid august.

i'm going to the minnesota camp ripley hunt in 2 weeks. did you all see the buck shot out of there this week? unbelievable knarly 32 point monster. the guy that shot it is cousins w/ a friend of mine. i can't wait for that hunt. i'm rifle hunting in mn and wisconsin this year too so I have some hunting left in me this year

Last edited by RackLuster; 10-22-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey everyone I shot one two days ago. He is one of our three year old cull bucks, but he is pretty big still. Really messed up rack. Only went thirty yards before pilling up. Will put the tape on him later, but Im guessing around 120's-130's
Old 10-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

stabnslab- congrats looking foreward to seeing a picture. WTG
Pat
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats! lets see some pics!!!!

I wish i could say '120' and 'cull' in the same sentence.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

stabnslab-????? pictures?????? you must be out hunting
Old 10-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats stabnslab! Now lets see those pics!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

not much chatter here did anyone get out over the week end if so how did it go? seeing anything. mistakes made??help us not make the same.
things should start picking up here soon.
I should be hunting in Alberta in a week from today,for evening hunt always a challenge going into area cold i have hunted it once 4-5 years ago came across spot i think will be great ( if i can relocate it) heavily used trail from river bottom to the forest that is on the way , not close, to hay fields. my B-I-L does not bowhunt and really just getting me on property ...not setting up stands or sites ahead of time. I did ask if he might be able to get the farmer to leave couple stretegically placed hay bales ( large bales) in field near travel path for deer....to help hide my double bull. will use my summit stand at the trail i mentioned ....if i can find it.
good luck guys ...be safe Pat
Old 10-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Pat: I took last thursday and friday off work for a nice long weekend to hunt and woke up Friday morn with the FLU! So that shortened my weekend i did manage to drag my sick Arse out of bed sat evening and sit for a few hours only saw a little spike doggin the heck out of a doe! Atleast its starting to heat up here Im feeling alot better now if i can get the inlaws to watch the kids this weekend i'll be out on Saturday. Gd Luck All!

Oh and Stabandslab where are those pics?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats stabnslab! Got pics? Story??
Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys does anyone know how to post pics, Ive never done this before. I had a buddy score him at 138 1/4. The story is actually pretty short. It was a Wednesday morning and everyone thought I was nuts going out hunting because it was raining. I checked the radar and it looked like it was going to clear up but it got worse. Everything was wet so I got to my stand undected. I pulled my bow up and I noticed a buck trying to sneak through the thicket behind me. He was about fifty yards and I grunted at him he turned around and headed back where he came from. I hit the rattle bag and he came right up to a tree 22yards away and tore it up. Its now 6:55 am and it was still kinda dark and I can see its a buck we didn't want to breed so I drew back and settled the pin on him and let the arrow fly. Perfect broadside shot and I watched the arrow go right threw him.

I knew I had to make the perfect shot because of the rain. I made sure everything was lined up and level and touched the release. The buck only ran 30 yards before he piled up. Those slick tricks did its job again. The heart was just laying in the diaphram and both lunds destroyed. It kinda looked like a murder sceen. Ill try to get those pics...........thanks guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.