Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Summer Outdoor League Rules 7/13/08 >

Summer Outdoor League Rules 7/13/08

2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Summer Outdoor League Rules 7/13/08

Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Summer Outdoor League Rules 7/13/08

STARTING SUNDAY 7/13/08

Hey there guys/gals...

Wanted to get a Summer Outdoor League going.

Here are the Rules....

-30 arrows
-5 arrows per end
- 2 ends per distance
-6 ends perround
-150 - 30x is a perfect score
- Hunter class distances of 20, 30, 40 yards (measured)
- Open class distances of 30, 40, 50 yards(measured)
-4 weeks total
- Drop your lowest score
- No handicaps
- Scored 5x-5-4-3

I chose this target not only for the challege but also to save our bags/blocks. [ul][*]Each shooter is allowed1x missed weeks during the4 week league. This missed week will be counted as a 0 with an x count of 0 for that week. Each shooter will be able to drop 1 week oftheir scores at the end of the league, so a single missed week won't matter, we will simply drop the score of your missed week.[*]Rounds can be shot any day of the week. Scores MUST be posted on the official scores thread NO LATER thanSunday @ 9:00pm CST each week. If you post a score at 9:01 pm, your score will OFFICIALLY be zero. All scores posted must include your score and X count for all 30 arrows.[*]Scores must be submitted in the following format and must include what class you shot it - You may cut and paste this below and then reformat with your score #'s each week:

End Score X
1 25 4
2 25 4
3 25 4
4 25 5
5 25 4
6 25 3
150 24X - Open Class [/ul] [ul][*]Please no discussion in the scoring threads, please open another thread for discussion. This makes it much easier for me to sort through and calculate scores and averages.[*]X’s will be used as tie breakers.[*]Photos of the target are not required with your score, but we reserve the right to request said photo. Failure to comply will result in a ZERO score. Save those targets! If you need, use a calculator to make sure you are writing the correct score down. [8D][*]If you truly do not have the financial means available, or the ability to order targets for this competition please feel free to contact me privately ASAP.I will ensure that you have targets to use. We don't want anyone to not participate because they don't have targets or the ability to order them. Do this ASAP so that we can ensure time to get these to you before things start.[*]Where you shoot your round doesn't matter, but the Specified target must be used.[*]You must be shooting from a MEASURED distance. Thismust be done with the use of either a tape measure or laser rangefinder.[*]******Please no cheating. I am very limited in how I can regulate cheating. Please know that this league is supposed to be fun and that I really hope to introduce new people to the sport of target archery with this league. Cheating will cause others to become discouraged and not participate and you will be directly affecting everyone involved by doing this. This is all I will say on this, so please use your conscious when submitting those scores. I have no doubt that we are all mature enough here to follow this to a T. [/ul]

They are available here.
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=53_250&products_id=1385 &osCsid=3e4084f404082d051c66805ba684ce22
Old 07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Summer Outdoor League

I like it. It will certainly be challenging. There will be lots of zero's that's for sure. There will also be misses that hit other targets so it's going to take some honesty as well. When do we start?
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

if it sounds good to you, it does to me, I am going to start the signup thread.....
Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

I would like to hear other guys opinions especially the HNI veterans that have shot in them in the past. Rob/PA, Rick James, and some of the others might have some input.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

that works
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Spike

Where is the sign up thread?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I am waiting approval of the senior members, if i don;t hear any complaints then I will post one tomorrow.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hmthtrfan

I am waiting approval of the senior members, if i don;t hear any complaints then I will post one tomorrow.

Yeah, none of them have said anything so I guess just go for it. Hopefully they will still be involved even though Rick James isn't running this one.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Typical Buck

These informal shoots are always enjoyable - I hope you get a ton of people for this one. Heading for the sign-up sheet now.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like it is going to be the hunter class showdown - so far.

Quick Reply: Summer Outdoor League Rules 7/13/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.