Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Indoor Leagues
 Any thoughts on a 5 spot league? >

Any thoughts on a 5 spot league?

Community
2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Any thoughts on a 5 spot league?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any thoughts on a 5 spot league?

I'd be willing to coordinate it. I'm not 100% that I'd shoot in it to be honest though, it would require another night away from home and I don't really have that right now between my current local 450 league,working at the shop, my date night with Lisa, and 55+ hours a week at work. You guys let me know when you want to start it, and how many weeks and I'll run it.

On a side note, I was thinking of starting up an outdoorleague of sorts when it gets a bit warmer outside this spring. Something that involves say 3 different distances........kinda like a 540 round only instead shot at distances of 30 yards, 40 yards, 50 yards. This would be a game shot at a single target face, that is MUCH larger than the vegas faces we are shooting now. We would likely use a 80cm face target for this outdoor shoot, as compared the 40cm 3 spot face we are shooting now, so basically everything is 2x as large. What do you guys think about this, would anyone be interested in shooting some distance this spring/summer?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

I would be interested in the 5 spot after the first of march. I would also be into the outdoor league as well.

GMMAT, where did you hear about the 3D shoot in York?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:42 PM

We got a range here around my place that has target butts out to 60...I'd love to get that going, might be a little harder to get people to a range though because you can't fit an 80 cm face on most targets.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will throw a spot bow together, But dont laugh, some of my equipment is museum quality. Do the older guys get a handicap?
I would also be interested in shooting the 80cm face at 30, 40 ,and 50 outdoors when the weather breaks.
Thanks Matt.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

If sliverflicker put a spot rig together for a five spot league, we all better watch out!!! dude knows how to smoke some spots!!!!! He used to average 55+x's We gonna see if the boy can put a whoopen' on the oldman.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm up for the longer distance outdoor league. Let's take these Nancy boys form the solitudeof their basements.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

I'm up for the longer distance outdoor league. Let's take these Nancy boys form the solitudeof their basements.
Where have you been shooting those 10 yard games at

I would maybe be interested? I dont know yet. Would be a pita dragging my outdoor range target out of the basement outside..... Also, wouldn't be able to use my 3D bow because of the yardage differences between the outdoor game and where my pins will be set.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah but I get on a line for my real scores!! With witnesses..

I dont know yet. Would be a pita dragging my outdoor range target out of the basement outside..... Also, wouldn't be able to use my 3D bow because of the yardage differences between the outdoor game and where my pins will be set.
Boo hoo...maybe you could call Bowtech and they could make you a "special" bow for this league.

Or you could man up and shoot a hunting rig..like real life!

{feeling a little cocky this morning..lol}
Old 02-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll shoot whatever. Doesn't matter to me in the least.

Thanks guys. I can set up for about anything with my 3D bow setup(I think!). Outside is FINE. I probably need more practice at those ranges anyways!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Yeah but I get on a line for my real scores!! With witnesses..
You would have witnessed it a couple weekends ago had you not cancelled

Speaking of which.... We should go shoot the techno hunt over at Acorn one evening.... You game?

quote:

I dont know yet. Would be a pita dragging my outdoor range target out of the basement outside..... Also, wouldn't be able to use my 3D bow because of the yardage differences between the outdoor game and where my pins will be set.

Boo hoo...maybe you could call Bowtech and they could make you a "special" bow for this league.

Or you could man up and shoot a hunting rig..like real life!

{feeling a little cocky this morning..lol}
All my rigs are "hunting" rigs...I dont shoot scopes or long stabilizers It isn't abow holdingme back..... It would be dropping the cash on a new sight and having to swap it out between venues.....

I have other bows I could shoot but don't really wantto swap bows back and forth.....

If I do it,I will shoot it with a different bow....

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on a 5 spot league?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.