Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3) >

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Community

Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Old 09-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Spent all day yesterday placing stands on my property. Put some feed out at each one to start drawing them into the area. I'll cut the feed before bow season. I also placed a trail cam over my trough feeder that holds a sweet feed and corn mix. I'll pull the memory card tomorrow evening and see what I've got on camera in two nights. Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to post.

~Jeff
Old 09-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Freaks, pretty quiet on the team 3 thread, I hope you all had a greatholidayweekend. Mine was busy with family and friends. We have3 birthdays around the end of Aug so we celibrate with a BBQ or two. No time for hunting related things this weekendexcept a little shooting in the yard. I am dead on to 35yds and that is plenty for me.

Picked up somelighted nocks Tracer by Easton, work great so far anyone try them or hear anything good/bad?

Good luck to all of you with the trail cams can't wait to see some pics. I gave up 2 camers gone 2 seaons ago. Nothing expensive but till I get a more private spot to hunt I will do it the old fashion way.

Paul
Old 09-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

Not a thing wrong with the ol fashioned way! I have a very exclusive hunting spot that I run my cameras on. I'm, generally, not too comfortable putting them on farms that I feel may get a lot of attention from trespassers or folks that I don't know. That is a lot of money to leave up for grabs!

As for me, I have a wedding to get ready for...tying the knot in less than two weeks....September 13th! You may tell yourself....oh this means half as much "standtime" as last season!! But, thankfully, she loves to bowhunt as well! Originally, she just wanted to start this as a hobby as a way to spend more time with me....but now she is in love with it after she shot her first deer with my Thompson/Center. Needless to say, I LOVE HER!!!! HAHAHA! Opening day is less than 30 days out!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

The spots that I hunt, there is no preseason scouting. I hunt on federal ground and the only time you get to see the location is that morning when your up in the tree. I guess it is good for the fact there is no human scent to change the route of the deer until its to late. I know the area is good for the fact that we see deer there all the time.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Brad, congrats on the wedding. A hunting honeymoon?Seriously, it is really great to find someone special and even better to be able to share the things each of you love to do with the other.

Paul

Old 09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I took my Sharpshooters proficiency test today and all went well. Season is approaching and I did draw for some metro hunts where the monsters may roam. Hopefully everything works out and I tag a good one. I am still waiting to check the cam on the farm I know there is at least one decent buck there and I had several pics of smaller bucks but nothing that I would put my tag on just yet in a photo. AT least I will be seeing some deer until my metro hunt comes up.

I also picked up the tracer knocks after having spotty success with the luminocks. Sure anxious to see how well they perform. My luck at the moment of truth I will notice the magnet fell off my bow or something. lol
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Tribal, the magnets seem to be the week point in the system. I am not sure how well the velcro will hold up so a extra magnet goes in the back pack, just hope I notice it is gone before I am full draw on a deer.I was thinking of epoxy instead of the velcro. They do work great I shot right at last light about 1/2 hour ago 30 arrows before it got too dark. No problems at all.

Metro hunts, I wish they did something like that here we have some monsters roaming in andout of backyards and woodlots but you can't hunt them. In some areas the towns brings in sharp shooters during the winterto cull the herd.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually a good idea, I have to run to the pro shop, I will pick up a extra one as well. They do seem to be superior to luminocks thats for sure.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

hey guys just checking in. i had my 7th anniversary over the weekend. and i also started classes again on tuesday. so needless to say i am busy. i will be stopping in on the occasion.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Typical Buck

Just checking in, haven't been here in a while. I was practicing about an hour ago and shot my first robin hood @ 30 yards. The bow is feeling good in the hand right now. I am ready for the 1st of October to get here. I am headed to the farm to move some cameras around and do a little scouting. It's getting close, only about 26 days.

Quick Reply: Official Team Bone Freaks Thread (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.