Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50) >

Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Community

Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Old 10-11-2008, 01:30 PM

Default RE: Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Good Luck go get'em be the first to put us on the board!!
Old 10-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got home from hunting a little while ago, I had 3 does at 45 yards right at 9:00, they decided to make a right turn into the heavy stuff instead of mosing up the trail into my sights. My buddy kicked up a nice 8 as he was walking out. Damn thing was bedded 50 yards from his stand. By the time we checked our other stands and walk out I was dripping, the temps where almost at 80. So not much movement today. Hope the corn is cut next weekend and then watch out...
Old 10-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Southern Buck,

Does that count as your buck for this year? Not sure of the rules other than you can not enter but one buck. Here in Texas if the horn is not throught the skin it is antlerless and a antlerless tag goes on the deer.
No that counts as an anterless deer so I still have my 2 buck tags and nine doe tags left.

Well bow season is over for me and now its smoke pole season hopefully ill nail the buck I showed yall this go round, good luck every body!!
Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM

I finally get to get out this weekend after not hunting since opening day in WI.... but it is doe only and i gotta wear orange.... Hopefully this weather turns around it is just ridiculously warm out.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The forecast is for the temps to get down in the mid 30's Friday night. Saturday should see some more movement.It would bereally good if they are cutting the corn this weekend...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:34 AM

Went out Saturday morning and only seen 1 BB, and 4 Doe. The temps here in PA. have been pretty warm, but starting to cool down this weekend. I'll be back out Wed. and Thurs. evening.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Spike

We are finally getting some cooler weather here in NC. A cold front is moving thru and should get the deer moving. I saw two 6 pointers cross the road at the entrance to my subdivision this morning on the way to work (I live in a fairly urban area), so I hope that's a good omen. Barring rain, I'll be in a tree before sun up in the morning. Hopefully I'll see something worth shooting and get us on the board.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya man, I hear yah about the temps cooling off. Hope it get them deer moving more. My buddy and I aregoing out Sat morning. Hoping the corn is getting cut.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Finally! Opening morning for me in NY today. Sat until 11:00am this morning. I had 4 different bucks cruise by me. No shooters though. Heading back out in a little bit for the afternoon.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy and I went out this morning. He sees a 6 point just after sunup and I have a fork horn about a half hour later begging to get whacked, 13 yards perfect broadside shot. Well I decided to pass as it was early and things where looking very promising. Anyway my buddy couldn't get a shot off at that 6 point. Well the rest of the morning turned out to be pretty uneventful. I did see a total of 4 does, none close enough to even think about a shot. My buddy took a shotat a doe but missed on the yardage and slid one under her belly. The ggod news is we are seeing deer every timw out so far, the bad news is the corn is still in and we did not see any large bucks today. They are around, just being shy...

Quick Reply: Offical TeamDeath By Lethal Injection Thread (50)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.