Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29) >

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Community

Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Well Team,
It pains me to have to write this out to you guys, but it's nothing but bad news. My father is nearing the end in his fight with cancer, and my hunting time will be seriously limited while taking care of him. I have asked Jim JFergus7 to take over as captain if something comes up and I'm not around. He was the other person willing to do it, and I feel he would have been a good one, but I'll do my best keep up with things going on.
Moving along to even more bad news.... My aunt & uncle showed up this afternoon to help out with dad. Dad looked at me and told me to go get in a tree and kill something. I took his advice and went home and showered and grabbed my gear thinking I could maybe take a doe...anthing would make him happy. Around 6:30 this evening, I caught movement off to my right and noticed a body through the leaves. I picked up the bow and got ready for a shot. I was quite surprised to see it was a very large body carrying a 150 or better rack on it. He was in an opening, and I drew. I settled my pin and sqeezed the trigger on the release....I saw a small maple leaf wiggle half way between me and the buck. I watched my arrow go right underneath him! It wasn't even so much I missed, but man would that have put a smile on dad's face....I'm so disappointed in myself....I let him down as well as you guys. I'll let ya'll know if or when I get the chance to get out again.
Take care and GOOD LUCK out there fellas.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take care bud, we're here and remember what I said in my PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well like I have already told you. For as much fun the contest and forums are we all have to realize they are just a fun part of life. Clearly your attention has to be with your father. I just hope that he is as comfortable as possible and everyone gets to enjoy the time you have with him. We are all here for you and please keep us posted. We all wish him nothing but the best.

Jim
Old 09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

RattleSnake~~ I have never spoken to you but felt I would give you my best wishes that everything goes well for you. I am sorry to hear of your situation.

I am sure you didnt let your dad or anyone on here down. Id say he will have a big enough smile on his face when you tell him the story of your hunt this evening!

Good Luck man take care!!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:36 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad but its good that he still wants you to get out there and hunt!!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us updated on your status.

Good luck with that buck you'll get another shot!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Think it is time we get on the board guys! I will be out Thursday and Friday for the first time this season. Truck is packed I just have to stop by Todd's and pick up my new tree stand and sticks!!

Anyone else seeing anything or even getting out to hunt?
Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

TJF- Were you able to get out today for your season opener?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out on Friday evening!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:48 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Toby

You and yourdadare in my thoughts and prayers.Enjoy the time you have together. Sorry to hear about your big buck encounter. Chit happens don't beat yourself up. Easier said then done as I still am kicking myself for botching up my shot at a good buck also. [:'(]

Take care bud!!

Tim
Old 09-29-2008, 09:59 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

TJF- Were you able to get out today for your season opener?
My bowseason opened the end of August.

I did manage to sneak out of work for an hour of huntinga few days ago. I had a really nice buckworking my way until he vanished behind a smallknoll. [:@]The knoll I wanted to be sitting behind buta couple does were moving already and I snuck in a closeas I dared. [&:] Hopefully soon I can sneak into that spot onanother PM hunt with a bit more time to spare.

Sneaking in a hunt in the morning before work. Didn'treally get to scout it much but got a good idea where to sit from past years. Not going to be picky on this hunt or should say strictly buck hunting. First doe that goes by dies. If a nice buck goes by first... he dies. Something is going to die. Well I can hope can't I??

Tim

Quick Reply: Official Team Tip 1 Over! Thread (29)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.