Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3) >

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Community

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Old 10-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Just got a report of a monster buck being killed a few miles from my place. This is the buck featured on field and streams site as a possible world record. They said he green scored in the 230's as a NT. So I guess he may not be the new record typical. guess I will have to settle for 2nd biggest buck
Old 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Great bucks guys!

I wasn't able to get out this weekend. I rained all day saturday. It started at around 2 a.m. and didn't stop until about 5:30. We got about 1.5 - 2 inches. It would have been miserable out there and more then likely wouldn't have seen a thing. I have hunted in the rain there and didn't see a thing, I chalked it up to a lesson learned. I plan on taking off this Friday and hunting Saturday also.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the dandy bucks guys. Very nice the wind here has been just horrible have a full 3 days coming up this weekend.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guys.... Congrats on the BucksNice to see you all are starting to connect with some antlersHopefully I will also SOON.

I was on vacation the last 9 days and it was heaven!!!
HNI Christine and I went to Brown County Illinois for 3 days of bowhunting in the wind and rain but we still managed to have a great time and kill a couple of deer.
Christine got her biggest buck so far that scored 128.5 and I had a 160 inch buck come in the 1st evening but 60 yards was the closest he came. I had a bunch of dink bucks and a 135 classs buck I could of killed but I really want something 160 or better.
Since the bucks didnt cooperate with me I had to do some doe reduction.
The park I am Bowhunting is a EAB so I killed 2 Does yesterday AM so I am now Buck Bowhunting the park
Here is a pic of HNI Christines Brown County Buck on Team Bontech Commanders and My Brown County Doe

Old 10-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

And HNI Christines Brown County Buck

Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

congrats on the doe. I can't wait to see what kind of pig you put down this year. I will be out this Friday and Saturday.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Well I went out Friday and had a great half day. At day break I caught movement to my right which I thought was a good sized doe. It turned out to be a young buck. As he was working his way slowly toward me, I seen movement in behind him. I looked closer and saw a real nice buck. As he cleared the thicket, the bigger he got. My guess was 125-130 10 point and looked as though he would have dressed at 180lbs. He was trailing the 4 point the whole way out. As he cleared the thicket, I saw another buck in the background. I only saw 2 tines but each one was at least 10 -12 inches. He never came up out of the thicket. It took the two buck 25 minutes to come 30 yards. The little buck feed into a clearing about 12 yards away. Every time he would stop to feed, his head would be facing me. The 10 point was still hanging in the tree line. He was about one step from clearing the tree line and giving me a shot as the 4 point was about 1 step from going behind a big tree to give me a chance to pull back. Just then two more buck came hauling butt down the hill pulling these two with them. Maybe twenty more seconds and I would have had my buck. I guess thats why they call it hunting and not killing.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Rut action in picking up immensely in IL, bucks are hitting the ground right and left..coming into calls...GOOD LUCK GUYS!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Well, here are some gamecam pics that I promised you all of the buck I was telling you all about:

And here he is with my dad sitting behind him this past Sunday:

Here is the link to the short story I wrote about him in the Deer Hunting forum: http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3148640&mpage=1&key=&#314864 0
Old 11-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on setting your Dad up on a great deer. Its almost as exciting when some one your hunting with gets something as if you did it yourself.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.