HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Indoor Leagues (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues-93/)
-   -   Week 2 Scores discussion (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-indoor-leagues/227257-week-2-scores-discussion.html)

Rick James 01-15-2008 02:57 PM

RE: Week 2 Scores discussion

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

What type of scores were you shooting in the beginning? I have only been shooting a little over 7 months and curious if my scores are low, average or high for someone with my experience?
I shot my first 450 round in December of 2005, and ended up with a426 if I remember correctly.That yearin the local winter league Igot a bit better and hit a plateau of 430-35 average, and managed to shoot a439 in our state Triple Crown tournament.

I started working with a coach that March of 06' and after several months of work to perfect my shot execution on the blank bale and 10 yard games, I started shooting again at distance in July 06' and was an absolute terror in the local 3D league in hunter class. Once 3D season wound down, I started training again for indoor season in August 06' shooting a lot of practice games and was averaging low 440's, with a handful of games in the 447-449 range at about 10-11 months after I first started shooting spots.

buckeye 01-15-2008 05:24 PM

Well I shot the same exact score and X count as last week..... But I feel I shot a better overall round this time as I dropped less points in the first two games, I didn't need a clean 3rd game to carry me this week.....

MGH_PA 01-15-2008 05:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: SCBigBuckHunter

What type of scores were you shooting in the beginning? I have only been shooting a little over 7 months and curious if my scores are low, average or high for someone with my experience?
I shot my first 450 round in December of 2005, and ended up with a426 if I remember correctly.That yearin the local winter league Igot a bit better and hit a plateau of 430-35 average, and managed to shoot a439 in our state Triple Crown tournament.

I started working with a coach that March of 06' and after several months of work to perfect my shot execution on the blank bale and 10 yard games, I started shooting again at distance in July 06' and was an absolute terror in the local 3D league in hunter class. Once 3D season wound down, I started training again for indoor season in August 06' shooting a lot of practice games and was averaging low 440's, with a handful of games in the 447-449 range at about 10-11 months after I first started shooting spots.
You're a machine. When did you first start shooting competitively?

Rick James 01-15-2008 06:21 PM

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

You're a machine. When did you first start shooting competitively?
I wouldnt say that quite, I'm still only a slightly better than average indoor shooter in my local leagues. I do pretty good on the 3D course though. The local indoor league I shoot in has at least2-3 different guys that will average 449-449.6 for a 10 week league....that kind of competition will push you. These guys are shooting more perfect 450 games than they are 449's.......

I shot a bit of competitive 3D when I was in highschool, but probably less than 10 events total. After that I was a backyard archer exclusively until summer of 05' when I started to compete again locally in 3D. Keep in mind I did shoot some decent scores my first year of shooting spots, but I worked for it more than most I know that got to that level as well. I had to quit shooting anything but blank bale and 10 yard games for 3 months when I started working with a coach, and I had a 5-6 month period that I averaged 1000+ arrows a week, I was also single at that time and had (still have) a best friend that happens to hold 2x world titles (NETAA) and more state championships than I can count. That's what pushed me to be a better shooter. Leagues etc........even if you aren't on top it will make you a better shooter when you surround yourself with better shooters and pull yourself out of your comfort zone even if you end up on the bottom or middle of the list when it's all said and done.

Rick James 01-15-2008 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Well I shot the same exact score and X count as last week..... But I feel I shot a better overall round this time as I dropped less points in the first two games, I didn't need a clean 3rd game to carry me this week.....

Good shooting buckeye!! Another great score!

GMMAT 01-15-2008 07:10 PM

Great shooting, Scott.

jmbuckhunter 01-15-2008 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

You're a machine!!

shed33 01-15-2008 08:17 PM

In your opinions....how much different would you top dogs be shooting if youhad to shootoutside right now in the winter elements...? I'm just curious.. is indoors really that much easier to shoot? I have never shot indoors past paper tuning a bow.. But I just got permission from my neighbor to shoot in his shop/concrete floor wood stove fully insulated!its 40x60 atleast andI think possibly bigger.....! I can now shoot any evening of the week! I am pumped..

I want some coaching! let me have it pros!

GMMAT 01-15-2008 08:44 PM

Troy I don't know.....but I'm guessing (PURE Guess) I'd drop 10 points or more. Heck it could be more.

Rick James 01-15-2008 08:57 PM

I guess there is no simple answer to that. Depends on how much the wind blows, how much your bulky clothes are affecting anchor points, how much the cold weather makes your muscles stiff and makes it tough to build muscle memory, etc.........

I gotta say that 78lbs your pulling has gotta take a toll though over 45 arrows. [8D]