Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41) >

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Community

Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Old 10-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: yesterday's Wyoming adventure

I have been out 4 times and have seen deer everytime just does and small bucks!!!! I am started to get pics of mature bucks they are still moving just before light and after dark. I will start hitting it pretty hard coming up!!! We are expecting a cold front by the middle of the week so it should get better. Good luck to all. Doug
Old 10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 41 kicks arse

Well lads, I had a pretty exciting weekend.Four gents from Pa. and three gents from La. shared my elk woods with me. On Staurday, one of thePa. boyz hit a 5x6 bull. He hit him in the right hind quarter. We foundzero blood but were able to track him using all the drag marks the bull was leaving. We passed a hunter who actually saw the bull and confirmed he was hit in the rear leg (the hunter had a cow tag, and thus, did not drop the bull in his tracks). The bull managed to elude us on Saturady.We found him skinned and quartered in a camp of scum hunters the following morning. The bastards lied about how they came by the elk. We simply wanted the truth-for closure purposes. Long story...we are sure they found him dead.

Anyway, on Saturday evening, Jesse and I killed a cow:
http://www.camospace.com/file/pic/gallery/104553_view.jpg

On Sunday, I took Mark Perry ( the friend with cancer) and Chris Laylon ( From Pa.) to 13,500 feet.
http://www.camospace.com/file/pic/gallery/104554_view.jpg

It took me three minutes to find elk from this high perk in God's country. Chris and Mark dropped down on them from above. I stayed-wasn't about to give up the best seat in the house. From 300+ yards, Chris and Mark dropped the hammer on a Raghorn bulland cow.
http://www.camospace.com/file/pic/gallery/104556_view.jpg

Two mulie bucks were had by the La. boyz. They were in the fine care of my sister. Pictures pending...

We spent the rest of the day packing out meat. I'm still a touch sore from the ordeal
http://www.camospace.com/file/pic/gallery/104558_view.jpg

And here are some photos from Wyoming.
http://www.camospace.com/file/pic/gallery/104549_view.jpg
http://www.camospace.com/file/pic/gallery/104551_view.jpg

One more weekend of elk chasing and then I'll be back after the deer!

Good luck everyone! It's getting exciting!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was about to say Packing out two elk from 13,000 feet has got to be a killer. Congrats on some great hunts and for sharing them with others. I've got two weeks (only one weekend)of bow season left and then it's blackpowder. I'll be hunting on my family farm the first week of November. If I put one down with BP I'll take my bow back up.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:46 PM

just curious... any of you gents have facebook? I got all sorts of pictures and stuff on there, as well as my turkey hunting video from the spring.
Good Luck
Old 10-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have face book account, whsat is your screen name?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw a nice buck last night (100-110"). Good mainframe eight. Unfortunately he was 200 yards away with three does. I'm going to try and move in on him tonight. He came out about 5 minutes after sunset and was still there when I left. I'm hoping for a repeat tonight anda good wind. I would think tomorrow evening a better chance since a front will be moving in Friday but I have obligations that evening.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a good wind but not any good trees. I'm going to give it a try tonight in a small tree. Hopefully I'll get my chance and not screw it up.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhh what a morning for me.... my buddy and I arrived early to get in our double stand so he could film, nehow we got there and found that sometime between sunday evening and this morning someone had stolen both my stands, one being my summitt viper SS climber.... i am so mad i could spit fire right now....

However after seeing this i immediately went to the only other stand i have found on the land to look for someone or something to get some answers....well i arrived there with my buddy and found noone there, so we decided to just setup in this persons stand since it was getting light...well about 15 mins later with my buddy on the ground below the ladder ( camoed in with branches) a nice doe came in and i was able to take her at 15 yards.... man the rage completely destroyed her pump station.... went 40 yards and piled up...

Bought a new stand tonight at walmart, a cheapy and a lock, gonna setup in a new spot i recently found closer to the thicket that i know a big boy is in... hope for the best
Old 10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I had perfect wind but didn't see a thing but two squirrels.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck tonight and over the weekend boyz. Let's get out there!

Quick Reply: Official Team 60 yds 1 pin Thread (41)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.