Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44) >

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Community

Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Old 10-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: official team 44 thread

Got the wife out huh? That's cool!! I'm planning on taking my wife (absolute non-hunter) out one hunt this Fall. I could only hope that she has a good time and that we some wildlife. I'll update you guys if/when that happens. I went out yesterday morning and didn't see a deer. It was 65 degrees (already warm)by the time I got to the stand and things were just slow. Gotta keep trying though!! Good luck everyone!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is plenty warm here in iowa county. 80+ degrees... Its horrible. I hunt no matter what just incase. I did spook up a buck and a doe when it was hot. I just like going out and watching the nature around me; squirrels, birds, ground squirrels and the trees are very beautiful at this time of the year.

Im only 13 (so theres no wife in this picture) but I do have a mother who has hunted a few times in the past and she was so frightened (it was shotgun season). She was thinking of buying a bow which would be a much better choice for her. I might have a new shooting partner.
I was just asking her if she would like to go out turkey hunting. She said she would like to try it and I would be really happy to take her out.

Note: If you guys have any videos from hunting this season please send them to me through a e-mail or pm. Im putting together a team video and would like to get as many people on the team as possible. It doesn't even have to be a kill, tape some does while your out, maybe a little spike. Just get some neat footage and we will have a nice video to show off at the end of the season to the rest of the community.

Also if you guys have trail camera pictures. POST THEM UP! Get us all pumped up.

Is there anyone on the team that season has not started yet?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys just getting back from my last football game. I scored my first touchdown! I usually never played offense but they put me in at fullback and kept running dive plays and finally after about a three first downs I finally make a touchdown. I had a ton of tackles on defense (playing stinger, which is a standing defensive end). Our total record for this year is 3-1-1.

Well now to the bad news. I will be playing in two basketball teams this year. Our school JH basketball and the AAU basketball. Our practices for JH basketball is during the week (after school) then AAU basketball practice will be on saturdays in the morning (around 7 am) then in the mornings on the week days. We will have AAU tournaments on saturdays OR sundays. It is sorta screwing up my deer hunting but I have the rest of my life to deer hunt. My basketball career will end in 5 years so im pretty happy to be able to play, whether or not its interfereing with hunting.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

you do what you gotta do andrew, youll find time to get in the woods, good luck and congrats on your touchdown
Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on your touchdown Andrew!!

Well, I broke the ice tonight. Havent taken the bow out since last week because of family obligations but I got out tonight and took a young doe with a nice quartering away double lunger. It went 30 yards. Had to wait 45 minutes for the other two does to leave. They just kept circling the dead one and grunting at her.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys what's up?i've been real busy trying to finish up some side jobs so i can concentrate on hunting.my season opens saturday.my son and i are going to my uncle's camp friday.our weather seems to be coming around alittle.it's going to be in the 50's low 30's for the weekend.wish you all luck talk to ya soon!! with good news hopefully.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks everyone!

Good luck joe when you finally get out there.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Andrew on the touchdown. That's great! As far as basketball goes, enjoy it my friend. All too soon you will be grown up, out of school, and will really appreciate all those memories you can look back on. You'll find time to hunt. You've only got so many years to play sports in school.

Good luck to all who are going out this weekend. Seems the temp is dropping across a good part of the Midwest this weekend. Enjoy.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

BT you scored a doe? nice work,, I am cursed lately I go out to shoot a buck and will only see does, if I go doe hunting im only seeing small bucks, so far all im seeing is small bucks, but weather is switching up here, so I will be out all saturday , and hope to score. talk to you guys soon
Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont think practice starts till the next week. That means I can hunt this weekend.

Quick Reply: Official Team Big Bucks Gone Wild Thread (44)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.