2008 Indoor Leagues Enjoy some off-season archery fun by participating in one of our Indoor Shooting Leagues.

Week 5 Scores Talk

Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Week 5 Scores Talk

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

Matt, I want to thank you for giving me this motivation to really work on my shooting skills.
Thank you, for realizing what this contest is really about.......... It really doesn't matter who wins or where anyone places. It's about getting better, and having fun.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly..now how about that tip (or practice drill)of the week segment?? The 10 yard practice did make me more comfortable. Even after only doing so twice.

If I could keep those few out of the tomato patch I'd be alright! Still improving though and feeling more confident.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

My son has been using the 10 yard drills and it seems to be helping quite a bit.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Typical Buck

Managed to squeak it up a couple points this week, although for awhile I thought I had it by the tail. Fatigue really got me during the last half - I lost 6 points with my first 23 arrows but 13 more on my last 22.[:@] Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

And, as has been mentioned already, this 'contest' is a great motivator for working at personal improvement. I appreciate the effort that Matt puts into this for us; thanks a bunch.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot much better than last week! broke the 400 mark for the second time.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:29 PM

Good Grief! I seem to be creeping in great bounds in the wrong direction. Good thing there's always next week!!! Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got my round in tonight. It was the last chance for me this week I think. I have been better but not too bad. Had a couple of 8 flyers tonight. I should have let down. But I just kept aiming and as I squeezed the trigger I felt myself creeping. The shots went off as I was starting toinch forward. That DON"T WORK.[:@]I blame the flu I had last weekend, still not totally back to 100% yet.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

Man, I am so happy I could piss myself!!! I shot my best score ever tonight and I am proud!!! I switched releases and just started banging 10's and x's. Really had A hard time with a touch of target panic and i think I have finally got it licked. I have been using a older stan that I have thrown to the ground a few times[:'(]. It was real sloppy and I knew it was hamppering my shooting. My dad has always told me I would get to a point where I would know if it was a good arrow or not. I am finally to that point and knew I could be doing better. My friend let me borrow one of his tru-ball tru tensions and I can't say good enough things about it. It was so much smoother than the older stan four finger I have been using. It really helped me out. here's a pic of my target this week. I am very proud of it and had to show it off.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad for a left handed shooter, shooting his Mom Ma's right handed bow.

Now give me a Hug boy
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting ruttnutt!

Is that a hunter face in your avatar? I didn't know we had any other field archers on here.........[8D]

I'll be joining a league this year for the first time. I've shot quite a few field and hunter facegames on local courses, but never in a league and I'm looking forward to that this summer.

Quick Reply: Week 5 Scores Talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.