Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Thanks !

Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thanks !

First off I'd like to thank Matt for putting this all together and keeping track of everything.

I haven't been very vocal here but it's been a blast. This is my first bow (got it end of 2006). It was my first real season of hunting also. Being new to all this I was/am a bit reluctent to adjust too many things for fear of really messing something up. I know I need to be able to adjust things and this league has helped me get started on that. I've tweaked things here and there without too much trouble. I haven't gotten much better but I've been pretty consistant. The next thing I need to try to fix is my fletching contact with my rest. This is the kind of adjustments that worry me.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks !

Rob, you either need to open up you prongs or rotate you nocks a little.

That is assuming you'reusing a shoot thru rest and not a fall away.

Don't be afraid, it's how you learn.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

It's a fall away John. I assume it's not falling quick enough to get out of the way.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: flstnhd

It's a fall away John. I assume it's not falling quick enough to get out of the way.
You're just shooting too fast of an arrow.

Yeah, you might need the cable that attaches to your rest adjusted.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

That's what I have read. I think I need to lengthen it so it comes up later but goes down sooner. Does that sound right ?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I have read. I think I need to lengthen it so it comes up later but goes down sooner. Does that sound right ?
That will make it drop sooner. Don't be afraid to tinker with your rest. You can always move it back if you don't like the results.

Trial and error is what the off season is all about.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

What rest is it?

If its a QAD, the cable being to tight will cause the arms to raise back up after release. Have you ever seen the slo-mo shots of a string after release? It is amazing how much it moves after the shot. I am not sure about the other Drop aways but that has been my experience with the QAD. You want it to just get to 90 degrees at full draw.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Another thing to consider.....

Is there a chance your fletchings are making contact with your cable?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies guys. It's a Alpine Whisperflite. Most of what I had read says to lengthen the cord but I had also been told to shorten it so I thought I'd get some expert advice from you guys. After some replies to my post in the technical section I'll add that at full draw the rest comes up to about the 11 o'clock position.( that is where the "stop" is set..should it come up further? ) The cord is tied to the cable slide. It was originally set up for 4" vanes but I switched to 2" blazers before hunting season. I know the higher profile of the blazers is causing the issue.

Jeff, are you asking about cable contact thinking that is what the mark is from or that the contact with the cable is affecting the arrow as it is being released. Maybe pushing it down.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Rob:

When I switched from Radial x-weaves to a/c/c 3-71's......the extra thickness of the arrows made it impossible for me to shoot blazers with the cock vane "up".....because that put a vane at about 4 o'clock. That vane made contact with the cable on my Allegaince. I had to orient my cock vane to the 9 o'clock position to alleviate this issue.

Just asking.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.