HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 2 Scores discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/227257-week-2-scores-discussion.html)

Matt/TN 01-14-2008 09:54 PM

RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

My front shoulder is a weak point for me aswell. I also have a serious issue with making myself let down sometimes. I just want to keep pushing and pushing through the shot. That's a big weakspot. My whole Indoor game needs fine tuning. I'm still more of a 3d shooter.

shed33 01-14-2008 10:57 PM

I'll be outside againthis weekend shooting my round, looks like the temps will bedipping in the single digits here and teens during the days! :Dwe'll (son and I) get bundled up and do the best we can.

buckeye 01-15-2008 02:59 AM

Out of curiosity............I'd love to hear from others what prevents them from being a better indoor archer? What's the weak spot in your game?

I rarely practice. None of my buddies ever shoot anymore and I do not have the motivation to shoot by myself very often.... Which affects my bow shoulder strength and float.

Heck I only shot 2 warm ups on 300 rounds to get ready for this league.....

My lack of practice really showed the other day on a round of indoor 3D where I dropped 4 5's. I was having a hard time committing to the shot, and accuracy really suffered.

It always used to be the other way around where I was much stronger on 3D than paper..... Even when out of practice.
[/align]

GR8atta2d 01-15-2008 07:53 AM

[blockquote]quote:

Out of curiosity............I'd love to hear from others what prevents them from being a better indoor archer? What's the weak spot in your game? [/blockquote]

I'll agree with lack of practice..or too small of a basement I can only get 16 yards..unless I climb up in the corner of thecrawl space lol.

I shot my round for week 1 and it's no excuse but since you asked. When I got to the bowshop. I had to lower my nock point move my peep..resight.. all on a string and cables that had been shot for 6 arrows since going on.. I also shot the round with arrows from RJ that I had never shot before and they are a good 1.5" longer than my previous target arrows. I alsohadn't touched the bow since the day the strings were put on...well before Christmas.

So as you can see I'm not a real dedicated target shooter..but that doesn't mean I enjoy it any less

Having said that I shot pretty well and will probably be hard pressed to beat it since I haven't shot and arrow since that rd and rd 2 is tonight.

whitetailbowhunter 01-15-2008 07:53 AM

My weak spot is my target panic[&o]. And my wrist release is driving me nuts[:@]. I can't get my proper anchor point with wrist style releases so I am not very comfortable while making the shot, I will buy either a thumb release or BT when I get the money.:) But I still have to go and shoot some to decide which one I prefer. I'm leaning more towards the thumb release right now.

GR8atta2d 01-15-2008 07:54 AM

And GMMAT that is an awesome score on a Hunting Rig....Hat's off to you!

Do you release on, or after, the heartbeat??

GR8atta2d 01-15-2008 08:03 AM

As an adder to what holds you back...I've never had any instruction, What I do (archery~wise)I learned on my own. I've never had anyone fine tune me...and Lord knows I don't have the stones to post an evaluate my from thread!

As a golfer I've had pro's tweak me to "look" better...after losing a season here and there working through the changes,to lesser success,I've adapted a happy medium, that works best for me. It may not be taught..but no ones urging Jim Furyk to change anymore either. ;)

flstnhd 01-15-2008 09:47 AM

I'm with you GR8 as far as self taught. I bought my bow last year (2006) on the internet and have tried to learn what I can on here. And I too could never post a "how's my form" pic.

I shoot with both eyes open and do great with my 3d target or the circles and diamonds on my block target. But when I try that with these vegas targets everything becomes a blurry mess. If I shoot with one eye everything is to the right. Not sure if I should just adjust my sight for this league using one eye and change back for hunting or is there something I can do to help focus better on the vegas targets with both eyes open ?

GMMAT 01-15-2008 11:55 AM

Thanks Bob. I appreciate it.

SCBigBuckHunter 01-15-2008 02:43 PM

Well, I shot a little better this week. A 419 with 6x. 1 fewer x with 8 more points. As long as I continue to improve I will be happy.

A quick question for the guys that have been shooting awhile. What type of scores were you shooting in the beginning? I have only been shooting a little over 7 months and curious if my scores are low, average or high for someone with my experience?

Thanks RJ for handling the league.